The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-07-2013, 06:07 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up Will a corporatist policy work on gun control?

Will a corporatist policy work on gun control?

Posted by William A. Jacobson Monday, January 7, 2013 at 1:51pm

In order to pass Obamacare, Obama bought off the drug industry, so much so that a consortium of drug companies ran ads in favor of the de facto nationalization of health care sector of the economy.

The same approach may be used in connection with gun control:

The White House is weighing a far broader and more comprehensive approach to curbing the nation’s gun violence than simply reinstating an expired ban on assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition, according to multiple people involved in the administration’s discussions….

To sell such changes, the White House is developing strategies to work around the National Rifle Association that one source said could include rallying support from Wal-Mart and other gun retailers for measures that would benefit their businesses….

For instance, this person suggested, Wal-Mart and other major gun retailers may have an incentive to support closing a loophole that allows people to bypass background checks if they purchase firearms at gun shows or through other types of private sales. That could result in more people buying guns in retail stores….
In that regard, reader Dave emails:

I just sent a mail to Wal Mart corporate (from their web site) letting them know I would support them in opposing efforts by the President to restrict our 2nd amendment rights. I noted that I have always supported them in the public arena when Union organized opposition to their new stores came up and my family does a lot of business with them. I consider them an American success story and example of the benefits of free enterprise. Although not a current gun owner I am an NRA member and would look elsewhere to send my business if Wal-Mart supported the President’s gun control efforts.

I would appreciate it if you would encourage your readers to do the same. Better to be supportive and pro-active than reactive.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/01...n-gun-control/