The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2002, 05:03 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Smile God and Country

An old Coast Guard buddy of mine sent me this yesterday. In a couple of instances, it might be a little extreme but overall, I can't argue with the message. Any comments?
===========

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

There are a few things that those who have
recently come to our country, and apparently also some native Americans, need to understand.

First of all, it is not our responsibility to continually
try not to offend you in any way. This idea of America being
a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity.

As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society,
our own language, and our own lifestyle. This culture,
called the "American Way" has been developed over
centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions
of men and women who have sought freedom.

Our forefathers fought, bled, and died at places such as Bunker Hill, San Juan, Iwo Jima, Normandy, Korea, Vietnam...

We speakEnglish , not
Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or
any other language.

Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society --
learn our language!"

"In God We Trust" is our national motto.
This is not some off-the-wall, Christian, Right Wing, political slogan -- it is our national motto. It is engraved in stone in the House of Representatives in our Capitol and it is printed on
our currency. We adopted this motto because Christian men
and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation
and this is clearly documented throughout our history.

If it is appropriate for our motto to be inscribed in the halls
of our highest level of Government, then! it is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools.

God is in our pledge, our National Anthem, nearly every
patriotic song, and in our founding documents. We honor
His birth, death, and resurrection as holidays, and we turn to Him in prayer in times of crisis. If God offends you, then I
suggest you consider another part! of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture and we are proud
to have Him .

We are proud of our heritage and those who have so
honorably defended our freedoms. We celebrate
Independence Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day,
and Flag Day. We have parades, picnics, and
barbecues where we proudly wave our flag.

As an American, I have the right to wave my flag, sing my
national anthem, quote my national motto, and cite my pledge whenever and wherever I choose.

If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like
Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider
a move to another part of this planet.
!
The American culture is our way of life,
our heritage,
and we are proud of it.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire
to change, and we really don't care how you did things
where you came from. Like it or not, this is our country,
our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion about our government, culture, or society, and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life,
I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom:

THE RIGHT TO LEAVE!

Another thing: To those who do complain about the usage of words like 'God' and 'American' and speaking the language of our great nation, TRY GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY AND SPEAK AGAINST WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE. YOU WILL MORE
THAN LIKELY END UP! JAILED OR EVEN KILLED.

In America, you take your right to complain for granted.

The more patriotism that is removed from where our children
are taught, the less our children will learn about what it is
to be an American and our nation's spirit will slowly be killed.

Keep patriotism alive.

! If you agree, pass this onto other Americans!
(I'M SURE YOU DO ! )

It is time to take a stand!
God Bless America and our Military and Veterans!

Regards,

Bill

King John 2.1.466
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2002, 05:14 AM

Tamaroa,

Tell your Friend that if all people's would just read this and think about it for just one minute - I think we could get back to basics.

I've long expressed my feelings about the states and I agree with the those who want to defend it. I also agree that English should be our language.

Flying the Flag is very important it shows respect for the Country that you live in.

The word "God" used in our language is also part of the American people. We've never said when you come to the States that you can't bring your religion with you.

These are American traits and they will remain while I'm alive.

Bill's writting is not the first that has been said. It's only that it needs to said more often and by those who come to this Country.

The Right To Leave statement is great and those who find fault in our system sure don't belong here.

Tell Bill he's not alone in his feelings. I hope his letter circulates all over the US and abroad as well.

Thanks Tamaroa for sharing this reminder.

