The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2021, 07:31 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry 29th ID patch being cancelled by DOD

“…..The Department of Defense’s Naming Commission, formally the Commission on the Naming of Items of the Department of Defense that Commemorate the Confederate States of America or Any Person Who Served Voluntarily with the Confederate States of America, has decided to cancel the 29th Division’s historic and iconic “Blue and Gray” shoulder sleeve insignia.

This is not a rumor. The Adjutant General of Virginia officially notified the National Commander of the 29th Division Association, also a 116th Infantry Regiment Foundation, Inc. board member, in person on Monday, 13 December 2021. The removal of the 29th Division patch from Army use would most likely occur while both the 29th Division and 116th Infantry Brigade Headquarters are deployed overseas and the Department of Defense could take this action as early 31 January 2022.

It seems the Gray half of this patch somehow only serves to glorify the former Confederate States of America in the eyes of the commission. First designed and registered with the Army in 1917 during World War One, the colors and shape of the patch captured the make-up and mission of the citizen soldiers and former National Guard units of New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. They were all working in harmony towards a unified goal of making the world safe for Democracy. Don’t take our word for it; begin reading the World War One 29th Division History book from page 16 onward (easily found on Google Books). It’s clearly articulated on those pages with the voices of the people who were there. Sounds pretty noble and, one would think, an admirable cause to be represented forever in an American uniform patch.

So, we have some questions. Is the Government now saying the battle deaths and casualties of those WWI soldiers were made under the guise of glorifying Confederate causes? The WWI New Jersey troops are now complicit apparently yet they fought as Union formations during the Civil War! Is a currently serving soldier promoting Confederate glory by wearing the patch that took Bloody Omaha Beach on D-Day, and went on to help liberate France and Europe from Nazi atrocities? Do our most recent Global War on Terror battlefield and suicide losses represent Confederate deaths since those soldiers wore a half-gray Division shoulder sleeve patch?

And who will notify France, with it’s hundreds of memorial stones, plaques and cemeteries from two World Wars bearing the ‘Blue and Gray’ emblem that America no longer recognizes that iconic symbol of D-Day and world freedom? When should France begin grinding down all of those hallowed fixtures so Confederate causes are not glorified overseas? Are you going to be the one who tells those very few remaining World War Two 29th Division Veterans that their legacy was tainted because half of their division patch was a gray color representing American citizen-soldiers from the South?

Where will it all end, you may ask. We think Regiment Crests, Battle Streamers and Campaign Credits affecting most Southern National Guard units are next on the list to be trashed. We ask that you will be one who chooses to stand with us against these Orwellian lunacies. Call or write your congressional representatives today to tell them how you feel about the unjustified and wasteful sanitizing of this incredibly unique American and World legacy."

I wonder how the thousands of dead soldiers that wore this patch, buried not far from where they fell, would feel about all of this."

Source:
https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/for...-division-ssi/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2021, 10:29 AM

Thumbs down What take away a man heritage - no way!

Blue - That is so wrong - I'm going to contact my representative in Washington and ask them what in the hell are they doing! Traditions are just that traditions (of their heritage) and even though they are from the South - you don't disenfranchise their heritage. I'm going to my Congressmen and Woman and let out a little steam on this piss pore DOD ruling.
-
Boy they sure like to dig up the dirt from the past - Honor's are Honor's they last a lifetime within the person's heritage. God - what is wrong with these folks in government today.
-
Let me know how I can help!
-
Update: Just sent my representative(s) in Washington a copy of your post and asked
them to look into this disturbing issue over a patch - and why now - is the DOD making
this ruling or decision? Let's see - what if any thing - they can find out.
(If I get a response - I've sent some - before - but no comments - lets see if they
answer this one)? I will let you know.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 12-16-2021, 07:10 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,

Some more info:
--------------------------------------

These are the members of the "Naming Commission"

Adm. Michelle Howard, U.S. Navy, Retired, Chair

Brig. Gen. Ty Seidule, U.S. Army, Retired, Vice-Chair

Lt. Gen. Thomas Bostick, U.S. Army, Retired

Mr. Jerry Buchannan

Gen. Robert Neller, U.S. Marine Corps, Retired

Mr. Lawrence Romo

Dr. Kori Schake

U.S. Rep. Austin Scott (Georgia)

Their Mission Statement:

"Congressional Commission providing naming, renaming, and removal recommendations to Congress for all Department of Defense items that commemorate the Confederate States of America or any person who served voluntarily with the Confederate States of America."
Old 12-17-2021, 05:53 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Anyone who writes to them or calls, is going to get the boilerplate response, "Final recommendations will not be made before October 2022."

I think we are all savvy enough to realize that simply by this patch BEING on the list means it is a matter of when, not if, it will be eliminated.

Somebody wants that patch gone, and they do not give a damn if they have to wait 5 years and do it in the middle of the night.