The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > General

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2021, 12:47 PM

Exclamation Which Countries Provide and Receive the Most Foreign Aid?

Which Countries Provide and Receive the Most Foreign Aid?
By: Michele Wheat - Wristband News
Re: https://www.wristband.com/content/wh...t-foreign-aid/

What is foreign aid? The most basic foreign aid definition states that it is “resources given from one country to another.” These resources include money, materials, and manpower that are donated to developing countries around the world. Foreign aid is offered to help with emergency preparedness, disaster relief, economic development, and poverty reduction. The Development Assistance Committee, made up of 30 major donors, was created to oversee and discuss issues surrounding foreign aid; specifically focusing on humanitarian aid and economic development. The chart below ranks these 30 donors by how much foreign aid assistance they gave in 2017 and shows the top ten developing countries that were on the receiving end of their aid.

The Development Assistance Committee, made up of 30 major donors, was created to oversee and discuss issues surrounding foreign aid; specifically focusing on humanitarian aid and economic development. The chart below ranks these 30 donors by how much foreign aid assistance they gave in 2017 and shows the top ten developing countries that were on the receiving end of their aid.

You must now open this link: https://www.wristband.com/content/wh...t-foreign-aid/

Check out the charts showing money given by countries and their recipient's:
Re: https://www.wristband.com/content/wh...t-foreign-aid/
Development Assistance Committee (DAC) members provide government aid that promotes and specifically targets the economic development and welfare of developing countries.

Here is an excerpt from the Development Assistance Committee Mandate:

"The overarching objective of the DAC for the period 2018-2022 is to promote development co-operation and other relevant policies so as to contribute to implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, poverty eradication, improvement of living standards in developing countries, and to a future in which no country will depend on aid."

What Country Gives the Most Aid?

The United States is the top donor country on the Developmental Assistance Committee (DAC), contributing almost $35 billion to foreign aid in 2017. This donation amounted to 0.18% of the country’s Gross National Income (GNI), far below the official development assistance target of 0.70% GNI.

Out of the 30 major donor countries that make up the DAC, only five of them met the 0.70% target in 2017. These five countries were Sweden with 1.02%, Luxembourg with 1.00%, Norway with 0.99%, Denmark with 0.74%, and the United Kingdom with 0.70%. Germany slipped just under the threshold with 0.67% of their GNI donated.

DAC Members’ Foreign Aid Donations
-
United States: $34.73 billion
Germany: $25.01 billion
United Kingdom: $18.10 billion
European Union: $16.44 billion
Japan: $11.46 billion
France: $11.33 billion
Italy: $5.86 billion
Sweden: $5.56 billion
Netherlands: $4.96 billion
Canada: $4.30 billion
Norway: $4.12 billion
Switzerland: $3.14 billion
Australia: $3.04 billion
Spain: $2.56 billion
Denmark: $2.45 billion
South Korea: $2.20 billion
Belgium: $2.20 billion
Austria: $1.25 billion
Finland: $1.08 billion
Ireland: $840 million
Poland: $680 million
New Zealand: $450 million
Luxembourg: $420 million
Portugal: $380 million
Greece: $310 million
Czech Republic: $300 million
Hungary: $150 million
Slovak Republic: $120 million
Slovenia: $80 million
Iceland: $70 million

What Country Receives the Most Aid?

The country that received the most foreign aid is India, which got more than $4.2 billion in aid from the DAC members in 2017. Turkey was a close second with $4.1 billion in aid received.

The total amount of aid donated in 2017 by the 30 DAC members to developing countries reached a high of $163.6 billion.

Top 10 Recipients of Foreign Aid From DAC Members
-
India: $4.21 billion
Turkey: $4.10 billion
Afghanistan: $2.95 billion
Syria: $2.77 billion
Ethiopia: $1.94 billion
Bangladesh: $1.81 billion
Morocco: $1.74 billion
Vietnam: $1.61 billion
Iraq: $1.60 billion
Indonesia: $1.48 billion

This is not an exhaustive list of all of the humanitarian aid contributions made in 2017: The 30 major donors that make up the DAC have to report their annual foreign aid donations, while non-DAC countries can choose not to report theirs. The OECD estimates other countries’ annual contributions based on the previous year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: I always wondered where all this money went. Now that I know I could just throw up. No wonder our Country is suffering we are giving it away like water.
I didn't know how much was going out besides our Military Funds but to all these Nations (and a few that would cut our throats at times). It's appalling. I'm sure the Leader's of these Nation's in need are living high on the hog - while the people were supposed to get some didn't! Where's the accountability how do we know where this money goes? What benefits have we seen to these Nations over the years and how long can we continue to do this when our Country can't fix our infrastructure or build up our working force with jobs.
Egad's I was shocked and we wonder why we have a deficit and why we are not fixing up our Country first? I don't mind helping the poor but man you gotta take care of your own first!
-
India why do they get so much money of late? There's a few others I question as well. India is sending missiles' to space does that fix their economy? You can't eat space?
Our Nation has needs - our infrastructure (put our people to work fix our issue's then look to help the others. - My God - we don't see these figures unless we dig them up.
I bet 1-in 500k American's don't know about or where these foreign aid donations go? It sure isn't us!!
-
And to close this: I say you're pissing and moaning about some American welfare relief monies - My God Man - America we have a problem!
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links