The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2004, 09:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default VA Lawsuit

"Honor and Integrity back to the Whitehouse". ................this is the kind of "Honor" and "Integrity" Bush has brought to Veterans my friends! He authorized the policy change at the VA that has brought the lawsuit mentioned below!

Below is information about the Law Suit filed against the VA for not fulfilling their duty to inform veterans about their VA Health Care Benefits.

Please read, copy it if you want and pass it on, and please contact Mr. Adam Gusman who is helping with the suit, and needs veterans as a witness of harm done by the VA not performing proper outreach. The Vietnam Veterans of America and Rep. Strickland are the ones at the front; help them if you are able.

I am providing this information to ask for your help in identifying veterans who can speak personally to the impact of the Department of Veterans Affairs' moratorium on health care outreach.

My firm, the Institute for Public Representation located at Georgetown University Law Center, represents the Vietnam Veterans of America and Congressman Ted Strickland (D-Ohio) in litigation against the VA in federal district court in Washington, DC. Our legal complaint was filed on January 22, 2004.

The goal of the lawsuit is simply to make the VA resume outreach to veterans about its health care services. This outreach was discontinued in July 2002 by VA Secretary Anthony Principi with the approval of President George Bush citing budgetary restrictions and the inability of the VA health care system to accommodate new enrollees.

This VA policy was announced in a memorandum issued by the VA Under Secretary for Health. It is our position in the litigation that it was not within the VA Secretary's discretion to discontinue outreach services, which are mandated by Congressional statute.

I am interested to speak with any veterans regarding how they have been harmed by a lack of outreach about health benefits.

Specifically, we are looking for veterans who have not been adequately informed by the VA. Perhaps this lack of knowledge has impacted them in a significant way -----------

such as Vietnam Vets not knowing they should get screened for prostate cancer, or Gulf War vets not knowing they could receive health care for Gulf War Syndrome-related symptoms.

Please have any veterans contact me directly by e-mail or by phone (nights and weekends are fine) if they are willing to speak with me. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Sincerely,

Adam Gusman (202) 441-4918

Institute for Public Representation Georgetown University Law Center

P.S. If you would like more information about my organization, please visit http://www.law.georgetown.edu/clinics/ipr.
###### End ####

Please, please contact this individual to try and stop this miscarriage of justice.

Thanks.................Gimp

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links