Fly The Flag

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 10-30-2002, 05:37 AM

First, I agree with the post.
Second: here are some thoughts.
In all these years the "Love it or leave it" issue is still a sore spot.
The 'complainers" are exercising their rights as Americans, or does this only apply to native born citizens?
For us to recognize that this right still exists, we're just going to have to listen to people with other views. I never once heard "them" asking "us" to leave because our views oppose theirs.
I do care about how people did things where they came from. Knowledge and understanding are never bad things.
If the shoe were on the other foot...say God was omitted from everything....and you were ridiculed for expressing your beliefs in God, and your ancestors beliefs, and then told that you coluld leave if you don't like it....how would you feel about American freedoms then?
Old 10-30-2002, 06:43 AM

JANE...I too have never cared about the slogan"Love it or leave it." It flies in the face of every freedom we have. BUT, I have really had my fill of those who sit and bitch and criticize the system while benefiting from the system. For myself, I consider them nothing more than drawing room dilettantes (sp?)..good for nothing..much sound and fury signifying nothing. The just sit on their ass, tearing down everything around them, but do nothing to change the very things they criticize..they are as useless as teats on a boar hog. They do nothing..they don't work for change, they won't leave..all they do is fire hot air out of their food chute. It justs aggravates me that they are breathing my air.

Joe
Old 10-30-2002, 06:48 AM

Joe...There's lots of our own doing that too. Our own won't even exercise their right to vote, but will complain about their representatives. Our own flood the welfare offices instead of working, and it really is easier to get a job if you're a citizen and speak English.
Most times I've had it too, but freedoms have drawbacks as well as benefits. I don't think I want to draw a line on who in this country should be free and who should not. I might be on the wrong side of it someday. So, maybe my opinion is just self serving!
But, we get to state them, don't we?

Love you all, no matter what the differences.
Jane
Old 10-30-2002, 06:59 AM

Differences? We got no steenking deeferences. I'm also fed up with the lazy whiners who do nothing..won't work, won't vote and who wear their patriotism on their sleeve (but that is as far as their patriotism goes). I really am annoyed with the politicians, right-wing pundits and Joe Six-Packs who blather on about how WE are going to kick Iraq's ass..but have never, no never put themselves or their fortunes on the line for their country..they want war but have never, and will never, put their cowardly selves in harms way. Disgusts me no end. Bunch of damn sunshine patriots..quick to question the patriotism of any whom dare question the rightness or logic or priority ofsending our young troops in harm's way. Bunch of damn jerkwads. We used to call 'em chickenhawks. Guess I'm just totally disgusted with what passes for political discourse in this country..does that qualify me as a curmudgen (sp)?
Old 10-30-2002, 07:15 AM

Lightbulb This Reminds Me....

...of a similar thing I saw several years ago. I saved it, so here goes:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

BILL OF NO RIGHTS

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone - not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc., but the world is full of idiots, and it probably always will be.

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a tool in your eye, you must learn to be more careful. Also, do not expect the tool?s manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy. While you have the right to not wear a motorcycle helmet, when you run your head into a tree you are not free to make me pay a portion of your health care. You specifically do not have the right to anything that coercively places an obligation on another person.

ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and we will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.

ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you terrorize, kidnap, rape, or intentionally maim or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big-screen color TV and a life of leisure.

ARTICLE VII: You don't have the right to demand that our children risk their lives in foreign wars to soothe your aching conscience. We hate oppressive governments and won't lift a finger to stop you from going to fight if you'd like to do so. However, we do not enjoy parenting the entire world and do not want to spend a lot of our time battling each and every little tyrant with a military uniform and a funny hat.

ARTICLE VIII: You don't have the right to a job. We want you to have one, and we will gladly help you along in hard times. However, we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.

ARTICLE X: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to pursue happiness - which, by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an overabundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 22tattoo[1].mp3 (822.1 KB, 19 views)
Old 10-30-2002, 07:36 AM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2002, 09:10 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Love it or leave it

Arrow>>>>>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rush hour saigon 1970.jpg (44.3 KB, 56 views)
Old 10-30-2002, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bye, Bye...

...How about...

..."www.getthef*ckout",...

... and all we do is aim your ass in any direction you choose, and we'll give a good swift kick in the ass for starters...

...walking on water lessons no extra charge.............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg beer commercial.jpg (46.6 KB, 56 views)

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk