The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2005, 10:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp A long time from now both versions will be taught equally, political activism will be a scheduled and optional event and the children will be left in peace to follow what ever religious event they wish to commemorate.
That is my hope, too.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2005, 04:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Don't know which translation of the Bible that Gimpy is reading, but all of them that I checked make no mention of dinosaurs whatsoever. As for me, I try to discern what parts of the Bible are literal, what parts are allegorical, and what parts are metaphorical. This is part of the arrangement I have with God; He gave me my brain to use and to discern, as noted my Advisor, and my part is to apply that talent on loan from Him to gain additional wisdom.

I am not a literalist, in that I don't believe the Bible is to be interrpreted literally or nothing at all. Biologically speaking, it would have been impossible to repopulate the earth after the Great Flood as written in the Bible. This repopulation would have violated one of the basic laws of nature that God Himself created, and more specifically, would have violated one of the laws He gave the Jewish people about first cousins marrying. I may be wrong, which is rare, but I seriously doubt that God would create a basic Law of Nature, and then create another situation where His law is willingly violated.

Teaching creationism is a fairly harmless activity, and certainly doesn't warrant all the bombastic attacks, but then considering the source of this latest hatred and screed, nothing surprises me.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 06-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well said Scout! Religion, The Bible, and all the complications that arise have to be looked at from different points of view in order to have any real meaning. Just a suggestion for anyone that wants to get into an argument with themselves about the Bible and the Roman Church that officially legitimized Christianity read and reread these three tomes by Tony Bushby:

The Bible Fraud

The Secret in the Bible

The Crucifixion of Truth

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 06-11-2005, 12:29 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout
I am not a literalist, in that I don't believe the Bible is to be interrpreted literally or nothing at all...

Teaching creationism is a fairly harmless activity, and certainly doesn't warrant all the bombastic attacks, but then considering the source of this latest hatred and screed, nothing surprises me.
Praise be...
Old 06-11-2005, 12:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Only

Quote:
Originally posted by BLUEHAWK

It ain't decent to taunt a person thataway, brother.

Yeah well...........SUE ME !

Tell, please... your personal agenda.

To stay alive long enough to see my childfen & grandchildren have the opportunity to live a happy, properous and spiritual life without the right-wingnuts imposing THEIR beliefs and so-called idealogies down their throats !

What IS it that Gimpy would like to see happen in America, and over the world?

If you ain't figured THAT out by now after all these many months (or is it years now.......time flys when your having FUN, huh??)of reading my posts..............then you REALLY do need a little more "schooling", huh ?

But, John Mellencamp has some ideas I like, maybe you should attempt to follow some of HIS ADVICE.....I sure as hell am !

"The simple minded
And the uninformed
Can be easily led astray
And those that cannot connect the dots
Hey, look the other way
People believe what they want to believe
When it makes no sense at all
Be careful of those who kill in Jesus' name
Because he don't believe in killing at all

Walk tall
Yeah walk on
Through this world
Walk tall

Somewhere out in the distance
Is the death of you and me
Even though we don?t think of it much
It?s still out there for us to see
If you treat life like a bar room fight
You?ll die stinking of gin
No drunkards are allowed in heaven
No sinners will get in

Walk tall
Yeah, walk on
Walk tall
Through this world
Walk tall

So be careful in what you believe in
There?s plenty to get you confused
And in this land called paradise
You must walk in many men?s shoes
Bigotry and hatred are enemies to us all
Grace, mercy and forgiveness
Will help a man walk tall
So walk tall
Yeah, walk on
Walk tall
Through this world
Through this world
Yeah, walk tall
Then walk on"

HOW would Gimpy do, or have done, it better?

Redundancy is a particular annoying trait you seem to be using in ever growing abundance, did you know that? That was no more than embellishment of your second question .

Specifics as to strategy, tactics and logistics, please... all three, or nothing.

Then I guess it's NOTHING!..............You ain't got the time to read it anyway!----Once again, my previous "posts" have pretty much gone on record involving these "items", if you take the time to go back and re-read them. Again, probably too difficult for you to accomplish without additional enhancement of your comprehension skills .

The enemy rejoices when we fight amongst ourselves.

He's "rejoicing" anyway! We've played right into his hands with the "strategy", "tactics" and "logistics" being institued by your GLORIOUS LEADER.....GEE-PHUCKIN-W !

If I may say, Welcome Home .

Same to ya..bro !

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-11-2005, 12:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperScout Don't know which translation of the Bible that Gimpy is reading, but all of them that I checked make no mention of dinosaurs whatsoever.

