The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2004, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Congrats Andy and Revdoc !!

Saw where the Pats just won their 18th straight game and Boston is in the playoffs. Yankees Suck ! Did I tell you I was an Opa ?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2004, 01:09 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Yep! Eighteen straight for the Pats! It's been over a year since they lost a game and they get to host the winless Dolphins next Sunday. I'll be there blasting away when the Pats score. I may have to buy some more powder after that one.

Wouldn't a Braves - Red Sox World Series be great?! It'd be like re-enacting Sherman's march all over again!
Old 10-04-2004, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Having children born down here I would hope for Fredericksburg more than Shermans end around in the series doc :re:
Old 10-04-2004, 02:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Looks at LT yankees suck??? hmmmmm well good thing i am not all that about the yankees.. and its a good thing the Cards already have the division rapped up.. Cause here we come to kick some butts
love ya
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina

P.S. I won't tell dad that the yankees suck =\

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 10-04-2004, 11:46 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default LT

Sir, please be advised that football never starts until the Red Sox season is over. Thanks for the nice thought.

Tina, Lt.'s "Yankees Suck" line is all my fault. See I have a South Carolina t-shirt, a Tampa Bay Bucs t-shirt and of course a Yankees Suck t-shirt. Their used as camouflage while in the south. It's usually best to watch and listen just in case your in Indian Country. Of course Yankees Suck is most popular, just as it is here at home.

Now if you really don't like the expression on my best shirt, I'll wrestle you. You win, I burn it. I win, you get me some oxygen.

By the way, I'd like to see the Cards and the Sox in the series. '67 I spent several evenings (1 AM to at least 4 AM) with a transistor radio on my ear listening to Bob Gibson beating my beloved Sox. It time to undo that wrong.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-05-2004, 02:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Mah Dear Andy,...

...Might I remind you that living above the "Mason Dixon line", You Sir are considered a YANKEE,... , weather, or not you live in Mass.... I thought someone was financing some Broadway show, or something, and gave up their chances for $$$$$$$$$$, George from a past life perhaps,...

..yea, I know it's not about location, it's about bean town, Go "STEELERS", yes Pittsburg, although the Giants dismantled Green bay this week, and the Jets won also, Base ball should have been the Red Sox, and Cubs, would have been the greatest series of all time,...

...It's deer season anyway,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-05-2004, 05:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Andy,

Yeah, the '67 Series; The Impossible Dream Year; Triple Crown for Yaz! I was a senior at Hudson Catholic High. In study hall we'd have our transistors on, listenting to Ken Coleman broadcasting the game on WHDH 850 AM on your radio dial. We thought we were fooling the good sisters by trying to hide the radios. I stuck mine in the sleeve of my suit coat with the antenna extended out to my wrist and the earplug going up through my shirt and out the collar. When Jose Santiago hit a homer (and the only run) in the Sox Game 1 loss, a low, dull roar went up from those of us who were tuned in. Sister Mary St. Anthony slowly rose from her desk and announced, "For anyone not listening to the game, Jose Santiago just put one over the wall! The Red Sox lead, 1-0!" She then co-ordinated those of us with radios to sit so that everyone could hear what was happening. She was a real fan.

Now if Pedro Martinez and Derek Lowe can get their collective sh1t together, the World Series drought will be over!!!!