The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2003, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Shape Up Or Ship Out!

Ya know, it?s getting close to election time again, and as usual, the promises will flow freely, along with the same old speeches telling us how much our wonderful politicians have done for us over their past term of office!?

God, would I like to have a dollar for every broken political promise made by office seekers in the last few years alone! The bull shit that is always overpowered by vested agenda, and the oaths that prove to be as hollow as an old maid?s chamber pot, are truly a wonder to behold!

And oh how quickly and lavishly, the (damned) few worthwhile deeds of any given politico are pushed in our faces, while their multiple screw-ups are ignored or blamed upon the other guy! ?When a politician messes up, however, people often suffer or/or die!?

I have often spoken about ?Talking The Talk? and this is a good beginning point. But when that same politician fails to ?Walk The Walk? (and it ain?t all drums and bugles), then it is time for him (or her) to ship out, get lost and take a hike, no matter the political party or public office!

?How gullible we are!? No matter how badly we are screwed, or how vilely we are lied to or deceived, we will still vote for the chap (or chapette) with the biggest line of cow manure and the image to match! We then spend the next several years kicking ourselves in the asses and vowing not to repeat the same mistake, ?BUT OF COURSE, WE DO ANYWAY!

In my opinion, whomever it was that said - ?YOU (Apparently) CAN FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE, ALL OF THE TIME? was right on target, politically speaking of course!!

VERITAS
Old 07-08-2003, 03:30 PM

Brother HC.
Poignant as usual good sir.
I am afraid that it will always come down to the voter, or non-voter as is the case in most elections.
Those that feel that their vote doesn't count are absolutely correct! Those are the one's NOT voting, hence "my vote doesn't count!"
Yet they freely bitch up a storm when the politicos give everyone the royal shaft.
If I had a dollar for every non-voter during all these wonderful elections, I'd have more money than Bill Gates!
Old 07-08-2003, 07:41 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Ain't it the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!