The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2002, 03:53 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Prince James

O,my good lord,why are you thus alone? For what offense have I this fortnight been a banished woman from my Harry`s bed? Tell me,sweet lord,what is`t that takes from thee Thy stomach,pleasure,and thy golden sleep? And start so often when thou sit`st alone? ..Why hast though lost fresh blood in thy cheeks? And given my treasures and my rights of thee to thick-eyed musings and cursed melancholy? ....In thy faint slumbers I by thee have watch`d. ...And heard thee murmur tales of iron wars, ..Speak terms of manage to thy bounding steed, ..Cry "Courage! to the field!" And thou hast talk`d of sallies and retires,of trenches,tents, .Of palisadoes ransom.and of soldiers slain, And all the currents of a heady fight. .The spirit within thee hath been so at war.....And thus hath so bestirr`d thee in thy sleep, ...That beads of sweat have stood upon thy brow, ..Like bubbles in a late-disturbed stream... Henry IV

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2002, 06:59 PM

exlrrp,

Know where you're coming from bro. Went for thirty years and a complete marriage before telling a doctor the truth. Thought my behaviour was okay even though everyone was telling me different. On the way to a medical discharge from my current employer. VA [Aust] approved 90% for PTSD and other medical problems recently.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sgt. Arty...

...In the "been there, done that" theory, I've seen James' posts back to when, and although the discriptions are slightly different with add on's, and leave offs, the effectiveness of them ring true...
...I have no doubt that James put in his hump, although I object to the ideals that he has set before himself, I have no doubt from any man that has devulged the matter of another urinating on him on in an open forum, to be jesting...
...life's edge is short, and I'm sure he's seen it,...
...we're 2 + years together here, and we're all here together, and we all go down together, he might be a loud mouth liberal from California, but his exploits by word from memory stand pat...
...I take him on my team anytime.......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 10-03-2002, 07:27 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

James, what Arty Sgt. , Griz , Wazza and that S guy said. As you told me once and has caried me through some tough times - Life will unfold as it should. Thanks. Welcome home.
Old 10-03-2002, 09:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James

Same here buddy, you have got me through some tough times and you are not the only one here that has helped me. If you still want to work on houses, there are a lot of genuine chestnut log cabins and barns still around here. They quit making chestnut awhile back (blight).
Old 10-04-2002, 05:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtySgt
All thow you have changed your story some what about the stabbing incident, IMHO i still think you are bragging so f.ck you to.

Maybe youre right, I'm still trying to sort it out.
Its not something I'm ashamed of doing, perhaps it does sound like bragging if you think its something worth bragging about.
go here--http://hackworth.com/photo0022.html--I may be bragging there too, a possible wannabe, maybe I planted my head on all those pictures, maybe it WAS all just a bad dream..
Also, how did the story change? When my pride and my memory differ, my pride often wins. Evidently there's some agreement on this-- This will help me get it right next time.
thanks

james
Old 10-04-2002, 06:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: James

Quote:
Originally posted by 1CAVCCO15MED
If you still want to work on houses, there are a lot of genuine chestnut log cabins and barns still around here. .
Um well,, I ben fixing old houses the last 20 years and I'm sorta getting tired of it. I mean its been a good living but its old. I love driving through old laces and checking the architecture (like The Quarter!!) (and I REALLY want to check out Beantown, Andy)
I'd tell you all about it but the story might differ and I'd be accused of bragging again. Its a loooong involved story, hard to remember it all right. Don't forget I have an evil twin.AND PTSD, its official now
I was sorta hoping to be semiretired by now but due to the economy, I'm back to semi working again. My goodness, our current president seems to be an economic disaster, bless his little heart, I hope he does better. Soon.

James
Old 10-04-2002, 08:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More brag

sitting here staring at the pictures at: http://hackworth.com/photo0022.html.
Was that Real?? Was that me?? Ive been struggling with it for years
Sometimes I think it was the most bodacious thing in the world.
Thats how I really feel about it. I can't tell the half of it or EVRYBODY would think I was bragging
I only used the knife on my hip in the 2d pic for opening C's--sorry if I told it different somewheres else, real sorry.

James Worth

Happy just to be alive
Old 10-04-2002, 11:35 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post ArtySgt

While working with the 7/11th Arty (on more than one occasion) they were firing beehive rounds, point blank. No disrespect intended to you. However, when we talk arty we are usually talking about indirect fire where the rounds are coming from a mile or more away. Let me give a different example: a knife fight is a whole lot different than dropping bombs from a B-52. I LOVED B-52's but the psyche effect on the people involved has got to be a lot different.
I don't flame combat personal. However the book I refered to explains in detail, the closer you are to the guy you kill, the more problems you may suffer in later years. It makes sense.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-04-2002, 03:18 PM

Default Andy,

I do understand your point, there were indeed many times in Vietnam when Arty was used as you say at point blank range with Beehive rounds. In my units case, they actually got to the guns in spite of the beehives. Being in a rice paddy in a pouring rain, our M-16's jammed up after just a few rounds. A few of the guys never got off a shot, the two of us left standing in my gun section were reduced to an E-tool and half a ram rod to finish the fight. Some Artillerymen got up close and personal, thats my point.
Recommendations for the C.I.B. were put forth and denied because we didnot have the correct M.O.S. As I understood my function, I was there to protect the Grunts and kill the enemy. I use the term " Grunts " with respect. Hope this clears up my view of things.