The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2006, 12:15 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 3 firefighter die in Palm beach fire

Fighting forest/wildland fires is a waste of time and money. Theres a reason there are no 1,000 year old trees in the areas of California that burns every year, It's call nature. Your not going to win against mother nature. Thats the fault of COMMAND, In a fire this size the homes should be protected as the manpower is available, and thats it. Theres no reason these 3 had to die. As an engine company officer, I guarantee that they would be alive today if I was on that engine. Nothing brave, just retreat when retreat is warranted. If an officer can't tell that the fire is heading in there direction, just what is this person doing in charge of an engine and it's crew. One time , in my career has someone other than me been injured on a fire scene, I felt very, very bad about that time.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

My dad always told me if you live in the woods\brush to always BULLDOZE a fire break wide enough that the tallest near tree couldn't fall on your roof. and keep shrubs and undergrowth away from your homes foundation.seems after 100 or so years these folks out in California and other places like it would get the hint that mother nature likes to set fires to clean up the environment.
A house/structure can be replaced but a person is not. It was definitely senseless for those three firemen to die, God bless them and their families
Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

News later in the day indicated that an arsonist started the fire, and now the charges will be upgraded to murder. With a $100g reward out there, somebody just might rat this POS out.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 04:14 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Its going to be 5 dead
The 4th died on Thursday and the 5th has 2nd and 3rd degree burns on 95% of his body, Folk's, hes dead, his brain just wont let go.
The last big wild-land fire California had they fought it for weeks and spent 40 million or so of your tax dollars went out when it rained, that 40 Million did nothing.
Most areas of California its the law to have a fire break and keep brush back, That, by the way, does little, Most of the fires start by low humidity and FLYING embers.
The fact that the areas fight the fires also contribute to the fire, If you don't let it burn for 5 -10 years you have a big FUEL build up and when a small fire starts it has a lot to burn.

When I walk in the woods hear, I see 20 to 30 years worth of dead vegetation, the difference is the humidity, wet wood don't burn well.

Ron
Old 10-27-2006, 07:24 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Sorry to hear the 5th firefighter is burnt that bad. The only good thing about them burns is that physically all the nerve endings are fried. the bad thing is his brain is in shock from the loss of sensation.Your right Ron the guy is dead his body just hasn't shut down yet.

The Arsonist should be glad we don't practice biblical law now days .If we did a flame thrower with Napalm would be a good weapon for an Arsonists Firing Squad.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:51 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

The reward is at 1/2 million now.
Thats just for satisfaction, not going to bring anyone back. Im sure who ever set the fire didn't intend to kill anyone, but then?

Ron
Old 10-29-2006, 08:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

Forest fires are caused by both nature and man. Nature heal herself most of the time. Nature has a way of selection where man can't. Where do you draw the line for "a waste of time and money"?

Unfortunately $500,000 is a far cry from the value of a life. An arsonist has no care for life or property and watching the $$ offer rise just makes his job that much more fun. The unfortunate part about firefighters; very possibly, there was an inexperienced person in command due to the lack of manpower. As a past volunteer firefighter of 21 years, you sometimes roll with what you have and call for help as soon as possible. The other may be that the firefighters got in a jam, ie., not being able to escape. The third may be just inexperience of the firefighters themselves. From this area, we are more in tune to 100 acre grass fires than forest fires, yet we have sent some of our own to assist with the wildfires in Ca.

It's a tragic loss for the firefighting brotherhood.

The flipside to the arsonist though; Hopefully he brags to the wrong person and get caught.

Arson is easy to prove but catching one is extremely difficult.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

A tragic loss for sure, now the arsonist faces murder charges. Hope they find him, and burn him alive.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Steve
I draw the line at fighting a natural thing, Fire, Hurricane, Tornado, earthquake , etc. Like I said I would protect the homes as manpower provide and let mother nature put the fire out. Just as the last California fire that cost 25-30 million and in the end it rained and the fire went out. Waste of time and money. And by putting the fires out, the action contributes to the bigger fire 2 to 3 years down the road, because of the fuel load.
Fires in California wild lands are not going to stop, they have been burning for thousands if not millions of years, and there going to keep on doing that even if people build a house next to or in the wild lands. Just as in Florida , your not going to stop a hurricane because someone decides to build a house in the Keys, or Kansas, your going to be in a tornado, sorry.
People in California feel differently about fighting the fires than I do, But they are just wasting there time and the taxpayers money.

Ron
Old 11-01-2006, 01:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to QM3steve
Distinctions
Contributor 

A suspect has been arrested in connection with the fires. This suspect may be connected to several other arson fires in the same area. If charges are filed, he faces five murder charges.