The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2004, 02:55 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Gay Marriage

Gay Marriage in Massachusetts (AKA the State of Confusion).

As many of you know our state supreme court determined that gays can marry. The legislature is now having a constitutional convention to decide what should be done. (The rumor that one of those judges is having a homosexual relationship with a goat is just speculation. Both have denied the rumor.)

As most of us know a member of the Federal House of Representative must fulfill several requirements. The person must be a US citizen, at least 25 and no older than 125. He must own at least two dark suits and it?s a good idea not to have been convicted of a felony within the last several months. It?s also necessary to sell body and soul to people or groups that will get you elected.

State legislatures are an even lower life form and generally not quite as bright. Point of fact: Some legislatures here are pro gay marriage, some are totally against, the majority want a compromise. Thus, a proposed amendment to the State Constitution was put forward yesterday. It said, ??marriage is a union between one man and one woman. Civil Unions will not be required or prohibited?. As far as the Civil Union part there are no other stipulations.

One of the brighter members of the House said, ?Hey, so I can have a Civil Union with my sister!? Someone else pointed out priests can now have Civil Unions with alter boys and avoid all that nasty publicity.

In 1862 a minister opened a session of the federal congress saying, ?Oh Lord please give them brains?. Wish we have a clergyman with the stones to say that today.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2004, 03:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Andy -

Nice one :-)
Old 02-12-2004, 05:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Oh Lord Give Them Brains!

Oh Lord Give Them Brains. Wonderful prayer to start any session of a legistature or congress. Ask me to pray and I'll start my prayer out with "Oh Lord Give Them Brains."

Keith
Old 02-12-2004, 05:36 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy...

Loved that: "...please give them brains" bit.

Still, I would add: "Also,...please give them dictionaries".

marriage n 1.a. The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife.

Regardless, and as hard as I might look in The Dictionary, nowhere could I find any reference to: "Jane has two Mommies" or; "Johnny has two Daddies".

But then, and in fairness to all your patronising of even the most absurd for a vote,...my dictionary is about 10 years old. Perhaps the new and/or politically-corrected 2004 Dictionary might have a different definition? Seems logical. Doesn't it?

Neil
Old 02-12-2004, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Give them brains.....i think there body's would reject them.

Also need to say a prayer to give most of the lot a soul.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to travisab1

Andy;
I say that it should be mandatory that anyone who votes for GAY marriages should have to give someone of his/her same sex a 10 minute French Kiss in a public square with all network camaras recording the event.

Has anybody here ever bought drinks for some sweet thang in a bar overseas or here in the states to find out later it was a BENNY-BOY???

Sickning ain't it. Found one of those *ags in Olongapool (sp) one time.

Travis

I could sure use another one right about now...
Old 02-13-2004, 04:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy

What you described as happening your in home boy land is nothing more than a game of "Geographical Stupidity Roulette." It seems mostly to affect coastal states. And it started in New Jersey, when state and federal election laws were scorned and defied, resulting in the election of a slightly resurrected zombie. Then it oozed its way southward, polluting Florida with the dreaded "hangly-dangly chaditis" aftermath. Next, we zoom across the country, only to land in Kauliphonia, where a politician with no legs was being propped up by visiting aliens from New York. Hopefully, the "fly-over" country will be immune to such diseases!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-13-2004, 06:12 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default ANDY

Yesterday, SanFranCisco married a bunch of same sex couples.

If your going to be in favor of equal rights for everyone, I can't see how you can stop any two people from getting married. Don't get me wrong, I think they should be shot, But that don't mean I can't see that they are not being treated equal.
Why are the courts involved in marrage anyway, Marrage is a religous thing, isn't it?
There are to many examples that through out just man and women marrages, What about a person who is born with both sex organs, What about a guy that had a sex change operation, or a girl that became a guy, If you allow women that were men on there birth certificate to marry a man, and so on.
Again, Again, Im not for same sex marrages, I still think shoot them, But if you want to be fair and equal. You have to allow it.
ewwwwww, ewwwww.

Ron
Old 02-13-2004, 08:07 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Yesterday, Right here in little 'ole' Ellensburg.

Yesterday,

They had a two gay marriage cermonies at the University.

Even in rural America, if you bring in Liberal Academics they will try to get America to accept a liberal value system.

Keith
Old 02-13-2004, 09:01 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default weird

On some issues I can be quite liberal. With regard to gays, except for public displays of affection, I have few problems. If a couple has been together for years and one is taken to the emergency room of a hospital, the rules are visits by family members only, don?t seem right. Two gays in a relationship should be able to get health insurance on the family plan. With the terrible shape our Department of Social Services is in I could even close one eye, step back a way to avoid the smell and be ok with adoption by a gay couple. But marriage, as others have said, is one man, one woman, not closely related to each other. I see no problem with a Civil Union of two people. Incest, polygamy and age restrictions must still apply. But marriage is for a man and woman, ONLY.

Our Supreme Court made this gay marriage ruling last November. The best our state legislative could come up with in three months is: ?Civil Unions will not be required or prohibited?. That is very weak. Also consider 50 of the 159 legislatures are lawyers, you?d think a little clearer language might have been proposed.

Keith, no doubt you could give a great opening prayer however, residents of the state give the opening prayer. Besides, sounds like you have some issues where you live. Marriages in Washington state and California are not recognized by the state, right?

Ron, I don?t want to shoot them, must be the liberal in me. Marriage has not been just a religious thing, not since a justice of the peace or captain of a ship has been able to perform the task. People born with both sex organs have to pick one, just one and say they are that sex. Transvestites can marry someone who is the opposite sex that they are currently. As far as civil rights, we already have laws saying a person can not be discriminated against due to sexual orientation. In some smaller companies there is actual sexual discrimination against people who are not straight but that?s another story.

Actually, one thing that really concerns me is people moving from all of your state to here so they can be married and enjoy all the privileges of marriage. We are weird enough now.

Stay healthy,
Andy