Old 11-25-2005, 07:32 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry They don't care who they kill

The headline on the Las Vegas ReviewJournal
30 Die as Bomber Hits Kids
military reports 6 deaths

30 Killed in Bombing Outside Iraq Hospital

By CHRIS TOMLINSON (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
November 25, 2005 5:21 AM EST

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A suicide bomber blew up his car outside a hospital south of Baghdad on Thursday while U.S. troops handed out candy and food to children, killing 30 people and wounding about 40, including four Americans.

As U.S. troops spent another Thanksgiving at war, two soldiers died in another bombing near the capital, and the U.S. command said four American deaths occurred Wednesday.

Elsewhere, 11 Iraqis were killed and 17 injured Thursday when a car bomb exploded near a crowded soft drink stand in Hillah, a mostly Shiite Muslim city 60 miles south of Baghdad. More than 200 people - mostly Shiites - have died from suicide attacks and car bombs since Friday.

Amid the bloodshed, at least four insurgent groups reportedly were mulling a government offer to talk peace - a hopeful sign for efforts to end an insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives.

Three women and two children were among the dead in the attack outside the hospital in Mahmoudiya, a flashpoint town 20 miles south of Baghdad in the "triangle of death" notorious for attacks on Shiite Muslims, U.S. troops and foreign travelers.

A civil affairs team from the U.S. Army's Task Force Baghdad was at the hospital studying ways to upgrade the facility when the bomber struck just outside the guarded compound, a U.S. military statement said.

Some American soldiers were distributing toys and food to children when the attack occurred about 10:40 a.m., Iraqi police Maj. Falah al-Mohammedawi said.

"There was an explosion at the gate of the hospital," sobbed one woman with wounds on her face and legs. "My children are gone. My brother is gone."

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2005, 04:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

God bless our troops for all they do
Old 11-25-2005, 10:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

I have a friend that is in iraq and i haven't heard from sence the bombing that took place Thursday of last week sighs

prayers for them all everyday and nite
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 11-26-2005, 05:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Re: They don't care who they kill

Quote:
Originally posted by darrel's joy

Amid the bloodshed, at least four insurgent groups reportedly were mulling a government offer to talk peace - a hopeful sign for efforts to end an insurgency that has claimed thousands of lives.
I hope so, fervently.