The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2009, 12:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to siabaa
Default New Hawaii Taxes and Tea Parties

I recently was made aware of the tea parties taking place across the US. (Got back from Iraq 2 weeks ago)

In rapid order I began to pay attention; research what's going on.

In Hawaii, where I'm stationed, there were a couple of tea parties. One being in Honolulu. There I was suprised and a little irratated to hear the raising of local taxes.

Is it true that Hawaii is raising the gas tax from 17 cents to 27 cents a gallion?

Is it true that Hawaii is raising the state sales tax?

Is it true that Hawaii is adding a new rent-a-car tax charging you for, not only how much gas you use, but how far you drive?

Is it true that Hawaii is implimenting a transit tax? One that effects the tourest for even visiting the state?

I wonder why they would do a transit and rent-a-car tax when the economy in Hawaii has the back bone of tourism. Are we attempting to drive more tourist away?

Is it true that these taxes are to pay for road upkeep/improvement and the new public transportation system?

If all the above is true. Is that really a complant to bring up at a tea party designed to thumb it's nose at the federal government overstepping it's bounds?

Does the 10th admendment not state something to the effect of....

ALL POWERS NOT DELEGATED TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BY THIS DOCUMENT ARE HERE BY RESERVED FOR THE STATES OR THE PEOPLE. *paraphrased of course*

*still not sure of what reaction to me will be. Please don't insult me or attack my person... just correct me where I am erroneous*

Mahalo!