The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2008, 08:35 PM

Default Advance Australia

As I am new to this site... I had a quick spin around the forum and thought I would post this for non Australians

quick answer to the following posts from a fair dinkum Aussie

Three Cheers for Australia! General Posts 03-27-2006 03:39 AM
Look what Australia is saying! General Posts 12-06-2005 05:13 AM
Thank you Australia Enduring Freedom 05-06-2003 03:49 PM
Australia General Posts 01-27-2003 09:30 PM

Question:
Why were the Australain Red kangaroo and the tallest native emu chosen to be on the Australian National Coat of Arms?

Answer:
Because neither can … walk backwards (retreat )and they depict the concept of Advance Australia.

So I'm Off like a brides nightie
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2008, 08:44 PM

Sorry I forgot to post this
If any of you understand Australian politics then you will understand the letter

25th April 2007
Dear The Honourable John Howard, Prime Minister of Australia.

I'm planning a trip with my family and extended family, and I would like to ask your assistance.

I'm going to cross the border from Australia into Indonesia in a leaky boat filled with friends and relatives, and I need to make a few arrangements. I know you can help with this.

I plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure Indonesia handles those things the same way we do here in Australia. So, would you please tell your friend, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono, that we're on our way over? Let him know that we will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for the entire family.
2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services we might need, whether we use them or not.

3. Any government forms we might need, printed in English.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
5. Schools need to include classes on Australian culture and history.
6. I want my kids to see the Australian flag flying on the top of the flagpole at their school, with the Indonesian flag flying lower down.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
8. Some members of my family will need local Indonesian driver's licenses, so we can get easy access to government services.

9. We don't plan to have any car insurance, and won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. Just in case one of the Indonesian police officers doesn't get the memo from President Yudhoyono to leave us alone, be sure that all police officers speak English.

11. We plan to fly the Australian flag from our housetop and of course, we'll put Australian flag decals on our cars, and have a gigantic celebration on Christmas Day. We don't want any complaints or negative comments from the local Muslim Indonesians.

12. We would also like to have jobs without paying taxes, and don't enforce any labour laws or tax laws.

13. Please tell all the people in Indonesia to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about us, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request, because our government does these things for the folks who come to Australia from Indonesia. I'm sure that President Yudhoyono won't mind returning the favour if you ask him nicely.

However, if he gives you any trouble, you could always invite him to go hunting.

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Regards

A Fair Dinkum Aussie Citizen
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Crossing the border to school

District wants to keep out nonresidents
By ELLIOT SPAGAT
Associated Press
Article Last Updated: 01/01/2008 01:37:51 AM PST

CALEXICO — Children are more likely to shield their faces than to smile when Daniel Santillan points his camera.
Santillan's photos aren't for any picture album or yearbook — they help prove that Mexican youngsters are illegally attending public schools in this California border community.

With too many students and too few classrooms, Calexico school officials took the unusual step of hiring someone to photograph children and document the offenders. Santillan snaps pictures at the city's downtown border crossing and shares the images with school principals, who use them as evidence to kick out those living in Mexico.

Since he started the job two years ago, the number of students in the Calexico school system has fallen 5 percent, from 9,600 to 9,100, while the city's population grew about 3 percent.

"The community asked us to do this, and we responded," school board President Enrique Alvarado said. "Once it starts to affect you personally, when your daughter gets bumped to another school, then our residents start complaining."

Every day along the 1,952-mile border, children from Mexico cross into the United States and attend public schools. No one keeps statistics on how many.

Citizenship isn't the issue for school officials; district residency is.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled illegal immigrants have a right to an education, so schools don't ask about immigration status. But citizens and illegal immigrants alike can't falsely claim residency in a school district.

Enforcement of residency requirements varies widely along the border. Some schools do little to verify where children live beyond checking leases or utility bills, while others dispatch officials to homes when suspicions are raised.

Jesus Gandara, superintendent of the Sweetwater district, with 44,000 students along San Diego's border with Mexico, said tracking children at the border goes too far. "If you do that, you're playing immigration agent," he said.

The El Paso Independent School District in Texas sends employees to homes when suspicions are raised. But spokesman Luis Villalobos said photographing students at the border would be a monumental, unproductive effort.

That's not the thinking in Calexico, a city 120 miles east of San Diego that has seen its population double to 38,000 since 1990. A steel fence along the border separates Calexico from Mexicali, an industrial city of about 750,000 that sends shoppers and farm laborers to California.

Calexico's rapid growth outstripped school resources, resulting in overcrowding and prompting demands that Mexican interlopers be ousted. Taxpayers complained their children were bused across town because neighborhood schools were full, even after Calexico voters approved a $30 million construction measure in 2004. Portable classrooms proliferated.

The 62-year-old Santillan was hired in 2005. He is an unlikely enforcer. Posters of Cesar Chavez and Che Guevara adorn the walls of his ranch-style home. The Vietnam War veteran and labor activist is an outspoken advocate of amnesty for illegal immigrants and fills water jugs in the desert for Mexicans who trek across the border illegally.

He parks his old Toyota Echo at the border two or three mornings a week, often in a handicapped spot that his bad knees allow him to occupy. He photographs some of the hundreds of students who exit the inspection building and walk to class.

Some hide their faces when they see his 6-foot-5, 310-pound frame. Sometimes he follows students to school.

