The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2004, 02:21 AM

Default Drinking?

Please, please, please

DO NOT DRINK

Alcohol is in the same family of ... ethanol that you most likely have been harmed by already
Quote:
Ethyl Alcohol [64-17-5]
Synonyms: Ethanol absolute; Ethyl alcohol; Denatured alcohol; alcohol; methylcarbinol; Anhydrol; ethyl hydrate; ethyl hydroxide; Ethanol; algrain; cologne spirit; fermentation alcohol; grain alcohol; jaysol; jaysol s; molasses alcohol; potato alcohol; spirit; spirits of wine; tecsol; alcohol dehydrated; ethanol 200 proof; cologne spirits (alcohol); sd alcohol 23-hydrogen; Synasol
(RETIC RATIO will tell the tale - Cause of fatigue is red blood cell damage. What size are your red blood cells?)

But your liver is at risk already ... and you should avoid any and all unnecessary chemicals, anyway ... but most especially ones that have caused your harm in the first place.

Any cleaning and degreaser products that work well, should also be avoided or only used with goggles and protective gloves and ventilation equivalent to outdoors.

Even something as the ethanol in DAWN may be harmful to you.
And these products, too

You can't take any more exposure to chemicals in this 'family'

And this is the least of them - ethyl alcohol or ethanol - NJ Hazard sheet

Does your spouse use these? They have stronger versions of this 'family' of chemical:http://www.valdezlink.com/household.htm

And these for 2-butoxyethanol

And these for diethylene glycol monobutyl ether (Put in CAS #112-34-5 into this data base)

Gulf War Vets exposed to these? YES
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2004, 01:54 PM

Screw it......I'd rather die than not be able to enjoy a beer. When you take all the pleasures out of life.....it's not worth living.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:02 PM

Enjoy a beer!

But everything in moderation

If you have harm from this type of chemical ... whether just in drinking beer or the more complex ethanols ... then 'watch out'

That's all

Who wants liver cancer or leukemias?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:14 PM

colmurph,

"Screw it......I'd rather die than not be able to enjoy a beer. When you take all the pleasures out of life.....it's not worth living."

A couple of news storys on drinking:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Study: 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks can help even men with high blood pressure
(Boston-AP) March 23, 2004 - Even men with high blood pressure apparently benefit from a few drinks now and then. Until now, doctors advised them against drinking, because alcohol increases blood pressure.

But, researchers at Brigham and Women's Hospital and the Veterans Affairs hospital in Boston have found that moderate amounts of alcohol increase "good cholesterol" and reduce heart attack risk even for men with hypertension.

It's the first study to expand on what earlier studies found in the general population.

Lead researcher Doctor Michael Gaziano says the benefits are seen with a half-glass to one or two glasses of an alcoholic beverage per day. More than that, he says, brings blood pressure and cancer risks that "offset the good things the alcohol is doing," and begins "to wash away the benefits."

posted 11:44am by Chris Rees
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maggie,
yet another article on the benifits of drinking in moderation. Kind of makes you want to reconsider your earlier position :cd: or perhaps you where only encouraging people not to consume denatured alcohol :cd:

Doctor discusses benefits of moderate drinking
Monday, March 22, 2004
From Vine to Wine by David Falchek

The father of what has become known as the ?French Paradox? preached to more than 500 members of the wine industry last week about the health benefits of moderate alcohol consumption.

In a talk that was part scientific presentation, part revival, Dr. R. Curtis Ellison summarized studies, now in the hundreds, that connect moderate alcohol consumption with better overall health and lower risk of disease. His pithy report often brought the audience of wine industry representatives to cheers.

The Boston College epidemiologist best known for a 1991 appearance on ?60 Minutes? to discuss the French Paradox, was the keynote speaker Monday in Lancaster, Pa., at Wineries Unlimited, a tradeshow and convention that attracted many wine industry representatives from the Finger Lakes.

?60 Minutes? host Morley Safer noted that the French do everything wrong in terms of their health: they eat a high-fat diet, they don?t jog and they smoke, yet they have much lower heart disease rates than Americans. That became known as the French Paradox.

?The key to understanding the French Paradox is to realize that it?s not that they drink more, but that they drink regularly,? he said. ?Many of the protective effects of alcohol are short-lived, 24 to 36 hours or less. So never go more than a day without a drink.?

