The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2002, 06:08 PM

Unhappy a couple of questions

Can someone define best friends for me???

Why does life suck so bad??? 30 years old and feel like i am 62 years old..

Love ya all
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2002, 08:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 
Default Best friend

Best friends are hard to come by. you may think you have one until you really need some help and they boogie. I'm very lucky my wife turned into my best friend she is allways there to pull me up when i'm down and when i need her the most she is there as i'm for her. I truly wish you luck finding a best friend catina you will make many friends in your life but you will know when you have a best friend. they put you first in their lifes
Old 06-13-2002, 10:14 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Tina

Wow!..Couple of tough questions you`ve posed.The up side is that you are even considering these monumental problems at the age of 30...It took me considerably more years to begin to recognize them.I wish there were a standard answer that I could have you look up in Funk and Wagnel`s,but you know that there ain`t no such thing.What comes to mind is an old gospel standard"What a Friend We Have in Jesus".He turned out to be my 'best friend',and has never let me down...He`s always there.Now you quit kickin your chin,OK?..It doesn`t become you.You`re too sweet for that,and believe me...life is too short.

Peace,Griz
Old 06-14-2002, 12:13 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default Hey Little Girl

what Griz and Chris said..and the key to both the heavenly and the earthly relationship is trust. It is earned. The Master proved it at Calvary and a friend will prove it over the long haul.

Bless your heart you have had more than your share of hurt but I want to share something with you. I have an old friend that I found again recently and we are working together. She is sixty seven years old. She is no bigger than a minute. She has had two heart attacks and three rounds with cancer and survived. She works every day to supplement her and her seventy year old husbands Social Security. She told me tonight "I love my life." " I love life period." " It has been worth it all." When I look at her life I stand in awe of what she has survived and she continues to be the centerpiece of her family helping this one, encouraging that one. A woman with class. And a great sense of humor. But not without her scars also. She has chosen to let them make her better and not bitter. God help me to follow her lead. I got a whole lot of catchin' up to do.

Here's a *hug* for you Tina. You are valuable and precious and never let anyone treat you othewise. It's better to be alone than with someone friend or lover that treats you with disrespect. Take it from a girl that had to learn it all the hard way. sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."