The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2003, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Have You Forgotten

Written by Darryl Worley and Wynn Varble

I hear people saying we don't need this war I say there's some things worth fighting for

What about our freedom and this piece of ground? We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down

They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in Before you start preaching Let me ask you this my friend

Have you forgotten how it felt that day To see your homeland under fire And her people blown away?

Have you forgotten when those towers fell? We had neighbors still inside Going through a living hell And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden

Have you forgotten?

They took all the footage off my T.V. Said it's too disturbing for you and me It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say If it was up to me I'd show it every day

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right

Have you forgotten?

I've been there with the soldiers Who've gone away to war And you can bet that they remember Just what they're fighting for Have you forgotten all the people killed?

Yes, some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field Have you forgotten about our Pentagon? All the loved ones that we lost And those left to carry on

Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?

Have you forgotten?

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links