The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2002, 06:51 AM

Angry The Pledge of Alligence unconstitutional ??

What the he!! ar ethose ignorant judges smoking in the 9th federal court ???
Their "ruling" (if that's what anyone can call it !) that the Pledge of Alligence to our flag is UNCONSTITUTIONAL ?!?!?!?!?!
They "based" their rulling on the "fact" that the pledge contains the word "GOD and therefore is a government sponsorship of religion. The constitution, as written by our forefathers, provides for freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.
The case which brought this ruling was brought by an atheist in California (surprise !!!), who complained that his right to deny the existence of any higher power than himself was being denied when school teachers lead their classes in the reciting of the Pledge of Alligence. The lower federal court threw the case out, but the case was appealed to the 9th Circuit Fderal Court (based in California !!!!), which made the ruling that the inclusion of the word GOD in the pledge made the pledge unconstitutional.
Based on that ruling, the US motto, "In God we Trust" is also being considered as unconstitutional, because it might offend muslims, hindus, atheists, druids, witches, satanics, etc. I think it's high time th efederal government submit a definitive admendment to the constitution, stating that catagorally (sp) that the US of A is a nation under God. Not a nation without God, not a nation under Allah, Mohamed, or any other man or so-called deity, but under the one and only Almighty God; the founder of the universe ! If any person has any complaints about that, then I'll gladly buy them a one-way ticket the the country of their choice, with the provision that they NEVER be allowed to set foot on US soil again !
I would also like to start a petition calling for the immediate impeachment and removal of the federal judges who made this rediculous ruling, on the grounds of mental incompetence and gross neglection of duties. These are the grounds called out for such impeachment, besides being found guilty of an illegal act.
The president and the US Attorney General / Solicitor General need to file an immediate appeal to the US Supreme court, calling for a ruling which will overturn the 9th Federal Court and that the US Supreme Court issue a statement overtly condeming the justices sitting on the 9th Federal Court for even considering the case in the first place. It is obvious that the 9th Federal Court is suffering from severe senillity, which is manifested in their collective stupidity !
If this issue can't get everyone fired up enough to write their congreessman / congresswoman and the President, then I don't know what would. As far as I'm concerned, if this ruling is allowed to stand, the I believe the US is doomed as a nation. The courts have made every effort to remove any and all references to God and morality from our schools, businesses, courts and now they're going after the very government itself. It's time to remind the courts that the constitution provides that they enforce the laws of the land, not the laws.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:48 AM

What can I say? A lot to the court, to the governor about this. The ass wipe was on one of the morning shows today. Talking about how his life has been ruin.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default No Amendment Necessary

My dear Sgt Tropo - rather than attempt to go through the agony of a constitutional amendment, what we simply need is a change in majority in the US Senate, and the removal of such obstructionist as Sen. Patrick Leahy. As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, he personally has bottled up the approval process for placing conservative, or at least reasonable minds on the appeallate judiciary level, and the problem will be solved. The ruling by this liberal court, which will be overturned forthwith by the US Supremes, is all the more reason to dislike liberals, proven once again to be the scourge of liberty, freedoms, and decency.
I suggest we bombard Leahy's office with emails etc. to vice our displeasure, the source of which can be laid at his sorry feet.
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 09:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to boardwax Send a message via AIM to boardwax Send a message via Yahoo to boardwax
Default Overturn...

...now when this is overturned, does that mean just the ruling, the building it was made in, or the two judges that made the decision?
Old 06-27-2002, 11:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!

Though, and unfortunately Me Buckos and/or Buckorettes, such asinine adjudications might also be arrived at on life and death matters, by such stupidly-liberal type judges. It's a shame, and most certainly not very reassuring regarding America's longevity.

Regardless, and for-the-life-of-me, I'll never understand why the concern about offending ANY MINORITY is of infinitely more importance to Our Government and The Courts, than OFFENDING THE VAST MAJORITY in the process...will ever be. Seems pretty-stupid and nationally-suicidal to me. Also, seems like minority rule to me.

But then, I don't have to kiss anyones (or cliques) butt to get ahead like politicos normally do. So, what-the-hell do I know?

