The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > New Members

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2008, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete v View Post
Deadly Daring,

There was an Australian unit at Phan Rang airbase while I was there in '67-'68. Met a lot of great guys. Some of them flew a few missions. I first drank a Fosters at their NCO club. On of the guys gave me an Australian bush hat when I left. Unfortunatly, during my travels and relocations I have lost the hat along with a lot of other items from that time. Oh well.

One day I hope to visit your great country again. I did go there on R&R. A place worth revisiting.

Pete
Pete go to general posts for some more info for you on Phan Rang
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Welcome Aboard

Hey Pete - welcome aboard and no you're not old. If you need help finding something about your old unit just post a notice help needed - you'd be surprised how much these guys know and where to look. Once again welcome aboard and thank you for your service to our country.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 AM

I did find most of what I was looking for. I was in the 19th ACS at TSN and 310th ACS (later SOS) at Phan Rang. I guess the unit started out as the 310th Airlift Squadron in WWII. The unit has a pretty good history.

I needed some information to support a claim with the VA.

We were a "trash hauler" unit but I think some of the guys at Khe San and some of the smaller airfields were kinda glad to see us when they were running low on supplies during the Tet offenseive.

I was not on the ground, as most of you guys were, and I have the greatest respect and admiration for what you did. I am glad that I could be a delivery boy for you.

pete
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome aboard !!

Larry
Old 01-25-2008, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Welcome home brother Pete, you is amongst friends here. Glad yahl found us. Checked yer profile an see you're just up the road in Virginy so's iffen you gets a chance drive south in the early spring to a Psyco homestead outside Ellijay, Georgia and you'll get over that "trash hauler" thingy in a hurry. Them guys and gals at that Psyco Mountain place 'll teach you that iffen it weren't for them there delivery folks a good deal of 'em wouldn't have been up thar laughing at, and with that Booger guy.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:35 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Finally, another member of the Mighty US Air Force! Welcome aboard!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 AM

Used to go to the "Cross" when I was young, only for a look around. The going rate for some "female company", so I was told was $5 Australian. The advent of R & R caused the greatest inflation in Australian history. $5 increased to $50. The average age of the females went from 25 to 55. Those were the days.
Tamariki