Many of the students know him. Others in town are not always sure what he is up to. A new police officer once ran his name through a database of sex offenders. A talk-radio host warned listeners that an odd-looking man at the border might be looking for children to kidnap.

Some students taunt him. Friends have called him a hypocrite. Santillan reminds them that he is only enforcing school residency rules, not immigration laws. Still, he says, "You've got to have hell of a tough skin."

The California native visits addresses listed on student enrollment forms, knocking on doors as late as 9 p.m. and introducing himself in Spanish.

One crisp December morning, he went to three homes before dawn, carrying a clipboard with several pages of students suspected of living in Mexico. A woman who opened her door at 6:30 a.m. said her niece no longer lives with her. At another home, a woman said her niece moved last month.

Many Calexico residents support the crackdown.

Fernando Torres, a former mayor, was upset when the district said his grandchildren would have to transfer because there was no room in their neighborhood school. "It's not right" for U.S. taxpayers to build classrooms for Mexican residents, he said. The district eventually relented.

School board member Eduardo Rivera estimates there are still 250 to 400 students from Mexico attending Calexico's schools.

"It's a continual struggle," Rivera said. "You have people who are determined to continue sending their kids over here."
Old 01-02-2008, 02:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Welcome Aboard Aussie!

Man do I like this guy already. Sure am sorry I missed Austrailia for R&R.....my one REGRET in life.

Please don't go away.....love the humor and thanks so much for being such loyal allias for so many years.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 AM

Mateeeey!... You lost me
Why!... Would an Administrator try an outdo a member...Go figure!!!
If this is what I am going to be up against, then the battler is goin' to Blow thru
Strike me pink ... I just landed
Stone the flamin crows.. the blowies will have a bone ta pick h'er

go'd nite.. auff like a bride,s nightie
Old 01-02-2008, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Deadly Darling

Sounds like we are not the only county getting the refuse from a failed nation. I think last time it was estimated we had about 12,000,000 illegal Mexicans in our country. Both our countries exist in our present forms because we have a history of standing up and fighting for what we believe in. What we are getting are the cowards that would rather run for the border than do the same in theirs. Mexico has one of the great cultures in the world but it also coined the word peon to describe their men.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Deadly Darlin David wasen't trying to out do you, He was trying to show you that our two countrys are very much alike. Including politics and Illeagle aliains. welcome aboard our site
Old 01-02-2008, 07:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome aboard !!! Last best guess for illegal aliens here I saw was 35 million. The last amnesty bill would have let in another 50 million....Great post !!

Larry

Last edited by MORTARDUDE; 01-06-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:12 PM

AUSTRALIAN VIETNAM VETERANS ALPHABET

A is for AUSSIE the salt of the earth.
A fearless soldier but full of mirth.

B is for BALMY bar, a noggie drink.
Two litres down the throat and your Stomach is down the sink.

C is for CHARLIE, the elusive VC.
He hid in the jungle but didn’t escape me.

D is for DIGGER, the bravest soldier of all.
He gives his everything at the beckoned call.

E is for EGGBEATERS that shudder and shake.
Crapping jelly petrol in their wake.

F is for FLEAS and also the ticks.
That feed on a fellow from his head to his….

G is for GRUNT, the footslogging infanteer.
Goes everywhere on “Shank’s Pony’ but always full of cheer.

H is for the HOLE that the Communist rockets made.
That would take me a week to fill in with a spade.

I is for IMPORTANCE of staying alive.
The body might falter but the ANZAC spirit will survive.

J is for JESUS who will jam all the guns gears.
And rust every bayonet with his tears.

K is for the KNOWLEDGE I quickly acquired.
Of lying as flat as a Krate when the VC fire.

L is for the LEECHES that hid in the mud.
Attach themselves to my knackers and suck out the blood.

M is for MAMMASAN, the boss of the bars.
You buy my girl Aussie, she come with specimen jar.

N is for NOGGIE, the native of the land.
For the good ones that comes here we must put out our hand.

O is for OUC-DA-LOI numbered 1 to 10.
Depending on how much the digger would spend.

P is for PIASTA, the local dough.
Fifty notes give you “special crazy” show.

Q is for QUICK, which all Diggers are.
Quick as grease lightning to stay alive in a land afar.

R is for the RUMOURS we heard every day.
That the Communist morale was fading away.

S is for SAIGON TEA, the ladies would sip.
The more you buy the lower zip.

T is for TUNNELS our sappers went down.
To fight the Communists rats in the underground.

U is for US, the Aussie that served.
Finally we’re getting what we deserved.

V is for VICTORY that we were denied.
They wouldn’t let us win even though we tried.

W is for WAKEY, the last day in town.
Get into the aircraft and come on down.

X is for X-PERIMENTS made with shell and bomb.
A neat little “cross” on a nice little tomb.

Y in the world have I been placed.
In a paddy of muddy water right up to my waist.

Z is for ZEAL we all possess.
Fanatical in nature when we faced Ho Chi Minh’s best.

Oh wel! I off with the Bar flies for now
Old 01-06-2008, 05:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Great Alphabet!

DD,

I saw on New Members side you have a claim filed with "DVA". I was wondering if y'alls DVA is as anti-veteran as our DVA? Ours is a confrontational system that fights you the whole way and will do anything to deny your rightful benefits. Hows the Aussie system?

My brother is also a Tonkin Gulf member. He was a Spook on Spy Ships.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)