Neil
Old 06-27-2002, 11:56 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

This makes me angrier than I can express coherently!
First what happened to *my* First Amendment right to say GOD if I want to.
Second..how does saying under God refer to any religion ..God is too nebulous (ie define for me God) and how does that word somehow now make it so we do not have seperation of church and state.
It doesnt say under Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Druidism, nor anything else.
Personally to me saying under "god" just meant that we as a nation were under the cosmos/creator ...something bigger than congress or the president.
Third..why are we spending money and wasting time on *this* arent there much much more important issues to rule on? Wait..maybe we dont want that from these guys either.

If my son wants to pledge the allegiance in his classroom..now he cannot. Nor can his teacher.
In fact not even with removal of that one WORD. Its just a word guys....
(This is according to the NY times...the pledge is no longer allowed period.)

However..I will be the first one at school on opening day to recite the pledge for my sons class and if they have a problem with my saying under GOD I guess I will just say under the 9th circuit court!
Arrest me.
Old 06-27-2002, 12:21 PM

Default Hoyin

The 1st amendment says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, OR" and this is a biggie "prohibiting the free exercise thereof:"

You would be well within your rights to recite till your hearts content and your sons school. The government cannot endorse nor prohibit anything to do with religion. They must remain neutral no matter what some crackpot judges say.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:00 PM

Default Pledge Allegiance

I cannot believe that at this time in our nations history that "Judge" Goodwin could come up with an opinion such as this. If not for anything we the responsible adults, intelligentsia, civic servants, etc should be trying to impart to our children the notion of patriotism, civic responsibility, loyalty and honor to ones country. This thing with Usama Bin Laden and the other terrorists is far from over. Judge Goodwin should have been standing where I was on the afternoon of Sept. 11th, 2001 at ground zero 1245pm on the corner of Liberty and Trinity lower Manhattan - at what use to be the south tower. I cannot believe that he has made this inane ruling. This isn't about the separation of church and state. It is the belief; the proposition that this great country of ours as whole is responsible to a higher order as a complete people. Whether we worship Jesus Christ, Budda, Allah etc. It is the recognition by the founding fathers that we as a people are responsible to each other before God or a higher being for all that we are and all that we do. There has not been a generation since those of WWII and possibly Korea that have known deep adversity i.e. Oct 1929, the depression etc. This country all though still great; needs to instill in our children love of country and love of neighbor. The belief in ourselves, all the traditions and symbols that represent us as a whole. No Judge Goodwin someone must of put you in the closet on the morning of Sept. 11th, 2001. It is not even a matter of super patriotism, but having our children understand the strength that comes from love of country and all it entails. I am a 20year + veteran of the US Coast Guard and currently a police detective in New Jersey. My family all third generation police officers and firefighters in the City of New York. None of us who lost family which I did and friends (25 firefighters and 2 police officers) known directly to myself and my father ( retired Battilion Chief NYFD, WWII and Korean War Veteran) have no misunderstanding a) what our flag stands for (b) why we say the Pledge of Allegiance (c) Sing the national anthem before all sporting events. Patriotism isn't a fade of to be worn on the sleeve, but a condition of the heart and mind. God Bless America.
Old 06-27-2002, 10:27 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

And God Bless you Tanks 46 for your service to this country. Please accept from our hearts an expression of sadness for the loss of so many of your friends and loved ones. Welcome to the board I'm glad you found your way to us. Although you carry the weight of your losses everyday I want you to know there are many of us out here that are determined to remember them. God Bless US and Help US...Little Sparrow..

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 06-27-2002, 11:44 PM

Default Hmmm?

So I guess the judges who decided the unconstitutionality can't get paid 'til we take "In God We Trust" off the currency.
I don't consider myself a follower of any religion that thinks you need a special place and ritual to appreciate the wonders that have been created - and I have to believe that there is a he/she/it who started this Universe somehow. God, in whatever language you speak, is fine with me. And however many forms for that matter. A few of the founding-fathers (including President Jefferson) considered themselves Theists - believing in God as the Creator and not granting special status to any religious group. The only problem I have is with people telling me who or what to call or believe about he/she/it.
Don't tell the Ayatolleh, the Pope, or Jerry Falwell that I said this - they're already ticked at me.