The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2009, 03:29 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Angry Dutch TV Jury Acquits Osama bin Laden of 9/11

Yup..sure as hell am tickled pink to have this crew as allies for the new and improved, not the mean old America we have had since 9/11.Wow. This is the same Dutch people that let that snot-nosed son of a judge get away with murdering an American girl.

Friday, April 10, 2009 10:01 AM

A Dutch TV jury has found Osama bin Laden not guilty of the September 11 attacks.

In the conclusion Wednesday night to the show "Devil's Advocate" on Dutch public broadcaster Nederland 2, the jury of two men and three women, along with the studio audience, ruled that there was no proof bin Laden was the mastermind behind the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon in 2001.

The Netherlands, home to "Big Brother" creator Endemol, is known for being on the cutting edge of format-based television. But even for Dutch standards, "Devil's Advocate," from Amsterdam production house AVRO, pushes the envelope.

The show features star defense attorney Gerard Spong standing up for some of the world's worst criminals.

In the latest show, Spong was able to convince the jury that bin Laden's connection to September 11 was a product of "Western propaganda." The jury also ruled there was insufficient evidence to prove bin Laden was the real head of terrorist network al-Qaida. The jury did rule, however, that bin Laden is a "terrorist who has misused Islam."

The show is certain to provide further ammunition in the already heated Dutch debate over immigration and the country's large Muslim minority. The Netherlands saw a sharp rise in anti-immigration and anti-Islamic sentiment after the 2004 murder of Dutch director Theo Van Gogh by a Muslim extremist.

Spong has been at the center of the debate, supporting legal action against anti-immigrant politician Geert Wilders.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I guess the matter of a confession by Bin Ladin was not considered.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I guess the matter of a confession by Bin Ladin was not considered:

"It was the first footage of bin Laden to appear in more than a year and came just days before voters head to the polls Tuesday after an extremely tight president race.

In the 18-minute tape, bin Laden, who appeared to be sitting or standing at a table against a neutral background, said: "Despite entering the fourth year after Sept. 11, Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened."

Bin Laden said he thought of the method of attacking U.S. skyscrapers when he saw Israeli aircraft bombing tower blocks in Lebanon in 1982.

"We decided to destroy towers in America," he said. "God knows that it had not occurred to our mind to attack the towers, but after our patience ran out and we saw the injustice and inflexibility of the American-Israeli alliance toward our people in Palestine and Lebanon, this came to my mind."

Although there was no way to authenticate the tape or say when it was made, it referenced the upcoming presidential election.

"Your security is not in the hands of (Democratic candidate John) Kerry or Bush or al-Qaida. Your security is in your own hands," bin Laden said, according to the Associated Press.

"To the U.S. people, my talk is to you about the best way to avoid another disaster. I tell you: Security is an important element of human life and free people do not give up their security.

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. It is known that those who hate freedom do not have dignified souls, like those of the 19 blessed ones," he said, referring to the 19 hijackers.

"We fought you because we are free ... and want to regain freedom for our nation. As you undermine our security, we undermine yours."

An editor at Al-Jazeera said the network received the tape Friday but did not say how, Reuters reported.

In September 2003, Al-Jazeera aired a tape of bin Laden with his deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri in which he mentions five Sept. 11 hijackers by name.

An audiotape, which CIA analysts said was likely bin Laden, surfaced in April and called for a truce with European nations if they pulled troops out of Muslim countries."

-- Compiled from wire reports and other media sources
Old 04-10-2009, 08:20 PM

What are these people thinking? Hello?!
Old 04-11-2009, 12:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Dutch, always arguing everything to the last angstrom of the last angstrom, it is the way of things there. So sure, Bin Laden would go clean just to prove they supposedly can out think , upstage and out liberal even the most strident and committed liberal, anywhere. In reality, just a very complicated culture of over cooking the soup made by a gazillion soup cooks. Uneatable soup, aarrgg, but soup none- the- less, maybe.

It would be a drop dead shock if any other conclusion was reached, that would be totally un-Dutch and cause for much renting of garments, crying havoc and much wringing of hands. He he, one can travel from Delft to Rotterdam in an hours time or so and find that no one can speak the next town’s dialect so they break into English just to communicate. Friendly folks, though. Kind of a go with the flow place or get made crazy.

Scamp
Old 04-11-2009, 04:12 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Dutch TV jury?
Ok Dutch TV Jury we are no longer wanting to kill Bin Laden for the 911 act, Just because you found him innocent, We, however are still going to kill him because we don't like his beard, That's right we are going to kill the bearded one just because of the beard. And also, Because we can. Unless you acquit him of having a beard, then maybe that stupid looking hat will do.

Ron
Old 04-11-2009, 05:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

ROTFLMAO! Thanks!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 04-11-2009, 06:24 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default That works,...

...Ron, you hit the nail on the point, err,...

...yea, just because we can, and rightfully so, just because of that 'beard' which looks like a rat's nest anyway, or that 'stupid hat' which realyy is a 'stupid looking hat' what purpose does that 'stupid looking hat' serve, just to cover that rat's nest that attached itself to his head during a windstorm,...

...I thought by now he's have a miner's lamp attached to that 'stupid hat' with all the time he has resided in a cave,...

... hmmm, some life you lead tin head,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 04-11-2009, 10:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Such International PC Fools certainly prove that: "There's something rotten in Denmark" thingy.

Neil