The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2002, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Arrow I agree, that list should always be availiable. We do have the entire KIA/POW list for Vietnam (and many other wars) listed by state in the downloads section so it will alway be here and availiable to all anytime they like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2002, 11:41 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Dave

I actually think that for most Americans an assinine political debate, with some blood thrown in, was what Vietnam was all about. Having said that I also understand that we are guests here and even free speach must have it's limits.

Honestly Dave, when people start throwing crab apples at me, don't worry about it. That which does not kill me makes me stronger. Too much vulgar language needs to be removed, there should be some decorum. The mindless diatribes of a couple of people who were at the History Channel site, who's sole intent was to anger all vets, could well be seen as unacceptable. Whatever else is deleted, it is your call.

Thanks for the thumb nail.

Stay healthy to all,
Andy
Old 05-31-2002, 11:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

In terms of political organization and infrastructure, I believe I have lived and worked in most variations of the way right and way left. The former Soviet Union and contemporary PRC being on the left margin and former white South Africa and a number of Islamic states being on the right lunatic fringe. All in all, I didn?t see anything that rang my chimes or gave me the overwhelming desire to squirt. Though accused of being otherwise, I center up fairly much and go for what makes sense and preserves or creates a quality of life for the greatest number. Likewise for this outfit and vote we remember our roots, forget political dialog if we can?t get along and don?t anyone go wondering off into the lunatic fringe and come back wanting to smack anyone around or go brow beating /clanging pots and pans about political ideology. That sucks and always causes an unnecessary flail and hard feelings. Jasus all, haven?t we had enough time in the mix master yet?

Fair seas, Bill

Former PO1, USN
7th fleet, Operation Market Time.
RVN, 66-68.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:52 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

David have I told you lately that I love you. (it's no secret folks I revealed this to Bern the first time I talked to her on line) Seriously I love them both equally. I don't know how they put up with us. We best be careful they might be on a slow boil, pack up, leave us all behind and move to the Olympic Peninsula where God can be seen at any given time skipping over the mountains, and fishin' for shrimp. Would anyone blame them?...Heck I might do the same just as soon as I save up enough for a great RV and a pickup truck...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-31-2002, 01:11 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Yup

What Bill Said..Fair seas,my friend

Peace,Griz
Old 06-01-2002, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Distinctions

looks like I missed the whole point of why the post was taken down. The post taken down was not the post that had KIA listed. Here is the full explanation, http://www.patriotfiles.com/forum/sh...&threadid=2139
Old 06-03-2002, 01:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default A suggestion David

It may be prudent to set up a memorial topic where the names of the honored ones can be listed by members along with whatever the poster may wish to say, only. That way shameful fist fights, brawls and such can be taken to the alley behind the Saloon where they properly belong thus leaving the honored ones to rest in peace.

Fair seas, Bill
Old 06-03-2002, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Distinctions

Seascamp that is an excellent idea and one that we have already implemented in the forum named Veterans Memorials. You can find this topic under the Veterans catagory.

Beau you may want to try posting those in the Memorials catagory of the gallery. We have the post size for pictures in the forums low in consideration of dial up connections.
Old 06-03-2002, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Distinctions

I saw some of those Homies in the plush toy mechanical pickup machine across the street at Dennys here
Old 06-03-2002, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Distinctions

Beau I probably would invest if I had any money to do so. Are they produced locally? I also see them in other locations down here.