The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2005, 04:21 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Scout

It?s a funny world we live in. No, straight out firing isn?t necessarily an act of being spineless. Being a tenured professor the school would be required to put him on paid administrative leave until the legal wrangling was done. You just KNOW the ACLU would defend him, for free. The legal fight could take years and there?s a 50-50 chance the school would loose. Then he has a law suite against the State of Colorado along with all the pay he has received plus the pay he will receive.

We had a chief of police who had 26 charges brought against him in court, could have made it 50+ charges. The City and Sate would probably have spent $150,000 on nothing but the prosecution of the case. The man was offered 50% of his retirement, he took it, case closed.

Guess sometimes the moral and reasonable thing to do aren?t the same. Any jury trial is a roll of the dice. Remember O.J.?

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2005, 10:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It?s interesting to note that the University of Colorado doesn?t express any concern for student welfare or quality of education. Only how to get clear of what could be a real expensive lawsuit and the potential damage done to their reputation. An unsupervised and wonked-out fruit loop gets all the way to a Department Chair, gets his stupid ass in the intense light of media attention, is a probable fraud on many, many fronts and only now do the Regents have sweaty palms and are moping their brows. And apparently Churchill isn?t above high jacking works of art for his own personal gain either.

Too late and the State of Colorado is looking at shelling out some major bucks to get rid of Churchill or just sucking it up and letting him continue to run amuck under the University of Colorado banner. He isn?t the only weasel in that particular woodpile and it?s a sure thing that those of Churchill?s ilk just want the lights turned off and for the media to go away so that they can continue dropping poison pills in the educational well and ripping off the system.

I don?t suppose the UC Regents would consider offering a tuition rebate for those students that got caught up in Churchill?s lies, false activism and slander bullshit, no, of course not. In their rarefied air, defective and dysfunctional product sold at a premium cost is just fine so long as ?academic freedom? (freedom to rip off a trusting public) is maintained first and foremost.

Scamp
Old 02-28-2005, 05:32 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thank you, Scamp

Due to my obvious lack of semantical prowess, I failed to convey the distinct impression that the evil heretofore promulgated by the pseudo-Injun had done irreparable harm to some minds full of mush, and a refund was in order. And I partially understand the administrative hoops that must be negotiated before he can be terminated (ooops, there's that Freudian slip thingie again!) but I still marvel at the ineptness of the system that hired him in the first place. In the civilian world, the cry for accountability rings from every boardroom, with peals of demand that there be no more Enrons, Worldcoms, or end runs. All of us had dealt with that same requirement for ethical behavior when we were in uniform. And it does not appear to be unreasonable to require the same standards of the practice of integrity within the halls of academia.

All the above is to say that no single head should roll (dang, that Freudian just can't be contained!) but that all involved in this intellectual travesty should be examined and the guilty dealt with accordingly. Naturally, the simple-minded will try desparately to pin all their defense on the First Amendment, but a thoughtful review of this cretin's lack of academic credentials, prima facie, is grounds for termination. Then the review of departmental hiring practices needs to be scrubbed by common-sense gifted outsiders, and corrections made.

(As a side note, I have a new prospect, currrently living and working in Colorado, who is seriously considering the purchase of an Eagle's Nest Home from me, to be constructed down on the Texas coast. Some of the reasons for his impeding departure from CO is the current situation and the exorbitant taxes.)

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just 50 charges , Andy? Ha, that guy is a piker

Not to point fingers or be critical, nope, but the constabulary here abouts knows how to take the best possible and maximum financial advantage from their positioning as guardians of all. Ya see the poor buggers were among the tens of thousands of highly trained Soviet KGB security types that suddenly found them selves unemployed a while back. So these highly trained and skilled shakedown artists and intimidators quite naturally took over the newly formed Hungarian National Police and in the interest of ?expedited justice? and "sharing the wealth", are doing quite well, very well indeed.

Scamp