Ellison said that despite the overwhelming scientific evidence, the federal government and physicians fail to present fair and balanced information on alcohol and health.

?It is no longer reasonable for physicians to fail to discuss alcohol consumption with patients for fear that encouragement to consume alcohol moderately might possibly lead them to abuse alcohol,? he said. ?There is no question that moderate drinkers have less heart disease.?

He cited the England?s Ministry of Health?s official stance on alcohol, endorsing moderate consumption as a component of a healthy lifestyle.

Ellison cited research connecting moderate alcohol consumption with everything from decreased risk of obesity and Alzheimer?s disease to increased bone density. Alcohol also increases HDL ? or ?good cholesterol? ? even more than vigorous exercise, he said.

He derided what he called the ?political science? of alcohol research in the United States and described how officials at the National Institute for Health in 1974 suppressed results from the Framingham Heart Study that reported abstinence from alcohol as a risk factor for coronary heart disease.

Ellison did his best to balance his pro-alcohol presentation. Alcohol abuse leads to increased violence and accidents, increased incidence of cancers of liver and gastro-intestinal tract, even brain disorders. Binge drinking, which he defined as five to six drinks at one sitting, is unhealthy, he added.

And at least one study, suggested that moderate consumption of alcohol increased the incidence of breast cancer 5 percent for women. He said the connection merits more scrutiny and said the potential 5 percent increased risk for breast cancer should be considered against the well-established 70 percent decrease in coronary heart disease.

Ellison listed five guidelines for a living a healthy lifestyle:

? Avoid obesity.

? Eat a diet high in fiber and unsaturated fat and low in trans fat and glycemic load.

? Engage in moderate-to-vigorous physical activity for at least two hours a day.

? Don?t smoke.

? Consume a minimum of one-half to two typical alcoholic beverages a day.

?So many of the rules for health are ?don?t,? ?don?t? and ?don?t,?? he said. ?We know that moderate consumption of alcohol is one thing we can do that can help increase health and longevity.?

Ellison is a professor of medicine and public health at the Boston University School of Medicine. He is also director of the Institute for Lifestyle and Health and a senior researcher in the Framingham Heart Study.
--------------------------------------------

The French Paradox...hmm??
There are numerous studies on the effects of alchol, that either claim it helps or hinders a persons health. Perhaps it is best to leave the decision to drink or not to drink up to individuals and their physicians?

Hawk :cl:
I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should
do, By the grace of God, I will do. -Edward Everett Hale
Old 04-06-2004, 05:04 PM

Oh, and dont forget the harmful rays coming from the computer monitor. They will give you brain cancer along with cell phone usage. I dont see you touting this hazard.

Okay, okay, I'll:

1. stop eating anything I don't grow myself (with approx 8 months of winter here in NY guess that means I'll starve before spring, and I only live on 6 acres not quite enough land for animals, but then its not healthy to eat animals either).

2. stop drinking everything...water is contaminated from everywhere, soda is bad for you, orange juice is high in carbs, milk is full of growth hormone & antibiotics, alcohol is bad for you.

3. stop working because the fuel consumption is bad for the environment and the stress is bad for my heart ( but then I couldn't afford to buy crop seed to grow the food to feed my family so we'll all starve faster).

4. stop heating my house in the winter months because petroleum based fuels pollute and the mining process destroys the ecology, the same with electricity. And burning wood destroys ozone and wipes out the trees and without trees the little furry critters that are starving because there is no crop seed for them to raid will all starve to death for lack of home.

5. stop wearing clothing because they use chemicals to make the synthetic cloth and it is cruel to wear items made using animal products. It's also bad for the ecology to wear cotton, or linen because of the monoculture farming destroying the land.

So lets see...if I don't die of thirst, I'll die of hunger and if I dont die of hunger, I'll die of exposure.

But wait..I forgot...humans are not part of the ecosystem that is the Earth. They are the evil invaders setting out to destroy it and themselves in the process.

Sorry if I sound bitter but years of growing up in California where bleeding hearts were streaming in daily to protest during the 60s & 70s have left me with a sour taste.

