The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2004, 01:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1
Post Comments from The Early Show about Gay Marriage ETC...

I thought you might want to know this!!!

Thursday,February12, 2004

Greetings:fficeffice" />>>

>>

We had a wild debate this morning on the notion of target=_blank>gay marriage. Polls show a significant majority of Americans are against it and President Bush is apparently ready to back atarget=_blank>constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. He also, though, thinks states should have the right to sanction (on civil unions). We had a lively discussion on the air this morning with the Rev. Jerry Falwell and Cheryl Jacques of the Human Rights Campaign. What's interesting to me (I'd love your feedback) is: Isn't this a matter of semantics? If a civil union guarantees you the same rights as marriage, isn't that the same as marriage? Let me know what you think.>>

>>

target=_blank>Two great former "Survivors," Jonny "Fairplay" lace>Daltonlace> from lace>Pearl Islandslace> and Gervase Peterson from the original "Survivor," were on to talk about the target=_blank>"All-Star" show, which has been wildly successful. They were outspoken and hilarious. We, of course, will have the latest castoff tomorrow. >>

>>

target=_blank>Bobby Flay made sinfully delicious target=_blank>chocolate crepes on the show, and in an extreme act of self-discipline, I had just one bite.>>

>>

Valentine's Day is Saturday and all of the target=_blank>Valentine's segments we've done this week emphasize that a gift or a card is very important. I'm a little panicked because I haven't shopped yet. Don't tell Andrea. >>

>>

And let me toot our own horn for just a moment. Last week, we had more viewers than at any time since our group went on the air. We are grateful for your support and wouldn't be growing without you.>>

>>

We hope to see you tomorrow morning. In addition to the latest "All-Star" castoff, we'll have important advice to keep you from getting ripped off when you buy a new car. And actress Drew Barrymore will join us.

If you are in New York City, join Dave Price at 8 and 8:30 a.m.. Not only will you have lots of fun, but you'llget a"Survivor" buff. We are giving them away every Friday. >>

>>

Take care,

>>

Harry Smith

target=_blank>EarlyShow@cbs.com

Regards,

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links