The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2007, 12:41 PM

Put many a beer away with some Aussie's in Hong Kong - during liberty (64,65 or 66?)- it was a tough night can't recall anything but all us lining up our rick-shaw drivers and racing them all over town.

Do you guys still wear civvies on board ship? Do you still get a rum ration? How long is your first tour of service. Last I heard it was 10 or 12 years.

Welcome aboard.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Glad you found us Grasshopper. Unfortunately, I'm the only normal person here because I wear a tinfoil hat to keep the aliens from reading my thoughts and I'm medicated. Everybody else is just medicated. These folks are darn good people though in spite of their handicap!

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
Old 01-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Grasshopper

Had the privilege of working with the Aussie Cavalry Squadron in Vietnam back in 1967. They were still wearing the 'roo leather boots, resulting in bad cases of immersion foot. I dispatched my platoon sergeant back to our base camp to round up as many pair of US jungle boots as he could "laterally transfer", and to bring them back to our mutual base camp.

The sheer and utter gratitude of the Aussies was manifested in copious amounts of offers of their best beer, and it wasn't "Foster's Lager."

Welcome to PF! We're a strange bunch of folks, with some being much stranger than others.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 01-27-2007, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Grasshopper,

Scout brought up a good question: What is the best beer in Australia? Dal, another Aussie, said that if Foster's was any good, it wouldn't be exported; so what brand names of the frothy stuff do you have down there?