The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Hypocrisy Personified?

We are a nation of laws, not necessarily right and wrong, or so they claim! But could it be that even this analogy, is only pertinent when convenient to any given agenda?

Case in point: “When proven false testimony was given before a federal court by a government official, an individual that was involved in veteran’s matters, and elements of that government buried this perjury (for what ever reason), was the government saying that veterans are second-rate citizens?

Worse yet, is it the implication here that - “It is alright to lie, even under oath, if the information that might come forth, is damning to the integrity of some of those imbedded deeply within an inner-sanctum?

Up until a few days ago, I would have sworn upon my very life that certain people and things in this great nation of ours were unshakeable? Axioms of our very existence, handed down by Our Founders, and as sacred to our existence as the belief in a Supreme Being Himself!

Of late, however, I have learned that the facade of the outwardly sterling, isn’t always what it appears to be! A few highly placed, and supposedly respected, individuals (some even friends), have proven to my satisfaction, that their honor is up for grabs, especially under the right set of circumstances!

How many times in the past, have you yourself had someone approach you, genuinely hurting, and plead for your assistance, only to have them turn upon you like a viper when the favor was done? “Is this not “Hypocrisy Personified?”

Worse yet, is that some now perceive the liar and user as nothing out of the ordinary, and an individual to be respected, and as just another person engaging in good business or practicing the arts of survival? And yet, through all of this and more, many of these Sunday Christians, still engage in ritualized worship, wringing in The Almighty in an attempt to outwardly sanitize their corrupted inner self!

I once had a fool attempt to convince me that: “It really makes no difference how rotten you are, as long as those around you, see you in a light of dignity and respect? The problem is that this person, one whom I once respected, actually believed what they were saying - and more is the shame, for this un-Godly phenomenon is fast becoming the rule, rather than the exception!

And what of those who advise, preach, or otherwise administer to the user and the liar? Are they performing a service, or are they merely attempting to give absolution to those, who will again tomorrow, fall back into a realm of human decay?

“And what again, says you, is the true definition of a hypocrite!?” For he with the power or the mandate to right what they know to be wrong, and yet does nothing, is (in my opinion) as much a part of that evil as it’s author itself - do you not agree?

“We will, of course, have to determine for ourselves, what we personally are and where we stand on this issue!”

VERITAS