The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2003, 04:40 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking THE BIG O

Is it just me, or does Larry look like a grey Roy Orbison?

The previous picture is of James and Larry at China Beach, over looking the Golden Gate. The following one is of them on Rocky Mountain with The City as a backdrop.

P.S. Sid, I pointed out to James that he had that shirt on backwards. I guess he dressed himself that day .
Old 06-24-2003, 09:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default back...

made it back...quite a trip....have to go to work tomorrow to get some rest....After talking to James, I now consider myself much more liberal. More later ...

My in-laws do not watch TV or have a personal computer at home. They also have a vicious Tomcat and a 9 month old baby who was sick while I was there. I passed a kidney stone. My sister-in-law just got over some kind of viral crap that put her in the hospital for a week, 3 weeks ago, and was still feeling the effects from it....I got to do and see a lot, considering...the trip with James and Tom was super....

Damn... it is some kind of HOT here...it is very weird having to run the heater at night in the middle of the summer !!!!

More tomorrow...Have missed being on line...

Almost liberal.... Larry
Old 06-24-2003, 10:00 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Dude?

He got to you?

Please don't say it.

Keith

P.S. sorry to hear about all your in-laws little problems.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 06:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default HOT-DANG!

WAYTAGO James & Frisco! I just KNEW that ole Larry had some latent, well disguised "Liberal' tendencys. Thanks for gettin him to finally admit it! Y'all got any more of them "Chinese chips" you used to implant the "Liberalism" in ole Larry?? I got a brother-in-law that needs SEVERE indoctrination and DE-programing of his conservative-itis that afflicts his already annoying personality disorders. I'd shore-nuff aprreciate sum advice on gettin a few of them suckas' to implant on a few folks, OK??

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default well...

looks like I have come back to my senses...must be something in the air out there...for a while I was ready to print up some signs saying "No Blood for Oil"...LOL LOL...I'm all better now..

Seriously...the weather was great...down right chilly on the ocean due to the wind. I watched a sailboat race from near the Golden Gate Bridge in the bay...very interesting. We went to several aquariums...one of which..the Steinhart, in Golden Gate Park, had some of the largest freshwater fish I have ever seen in an aquarium...these included gar, sturgeon, and a large variety of Amazonian fishes, as well as the usual sharks...they also had a fantastic saltwater display with a gigantic giant clam... There is a big development on Fisherman's Wharf called Pier 39. It apparently was opposed by everyone, but was developed and is very nice. It is loaded with shops, restaurants, and has a top notch aquarium as well. It has a long tunnel that makes you feel as if you are walking on the bottom of the ocean. The seals at Fisherman's wharf were neat also. There was one big 'ol one that I guess was the psuedo beachmaster...he was really raising hell..The redwood trees at Muir Woods are a must see. A really interesting story how they were saved. There is a Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park also. Very impressive, altho it looked like most of the koi were gone...I was amazed by the price of gasoline...as much as $ 2.35 per gallon for hi-test...and real estate...a small 2 bedroom, 1 bath house in my in-laws neighborhood could go for $500,000 or more...We are going to have 95 degrees, tons of mosquitoes, and an orange ozone alert today...I sure didn't miss all of this crap !!!

Tom and James were super tour guides. About half-way up the little mountain ( per Tom, the name of which was Rocky Mt. ), I was very winded...but what a view !! .....As we went from one part of San Francisco to another it was easy to see the various cultures and how they reprsented their neighborhoods. Lots of good looking women ( and men too, if you swing that way !! ).
James was right on target about California Highway 1...a splendid drive by the ocean. I didn't really appreciate mountain bikers until I watched them starting up some of those grades...I would be hard pressed to walk up them !!!

A great place to visit and way too much stuff to do in even a week..

Larry
Old 06-25-2003, 08:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Wink

Gee Larry I enjoyed your trip and thought for sure James had converted you to liberal! Those Tennessee boys are hard core.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default James..

James was real nice...he didn't put the hard-sell on me. We actually agreed on a lot of stuff, believe it or not. I look forward to meeting some other online friends in the future.

Larry
Old 06-25-2003, 01:14 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb James/Tom/Larry

I?m going to have to be careful, the only chips I like are of the potato variety. Wonder if I do have some Irish blood? Chips, so that?s what it was. James, I knew there was a reason for you wearing that RED shirt.
Larry sounds like Boris Bad-enough has mellowed and is using a new technique to win people over to the dark side. Glad you made it out of that funk. You used the heater???
Packo and me in the Castro district? I?m not altogether sure that would be a good idea. I can see Debbie almost diverting her eyes and taking copious notes. Can also see my wife almost getting me killed again. (When visiting New Orleans a young woman had a man on a leash. The guy had on a thick leather collar, a leather vest, a leather thong and leather boots. The guy was about 6?4 and weighed at least 300 pounds. As we walked by my 5?0? wife said, ?Don?t you have any mirrors at home??) Nah, I think the Castro district should be left to the fruits and nuts.
Thanks for the pictures Tom. Always good to see ?the boyz?. You do a good job of selling your city. Make sure to find a military base with a gas station, we?ll by fuel on my ID card.
Keith, do not, I repeat do not go to Frisco. Picturing you as a cross dresser may be more than your parish could take. Lord, I don?t even want to think about that.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 06-27-2003, 08:05 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default standing in a hole

I'm standing in a hole in both pictures. also note the correct way to wear the Psycovet shirt

Re:"?Don?t you have any mirrors at home??"
Excellent!! I was staring at one of those guys once and he walked up to me and said"What you looking at??!!" I told him I wasn't sure, no one had told me the circus was in town.

james

PS I'll be up in Tahoe until next Thursday, you can talk about politics til then