What would you have us do? Cease to exist?
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 04-06-2004, 05:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I've never really drank

I came from a home were drinking wasn't allowed. Tried a sip of beer and didn't like it. Tried a shot of whiskey, now that was really bad. I've had a little champagne at wedding receptions, not too bad. And that is about it. Never have condemned those who drink in moderation. But, when working as a civilian medic I saw far too much of the down side of over drinking. As a minister have seen the downside of alcoholic addiction.

All things in moderation. Too much food = obesity.
Too much alcohol = addiction.
Too much of anything means an out of
balanced life.

Keith
Old 04-06-2004, 06:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Sticker on Franks helmet. " Rehab is for quitters " Peace
Old 04-06-2004, 06:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If you don't believe this look it up yourself..

Jesus's first public miracle was to turn water into wine for a wedding. If it was good enough for God, it is good enough for me !!

Of course, over doing anything is wrong. Whether it be chocolate, exercise, hard liquor, nasal spray, underarm deodorant, sex, prescription drugs, illegal drugs, etc. etc.

An ice cold beer on a hot day after mowing the yard is just pain GOOD !!!

Larry

P.S. : We are under a relentless barrage of chemicals including chemtrails, aspartame ( and all of the equally unhealthy derivatives..( Splenda etc.) ), flouride, and many more...alcohol is the very LEAST of our worries as regards our health...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.soulfoodministry.org/docs/JOHN2.htm

Ready for a Miracle?
text: John 2:1-11

What is the significance of a first century Jewish wedding, a persistent mother and Christ?s first public miracle? What does this have to do with our lives? It?s very simple. Jesus is about transformation: water into wine; sinners into saints. Are you ready for such a miracle in your life?

We see a picture of spiritual seekers in different phases of growing faith and Christian discipleship. Jesus had just called the first disciples. They have been together for less than a week. They responded to Christ?s gracious invitation to "come and see." They are astonished! Jesus has performed his first public miracle. Transformation! Water has been turned into wine. They believed and put their faith in Christ.

Mary has been with this remarkable Jesus for thirty years. This is not her first miracle! She believed ever since the angel Gabriel came to her as a virgin. The angel blessed her with a special calling to bear a child who would be the Messiah. Mary had pondered long and often at this remarkable birth and child (Luke 2:19). From childhood he had taught her as she changed his dirty diapers and raised him. He had frequently astonished his parents and all who came in contact with him. Mary had been a growing, faithful Christian disciple for several decades while waiting for her son to begin a remarkable work for God.

Perhaps she became impatient! Look Son, she said. Our friends are in need. This is a community celebration. If "refreshments" are inadequate for all the guests, this young couple will be in social disgrace for all their lives. Jesus, this is an emergency! These are our friends. Help them.

Jesus responds with respect and politeness. "Dear woman," he says. He calls her this endearing term years later from the cross. "Dear woman, what business is this of ours?" His Mom responds by calling the servants. "Do whatever he tells you." The servants obey. A miracle! Water is turned into wine! The chief steward knows nothing of the situation. This is the best wine he has tasted in his life! "Mmmm, delicious." The chief steward compliments the young couple with the quality of the wine. The scriptures tell us the astonished disciples "believed in him" and saw Christ?s glory in this wondrous event.

Are you ready for some miracles? Do you yearn for faith, hope and love? Then perhaps Mary?s advice could be part of our new year resolutions. "Do whatever he tells you." Be a Christian disciple. Be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ. Study his words, life and great love commandments through the gospel stories in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Expect the miracle of personal transformation in Christ. Discipleship is joy. Living for Christ is an adventure with God. Miracles beyond our wildest hopes and expectations await us. Nothing is impossible for God.

God bless you.

The author of this material is "Surprised by Joy" (surprisedbyjoy@yahoo.com). "Surprised by Joy" is an ordained UFMCC Christian minister who discovered that God is wonder-full to be with. It is our hope and prayer at soulfoodministry.org that all visitors will experience the tenderloving- kindness of God and receive spiritual food for their journey.
Old 04-07-2004, 05:39 PM

Default Yeah, what Lincoln said....

When Abraham Lincoln received complaints about the hard-drinking, cigar-smoking General Grant, he responded: ?I can?t spare this man: he fights.?

I guess cannon balls were considered the toxic shock syndrome of the day, in the early 1860's

God's already got your date and cause of death pencilled in to his day planner. Try to change that appointment...He will laugh.

Hardball
Old 04-07-2004, 05:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

What Hardball said, plus -

AA