You made my point for me Super...........go back and RE-read what I said. You're NOT from "West Texas too are ya?? Just kidding.

As for me, I try to discern what parts of the Bible are literal, what parts are allegorical, and what parts are metaphorical. This is part of the arrangement I have with God; He gave me my brain to use and to discern, as noted my Advisor, and my part is to apply that talent on loan from Him to gain additional wisdom.

I am not a literalist, in that I don't believe the Bible is to be interrpreted literally or nothing at all. Biologically speaking, it would have been impossible to repopulate the earth after the Great Flood as written in the Bible. This repopulation would have violated one of the basic laws of nature that God Himself created, and more specifically, would have violated one of the laws He gave the Jewish people about first cousins marrying. I may be wrong, which is rare, but I seriously doubt that God would create a basic Law of Nature, and then create another situation where His law is willingly violated.

Seems you and I are in much of the same mindset (I can't believe I'm saying this!) about this.

Teaching creationism is a fairly harmless activity, and certainly doesn't warrant all the bombastic attacks, but then considering the source of this latest hatred and screed, nothing surprises me

No it's NOT a "harmless activity".............and it DOES warrant any and all the "attacks" we can throw at it when it is used to C-O-N-T-R-A-D-I-C-T scientific F-A-C-T and replace said F-A-C-T-S in our childrens school curriculum.

If you want to call that "hate & screed"".........then maybe you oughta re-read some "passages" in that Bible you got down there in Rio Linda land my friend!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Old 06-11-2005, 01:27 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

What can be said... that might make any difference at all.

Oh... I thought of something:

Americans, in and out of uniform, must permanently defeat the suicidal Islamic religious fundamentalist lunatics who have been and are torturing and murdering their own and our people.

After that, we can have a reasoned discussion of public education, and social security, and some other important stuff.

Thank you Gimpy, for saying "Welcome Home", to me.

Sir Blue
Old 06-11-2005, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It is my experience that the more I learn about the contemporary world and the world as it was as it was during biblical times, the better I?m able to sort out the Bible and figure out what is being taught or discussed. Tough job but I think it can be done over time. Just last week TJ claims to have read the entire new testament in a day and it brought him to some political conclusion.
Ay sus, I don?t think that is possible but perhaps the Liberal mega minds have a special talent or connect, who knows. Long ago Thomas Jefferson reduced the Bible to forty hand written pages of action items but it took him a very long time to do that. Last I knew, that document is still in a museum and perhaps Blue can tell us where and what the status is.
So it would seem that Thomas Jefferson was the dumbbell and now TJ is the Biblical scholar and figured it all out in one day. Perhaps when the ?moral relativity? JATO bottle is strapped to ones butt and lit off, the imposable becomes the possible, at least at the sperm of the moment when the gullible are to be harvested.

Anyway, the conclusion I have drawn is that creationism and evolutionism fit together very nicely and in a sequential order. When man figures out how to create a single cell amoeba from organic materials, I may reconsider my conclusions. Till then I?m hanging tough with what I have learned thus far. And in my business there are the quick and the dead and not a lot of middle ground so I must trust my judgment and am still around. Been to way too many funerals, eh.

Scamp
Old 06-11-2005, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It is my experience that the more I learn about the contemporary world and the world as it was as it was during biblical times, the better I?m able to sort out the Bible and figure out what is being taught or discussed. Tough job but I think it can be done over time. Just last week TJ claims to have read the entire new testament in a day and it brought him to some political conclusion.
Ay sus, I don?t think that is possible but perhaps the Liberal mega minds have a special talent or connect, who knows. Long ago Thomas Jefferson reduced the Bible to forty hand written pages of action items but it took him a very long time to do that. Last I knew, that document is still in a museum and perhaps Blue can tell us where and what the status is.
So it would seem that Thomas Jefferson was the dumbbell and now TJ is the Biblical scholar and figured it all out in one day. Perhaps when the ?moral relativity? JATO bottle is strapped to ones butt and lit off, the imposable becomes the possible, at least at the sperm of the moment when the gullible are to be harvested.

Anyway, the conclusion I have drawn is that creationism and evolutionism fit together very nicely and in a sequential order. When man figures out how to create a single cell amoeba from organic materials, I may reconsider my conclusions. Till then I?m hanging tough with what I have learned thus far. And in my business there are the quick and the dead and not a lot of middle ground so I must trust my judgment and am still around. Been to way too many funerals, eh.

Scamp
Old 06-11-2005, 01:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Scamp

You're repeating yourself again.

PS------Blue.....You're welcome. But..what has your "reply" to do with the original subject matter of said post??

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"