The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2002, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Keith that makes me feel good that it will be of some use to you. And I pray God that you and your Susan will grow very very old together. All you guys and gals that have good marriages are so blessed.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2002, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Tina

We all want our children to find someone with whom they can feel warm and safe and happy but, having lived for a while we've been in and seen too many of the other kind of relationship.

When our children or any person we care deeply about takes a big step like this, we get scared.

Our children are all over 18 so "grownup" but with love comes all the other protective emotions. You seem to be close enough to your parents to see through the words to how they feel.

Sparrow; We know how blessed we are and wish everyone such happiness. It makes all of life easier.

Joy
Old 07-26-2002, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sis, I have come to call the sorting out process as ?Gremlin Discovery?. Everyone has gremlins and that?s OK but all too often the real size and appetite of the gremlins gets absolutely astounding, all consuming and down right scary and wasteful. So absolutely, I?d never advise anyone to let emotion dictate or drive the presumed ability to cope with gremlins. My observation is that gremlins seldom get any smaller, only larger. And one fine day ya think, ?Who the hell is this person anyway?? But up front objective analysis, as you have suggested, can get the full size and scope of the gremlins out on the table and proper decisions made. But it?s one of those deals where some time in the Mixmaster of life needs to occur before some of us wake up and stop being victims of someone?s presumed controllable gremlins.

Scamp
Old 07-26-2002, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Scamp I love the phrase "Mixmaster of Life". I hate to say this but someone flipped the switch on high and ruined my sense of adventure where romance is concerned. Me thinks it probably worked out for the best. Keeps me out of trouble and off the streets.

Joy you misunderstood me. My words were an observation not a reminder. And I must say that marriage is not the only form of happiness in this world. Those of us that are not married have, yes, at times been lonely. However, married people can be lonely too. In other ways we experience a great deal of satisfaction knowing we can make it on our own and have freedom to pursue our dreams unhindered. There is happiness outside of a martial relationship that sometimes can't be found within it. I am happy where I am now after going through a period of feeling I was missing out on the golden years with a companion. I decided to create my own. (Golden Years that is). All it takes for me is enough money to TRAVEL. Thanks to a whole lot of love and prayer from my friends here and the Father who always brings me back to the center of His will. Life is good (maybe not for everyone in the neighborhood.) But as for me I have made my peace with my circumstances and found contentment at last. It does help to have a best friend that encourages me in all that I do. Thanks Griz if you happen to read this.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-28-2002, 11:07 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Thanks you all..
You all always make me look at things from a differnt point..
Even tho things aren't much better at home yet.. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.. You all me lots to me..
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten