The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2002, 12:15 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post ????

Beau: Your pulling my leg, right? I told you on the phone that you sounded like a surfer dude and didn?t detect your feeling that that was an insult. You didn?t tell me I was hurting you. I apologize for being insensitive if you were insulted. I had no idea ?surfer dude? was an insult.

Being a news junkie who grew up in the 50s and 60s, when I think of minority, I think Rosa Parks who wouldn?t move to the back of the bus. Of the march/riot in Selma Alabama, citizens who were not allowed to use public rest rooms. As I?ve said there?s no doubt you?ve had to put up with more crap than necessary in your life but upper middle class and down trodden minority group member strikes me as two different, two separate things.

My soon to be daughter-in-law is black, a lovely mulatto (she has no problem with being referred to as a mulatto). She is constantly saying things like the new headquarters of the NAACP is the NBA. Great sense of humor, I love her even if she is a N.Y. Yankee fan. I once arrested a blond haired, blue eyed 17 year old who yell at me that I was a racist. He said he was Hispanic, how the hell was I supposed to know that?

Now that I know ?surfer dude? is an insult, you?ll never hear me use that term again, regarding you. If I caused you pain, as apparently I did, I am sorry. Case closed.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2002, 12:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Nah

I was just puckin aroun --- just jivin Hommie --- all us Smoked Midgets jive alot. But, I guarantee you that we are not Upper Middle Class --- used Townhouse in my town is over $300,000.00 a year.

- I never claimed to be "downtrodden" or that "my people" are. I did assert that this whole "hanging on" to ethnicity seems to be a living for some Equal Employment "professionals" and I assert that there is the harm.

- I did assert that Affirmative Action seems to go to those who have rioted, in the past, the most: in the face of a very long and entrenched, Latino/Heritage in the American West.

- I did claim that until the Mexican-American border gets "closed" then we will have a steady flow of illiterate Illegals, watering down the pool of Chicanos who are educated and talented.

- I assert that even the Spanish, in the New World, gave more rights to those who were born in Spain --- lesser rights to those full Spaniards who were born in the New World, and lesser with each increase of Indian blood.

I REALLY DOUBT IF WHAT I REALLY HAVE BEEN WRITING, HAS BEEN READ.

AND, BEING A BELIEVER IN REINCARNATION, one can really get into an infinite amount of Identy possibilities (e.g. the black woman now, was a White Confederate Soldier long ago. My daughter now, was a relative in a former life. The passive looking War Protestor, was an Infantry Soldier in former lives, and so on. But, even considering this press to learn to identify how much we may be linked, in time and space, our differences is why we must collide --- here and there).

Someday, I would like to see a picture of your new, hopefully soon to be daughter in law.

JULY 25, 2002 --- I had done a great deal to support "their" Conference, those "execs." from the East Coast they flew here --- went a hundred miles an hour for the last 3 days: Corpsman (the Grunt type --- also served his second tour as a Corpman with PBRs) work friend joined me during the last day --- he, across the big room, on one camera --- me at the other, and by the A/V Switch --- the beauty came when he started signaling me, regarding camera operations --- Two fingers of one hand pointing at his eyes, meant for me to Zoom in (kinda Grunt like). DID I/we, get any credit --- like you boys say "Don't mean nothing"

Beau
Old 07-26-2002, 01:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Escuela (School)

One thing --- among the many good things about my town, is that the school that Mogly goes to is very Multi-Racial (on the brown side, that is mainly Pakistani/India/Chinese/Korean) --- and that is a nice change from when I was growing up (physically). Mogly's school won a national ranking as a "Blue Ribbon" school (Academic Excellence) --- one very good thing is that I have to pick her up at her school's Liberry (saves money, 'cause Day Care is expensive) --- inside the Liberry, I see that they have Caucasian teachers giving, mostly Latino/Latina, students somekind of special tutoring (just this little group of studeous, Spanish speaking children --- a few Asians): nice image.

You know, quite often now, Mogly will use the word "axe." I have to put her up for Adoption, or send her to my foster mother's in North Carolina for some refinement (you can tell it worked on me when I lived with them).

Beau
Old 07-26-2002, 07:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Sparrow...perhaps you should join me at the smell thecoffee saloon and we can talk about some of that stuff? After all I am of a different culture but you didn't ask before.
Old 07-26-2002, 08:28 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Judy no one asked Frisco and I either but everyone knows that we know there are only two kinds of people in this world those that are Irish and those that wish that they were.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-26-2002, 08:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I'm not quite sure where the thrust of this thread was going. I waited for a few days lurked around andam still a little confused. If the purpose of the thread was to just wonder where are the minorities, consider two things, one is that they may already be here, just not choosing to reveal themselves. Secondly, and probably more likely, minorites would not stay and post on a board that has no appeal to them.

Personally, i think ths board is tied for first place with another board I like a lot. But suppose you are a minority and sense that there are not too many of your kind on the board. Would you post topics that are interesting to minorities or would you avoid posting in case you felt your posts would be ignored or possibly vilified.

Personally, I don't care if a minority visits or not. Simply, I look at a person's HEART and CHARACTER. That is what matters. I could not care less what color their skin is or what race they are. Taking it a step further, I also get a bit annoyed with this hypenated stuff. Lets see my son is a irish-italian-french-czech-polish-german american. Or is he JUST an American? I believe that this effort to hang on to your individual ethnic or national identity causes way more harm than good. It emphasizes the differences between us creating more chaos and friction. Instead we should be concentrating on what makes us all alike.
I think we humans would all work a lot better as a team if we emphasised our similiarities not our differences -- standing by for heavy rolls!!!

Bill

King John 2.1.466
Old 07-26-2002, 09:25 PM

I agree...I've lost the point of this post too. Get over it and let's all be part of the human race male and female.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:44 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I'm going on down town and find me some collard greens,..and some blues...I have enjoyed about as much of this as I can stand...Tamaroa..the intention of the thread is correctly assesed in your first paragraphs. You bring up many good points. And anyone that knows me knows my heart for this country. The Irish part is all done in fun and just a statement of that little rebel in me that always stands up for the little guy..Judy you are rude. Out of here...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-26-2002, 09:59 PM

I am very tired of being trashed and called names by illogical people. Just because you don't agree with me is no reason to insult me. you don't do that to others and i'm tired of you doing it to me. Many people perhaps don't post because of this...did you ever think of that? If it makes you feel good to keep insulting me every time i comment then have at it. Personally There's a mighty big difference between good sound reasons and reasons that sound good. I'm trying to sound off like anyone else here and I get attacked and singled out as rude and frankly i find your behavior towards me If you like differences very strange indeed. Don't worry I will stay away from you.
Old 07-26-2002, 11:21 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Judy you have been rude by making outrageous statements regard censorship of your post and your pms and ignoring the calls of the moderators to provide proof. And not recanting one untrue statement of censorship. I think we all have been pretty nice about going the extra mile with you. I am sorry you don't feel it is far enough. The crux of the matter as I see it is you are pissed about the ground rule I laid down on the Women's Patriot forum about no male bashing if you have a bitch about a man make it specific my ex, my sgt etc. But on the other hand same/same with men generally attacking women as happened on the history channel forum with a person that will remained unnamed. If you consider that censorship so be it. I thing we all have been more than a little patient with your accusations. Is it possible that you want us to admit to something that is not true? Would that make me a better person in you eyes? I am sorry I can't do that for you or any one else no matter how you want to call into question my concern for Vietnam Vets and my love of others as in your previous post on another thread.

For the record and what I see the problem to be:

First let me say Judy that there would be no Patriot files if it wasn't for Bern and David. I think I would be safe in saying that when people fund a site out their own pockets for months on end and will not allow advertising to maintain the integrity of the site that you bet they have our best interest at heart. Be nice. The Girl was jokin'.

As the song says, "She works hard for her money, so hard for you honey, so you better treat her right."

Ground rule #1 no male bashing on this forum. Speak your minds and if you have to make reference to harm done to you by a man put it in the specific and not the general. My ex, my SGT, etc. It is hurtful to me when men generalize about women so let's not return the hurt. The same goes for guys. You come on the forum and say anything like "get over it." Or demean any one of the sisters. Your post will be deleted. Count on it. Maybe some of you are "getting over it" but you had to work long and hard to get there. We are not all in the same place at the same time. Go easy on each other. sis

Main Entry: pa?tri?ot

Pronunciation: 'pA-trE-&t, -"?t, chiefly British 'pa-trE-&t

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle French patriote compatriot, from Late Latin patriota, from Greek patriOtEs, from patria lineage, from patr-, patEr father

Date: 1605: one who loves his or her country and supports its authority

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

07-14-2002 12:01 PM

judyvillecco
Mockingbird

Women patriots
lLook. I don't know who does what and I have explained myself enough to the people involved. What do you want more? If this site is for just a few just say so and I'll be gone. I work hard for my money too and don't see that as the issue sparrow.

07-14-2002 02:47 PM

little sparrow
Erin go bragh

Now now don't be upset I was just given you a little history so you would know who does what. I understand you are havin' a hard time but we are not the enemy. sis

Ladies night-smell the coffee
No you didn't freak me. i tried to send you a message but I wasn't able to get it through due to a message that said it was deleted and monitored. Must be my computer cause I'm told it wasn't here and what i saw I didn't. Funny I'm not diagnosed hallucinations.

07-16-2002 07:23 PM

vetgirl

you can always e-mail me

07-16-2002 07:42 PM

judyvillecco
Mockingbird

Whew...been running from Liberty mountain or something like that. Had to go offline and delete some cookies attached to my computer. Tried to secret message some buddies but couldn't. Guess my big mouth has got me into trouble again. Certain people don't like the discomfort of the topics I'm bringing up. Guess some people don't think they are patriotic enough. Seems I'm being accused of being a troublemaker. Wow I thought i was just commenting on my reality like others here.

07-16-2002 08:04 PM

David
veni, vidi, vici

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tried to secret message some buddies but the webmasters have big brother censoring me. Guess my big mouth has got me into trouble again. Certain people don't like the discomfort of the topics I'm bringing up. Guess some people don't think they are patriotic according to Falwell or some of that bunch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
No you didn't freak me. i tried to send you a message but Ilm not allowed. This may be my last post see censorship,

What are you talking about?