Old 04-24-2002, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default To ABN_CIB

Gimpy

Registered to :Aug 23, 2001
Posted 17-02-2002 at 23:50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Jonn,

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and your "anniversary" old friend.

May God help you to get through these days of "remembrance" of that difficult time 11 years ago.

Trust me, as the years go by, it does get better---it'll never go away---but, it will get better.

God Bless you and all the hero's of Desert Storm!!

Your friend,

-----------------
Gimpy RIVERENE**MUD-GRUNT "I ain't no fortunate son"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Email Qoute
arrow

Registered to :Aug 21, 2001
Posted 18-02-2002 at 14:53
John...what Steve said..take care brother..sis

Profile Qoute
ABN_CIB

Registered to :Aug 28, 2001
Posted 19-02-2002 at 12:35
Thanks, Gimpy and Arrow, I was just passing through and ran across this. My son is home on leave, kinda takes the edge off, ya know.

I hope FL is treating you well.

Gonna vote for Janet Reno in November?

Profile Email www Qoute
Gimpy

Posted 19-02-2002 at 21:50
Glad your son got to come on leave for a while. Tell him we're proud of him and his contributions to the effort to rid the world of terriorism!

Don't worry old friend---I wouldn't vote for Reno for "dogcatcher"---much less Governor!!

I'll do all I can to see that she OR Jeb don't get elected!!

Best to you and yours,

-----------------

Profile Email Qoute
MORTARDUDE

Posted 20-02-2002 at 11:02
Who does that leave Gimpy ?? Sort of like being between a rock and hard place or the devil and the deep blue sea ?????

Profile Email www Qoute
ABN_CIB

Posted 20-02-2002 at 11:20
Yer right, Mortardude. Poor Gimpy is a Conservative who wouldn't pull a lever for a Republican if RE Lee his'sef told Gimpy to do it. Looks like he's in the right state to be a confused voter.

Profile Email www Qoute
catman

Registered to :Sep 02, 2001
From lum city, wi
Posted 20-02-2002 at 16:01
Hey ABN, just wanted to know if you are ready to re-up for the coming attraction in Iraq. I was there next to you 11 years ago with 1st cav.

Last night i was watching that policticly correct Hardball with chris whateverhisnameis and they were actually arguing whether or not we should invade Iraq. Hard to believe they would not let us finish it 11 years ago. I guess as time goes by i start to understand some of what our veit nam brothers went through. Keep the faith brother.

-----------------
Godspeed and keep low!

Profile Email www Qoute
SEATJERKER

Posted 20-02-2002 at 20:18
...Dear ABN CIB, You, and yours did not recieve the recognition that you deserve as most of the public only saw the Gulf War as 100 days of American might, and hi tech camera guided missles...
... Little do they know the amount of support that is needed to complete any mission,...
... and god bless the idiots that jump out of a perfectly good aircraft hanging from something a spider shits out to preserve what this great nation still, and will always offer...FREEDOM...
... I still think of Michael Speicher quite often as being the only pilot I believe still missing from the Gulf War since I have an attachment to pilots after working on the egress systems...
...Your a one of a kind, as most true Veterans can say..."C"...
>>>"Gimpy can't catch no catfish, Gimpy can't catch no catfish, nah, nah nah nah nah<<<
...now he get to watch out for beach whales....................

-----------------
Egress// Last chance for life

Profile Qoute
Gimpy

Posted 21-02-2002 at 00:08
Hey "Dude" and Jonn,

I ain't "confused"! I KNOW their both idiots!!

There are a couple of good "independents" running for "Guv" down heanh. Hell---I may run myseff!
At least that way I KNOW there would be at LEAST one honest person in the race!!

PS---Curtis---I don't even TRY to catch them ol "bottom-feeders"! I'm catchin so dang many big ol redfish, speckled trout & snook I dun gone an filled up my freezer!!!

-----------------

Profile Email Qoute
sgt_ratman

Registered to :Aug 24, 2001
Posted 21-02-2002 at 06:44
abn been wonderingwhere you were at like the other have said it will get brtter ,but it will never go away. you may forget your way home as you get older but you never forget the thing that happened in the war enjoy the time with your son and tell him thanks from someone that's to old to do anything.
razz a Liberal and proud of it seeee yaaaa

Profile Email www Qoute
ABN_CIB

Posted 21-02-2002 at 08:01
Well, Gimpy, if you run, I might move down there and he'p ya. We might not win, but we can sure have some fun. I hope you'll lower the cigarette tax and liquor tax right off. Everything else can wait.
-----------------
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2002, 09:22 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ABNCIB

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm back. i had problems with the 'net and haven't been able to get back in here. I noticed that all the visits to my old web page were coming from here, so I thought I'd holler atcha. Howdy all.
Old 05-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Glad to see you made it back on
Old 05-14-2002, 09:28 AM

Talking glad to see you back.

razz
Old 05-14-2002, 12:07 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default abn/cib

Welcome home..Glad to have you back in the fold

Peace,Griz
Old 05-14-2002, 02:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well I'll be hornswaggled if'n

I wuzn't gettin kinda worried bout you'un's thare feller!

Looks I wun't be-a makin it up thare til sumtime round-a-bout tha 20th anniversary of the "WALL" in November. I'll be-a lettin ya knoe fer shore whut tha axtual date uv my arrival in D.C will be so's we kin get tagether agin and go visit our Brothers like we did before.

Lookin forward ta seein ya agin, old frand.

Till then, Best to you and tha Miss-us ABN & all yo fambly!

Yo Frand,

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:26 AM

You got it, Gimpy. Anyone gonna be here for the Thunder Run? I'll be down there lookin' for ya'all.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default John,

Great having you back. You know your always welcome at the Viet side of the fence also.

Gimpy for Guvner. Yep, I'd vote for that!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 06-03-2002, 06:51 AM

Are You Kiddin' me Paco? I'm welcome everywhere I go, I'm such a warm and sunny spirit. How's the golf and martinis down there in SC? Congrats on being the VotM. Got any advice for those of us without tires?
Old 06-05-2002, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Yes!

Rotate your ammo!

Martini's are dry and wonderful down here this time of the year. We have a drought going on so I'm conserving water and having more "tuni's". No golf yet, but the Doc says I can start playing. Trying to get appointment with my pro down in (yech!) Hilton Hell so she can help me work on a new swing to go with a new hip.

Hope all is going well with you and really is great to see you back on site!

Airborne!

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)