The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2004, 09:49 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default 5 Hunters killed in WI

Very sad story...

Sheriff's deputies were investigating the killings of five hunters Sunday in northwestern Wisconsin, apparently sparked by a hunting dispute that turned violent.

Three others were wounded, said Julie Veness, an emergency medical technician in Exeland, Wisconsin.

Saturday was the opening of the nine-day deer season, and the shooting appeared to stem from a dispute over land in the heavily wooded area, Veness said.

"Apparently, the person was asked to leave and get out of his deer stand, and he didn't take it very well and he fired away at them," she said.

A state police official said a man wanted in connection with the shootings has been arrested, but no details were immediately available. The Sawyer County Sheriff's Department, which is investigating the killings, had no comment.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2004, 05:54 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default The story

The problem comes when reporters start telling the story. No one knows what happened at the shooting sight. The guys that were shot may have pointed there guns at the guy in the tree stand.
The media is telling the story like the guy just opened fire on these hunters. Knowing the media, I would guess something very different happened.
Hunters are not going to just open up on each other in the woods, just don't happen.
Heres a senarrio that might have happened.
The guy in the tree stand thinks hes where he should be hunting, A 5 man hunting party shows up and thinks he is on there land. A confrontation erups. Get down out of that tree and get the hell out of hear, F-You, And then most likely someone on the ground pointed a gun at the guy in the tree, The guy in the tree did more than point back. A missunderstanding with guns in hand is never good.

But thats just my opinion.

Ron
Old 11-22-2004, 07:20 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Got $5 says Ron is right.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Both County and State investigators are probably all over this one and they will figure out what happened. If I were to guess at something, it would be that some early morning schnapps or Irish are in the mix as well. The whole thing seems to be way too irrational, so something was up. The shooting suspect was very frightened or very deranged or a mix of the two, who knows. The only absolutes at present are that the anti-gun, anti-hunt lobby/politicos just got a leg up and there going to be some very, very sad funerals. Ya, Ron is probably right.

Scamp
Old 11-22-2004, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post One thing is for certain

He was an excellant shot!

Eight to one and he comes away with no injuries. You'd think he had an automatic weapon. He had to reload once. And, if he was in a tree stand he must have been exposed.

Keith
Old 11-22-2004, 10:59 AM

he had an SKS, illegal for hunting both here in MN and WI. The whole thing happened not all that far from me. About 100 - 150 miles NE of here. Its been on the radio all morning long. There are lots of rumors going around. But I'll wait till things are more clearly defined.
Old 11-22-2004, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fellas...

Even though absolutely absurd that 5 deaths and 3 wounded should occur ANYWHERE over a lousy tree stand, I pretty-much go along with you people here,...much more so than The Press/Media which have already psycho-analyzed The Mong Hunter and the entire Mong People for that matter,...to death.
Guess The Press, Pundits, Lawyers, Doctors and/or Experts know more about the incident than The Police (still piecing events and things together) do?

Plus, and before lynching ANYONE (as media already doing), I would like knowing little odds and ends,...like WHOM fired the first shots, and WHOM were actually hunting WHOM??

WHOM was either a SHARPSHOOTER or EXPERT Marksman and much better at survival in The Field is a given,...since my understanding of things is that ALL were well and/or High-Powered armed.

Neil :cd:
Old 11-22-2004, 11:22 AM

Press conference on the radio right now by the co. sherriff. The guy did have an SKS w/20 rd mag. It sounds like he was the only one firing.
Old 11-22-2004, 04:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Hmm here in Georgia anything larger then a 5 rd clip/magazine would be illegal for hunting deer,but the SKS would have been legal for hunting deer. But as the old adage goes when booze and bullets are mixed together better to leave and call the cops then to stand and shoot if someone tells you that you are hunting in their stand (unless of course you really do own the stand and have taken the necessary steps of engraving your name and phone # on the tree stand and have the written permission of the land owner to hunt there then you show the people they are confused and hopefully they go find their tree stand. But if you are hunting on someone else's land, in someone else's tree stand better to leave peacefully insted several families will not be able to celebrate Thanksgiving Day because of some stupid people
Old 11-22-2004, 04:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Stupity knows no bounds!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown