The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Warfare > Warfare

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2019, 11:11 AM

Exclamation Iranian foreign minister threatens ‘all-out war’ if US military strikes Iran

Iranian foreign minister threatens ‘all-out war’ if US military strikes Iran
By: JNS - 9-19-19
RE: https://www.jns.org/iranian-foreign-...-strikes-iran/

“If they lift the sanctions that they reimposed illegally, then that’s a different situation,” said Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. “Then we would consider [talks].”

Photo link: https://cdn.jns.org/uploads/2017/12/...-3-880x495.jpg
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif.

(September 19, 2019 / JNS) Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif is threatening an “all-out war” if America retaliates militarily in response to Iran attacking two Saudi Aramco oil facilities on Sept. 14.

Zarif told CNN that Iran seeks to avoid conflict and would be willing to negotiate with rivals Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, but not with the United States until Washington lifts sanctions that were reimposed after the Trump administration withdrew from the 2015 nuclear deal in May 2018.

“If they lift the sanctions that they reimposed illegally, then that’s a different situation,” said Zarif. “Then we would consider [talks].”

He denied that Iran was behind Saturday’s attack.

In response to Zarif’s comments, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who is returning to the United States from Saudi Arabia, where he met with leaders there in the aftermath of the attack, said, “While the foreign minister of Iran is threatening all-out war and to fight to the last American, we’re here to build out a coalition aimed at achieving peace and a peaceful resolution to this. That’s my mission set, what [U.S.] President [Donald] Trump certainly wants me to work to achieve, and I hope that the Islamic Republic of Iran sees it the same way. There’s no evidence of that from his statement, but I hope that that’s the case.”

Without specifying, Pompeo mentioned that “there will be more sanctions” against Iran.

“We have set about a course of action to deny Iran the capacity and the wealth so that they can conduct their terrorist—to prevent them from conducting their terror campaigns,” he said. “And you can see from the events of last week, there’s still more work to do. We’re going to continue to drive towards that end.”

On Wednesday, Trump announced that he has ordered the U.S. Treasury Department to “substantially increase” sanctions on Iran.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: I'd let Saudi Arabia fight their own fight - it they want to engage. For the US to stand in for them or assist without their approval - it would back fire. Saudi already commented they would take the battle to them - without any US troops getting involved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again the US wants to engage to keep the oil flowing as we did in Iraq and look at the mess we got into back then. These countries have to fight their own battles without us engaging on every front. I don't know how many other's think like me but Iraq was one bloody mess and Iran won't be any different plus I'm sure Russia would take Iran's side if this happened and then all hell will break loose. We don't need that right now!!!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 11:17 AM

Thumbs up Pentagon says US will defer to Saudis on whether to blame Iran for attack

Pentagon says US will defer to Saudis on whether to blame Iran for attack
By: Jamie McIntyre - Washington Examiner - September 19, 2019 01:52 PM
RE: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...ran-for-attack

The United States will allow Saudi Arabia to decide if there is enough evidence to accuse Iran of conducting last week’s drone and missile strike that crippled two Saudi oil production facilities, the Pentagon says.

“We'll wait until the final assessments completed with the Saudis and that they've made the declaration,” Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters Thursday.

“This was an attack on Saudi Arabia. We're supporting their investigation. We have teams on the ground working with them, but we're not going to get ahead of their conclusions.”

The Pentagon caution was in stark contrast to statements Thursday from Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who upon leaving Saudi Arabia continued to unambiguously accuse Iran of launching the attack.

“I think it’s abundantly clear and there is an enormous consensus in the region that we know precisely who conducted these attacks. It was Iran,” Pompeo told reporters traveling with him. “I didn’t hear anybody in the region who doubted that for a single moment.”

Pressed by reporters about Pompeo’s comments, Hoffman said, “We have indications that in some way the Iranians are responsible for this. But we are going to allow the Saudis to make their own conclusion and to present that to the public and the international community."

Saudi Arabia on Wednesday displayed drone and missile parts recovered from the attack sites that it said were Iranian-made, but it stopped short of saying Tehran conducted the strike itself. Instead a Saudi spokesman said the attack on the country's oil facilities was "unquestionably sponsored" by Iran.

Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio said the assertion of responsibility by Yemen’s Houthi rebels is “not a credible claim,” but the reluctance to point the finger of blame directly at Iran could stem from fear of provoking a dangerous escalation.

“I don't think any of these countries doubt who it was, I just think they feel like the minute they say it was Iran, they'd have to do something about it,” Rubio told the Washington Examiner.

The Pentagon said it has no plans to bolster U.S. forces in the region, despite a threat by Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif that Iran would respond with "all-out war" if attacked.

“I'm not going to respond to speculative or bellicose threats,” said Air Force Col. Pat Ryder, a spokesman for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, “other than to say that we certainly believe that we have the forces in the region that we need to protect our forces and to deter potential future threats from Iran.”

“We do not want conflict,” Hoffman said. “As we've always said with regard to Iran, our goal is to deter conflict and to put this back on the diplomatic path.”

Personal note: Someone must have read my note on the earlier thread. They gotta be nuts to start another desert war. We are getting spread so thin now all over the world the last thing we need is another Iraq type of desert fighting around oil wells. They got to handle their own issues - Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote