0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 09:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Military Gay Marriage?

My never-ending curious brain just thought of something...

What will happen to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" if/when gay and lesbian marriage IS legalized!!!!!

The Defense Department and VA are gonna have to then come up garrison housing, survivor benefits, adoption dependents procedures, child support enforcement etc etc etc... oh my God, imagine a couple wanting to get married under the swords at Annapolis!

Ya know what, except for the very few words Jesus himself is said to have said that are in the Bible, I honestly don't pay all that much attention to anything else in there other than the Ten Commandments and Psalms.

I really fail to understand exactly why marriage MUST be limited to a man and a woman. It ain't my personal cuppa tea, but if people love one another, what in the world could possibly be the harm? Heaven knows our divorce rate, the number of kids born out of wedlock, the vast numbers of kids desperate for adoption, sexual harrassment and rape and pregnancy while on duty... its gonna be an entire total disturbance all in all, right?

Gay and lesbian folks have served honorably and even commanded military groups from the dawn of warfare... Alexander's name comes to mind.

I gotta add though, why anyone would WANT to make their personal genital activity a public political issue is just inconceivable. Now we've got a Gay and Lesbian etc high school going up in New York, but no all negro or all mexican ones etc. are permitted and our taxes must not support any of the decent religious schools either. Some Catholic and Episcopal priests have been after our boy school-children for the past 60 years (AT LEAST!), and nothing much is said about those wily nuns who did the same with our girls...

Man oh man, we really ARE in deep doo doo now...this is gettin' real crazy here lately.

Yesterday our Prez said in his news conference that he's got the lawyers working on it, and the Evangelical partisans are talking about a freakin' Constitutional Amendment for heaven sake!

Just what we all needed most right about now...

Couldn't all this just wait a few years until we get our a-- out of the middle east and Korea? Please?
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread