The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2002, 04:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well I sure as hell ain't

gonna "give up" on the VA health care system just yet. I've seen too much good treatment and seen it have too much success to know that it can WORK if properly funded AND managed! Some of the things y'all are talking about are already IN place to treat those Vets you've mentioned that may have to drive 100 miles to a VA hospital. Here in Florida there are "satellite" primary care & specialty clinics staffed by VA and part-time private physicians & medical personnel located MILES away from VA hospitals capable of handling all but the most serious of hospitilization cases not to mention mental health clinics designed specificaly for military veterans & their dependents. The Tampa VA hospital is their "home base" and is responsible for staffing and operational control of these facilities----there are at LEAST 5 of these "satellite" clinics and all are working well to the best of my knowledge.

If it can work here it can work EVERYWHERE! It's just a matter of $$$$$ & management and accountability. If we're turned over to some sort of "system" designed to function similarly as Medicare---WATCH OUT! You think there's problems NOW---You ain't seen NUTHIN YET! Not ONLY will you get the same, same with regards to "fraud" and Guvment "waste"---You'll also get UN-necessary medical procedures and treatment provided by GREEDY and unscrupulous doctors and hospital directors attempting to pump up sagging profit margins for their stockholders or crooked Boards of Directors.! (WHOOPS, I betcha thay ere gonna be
Republicans TOO!)
Be CAREFUL what you wish for----you just MAY get MORE than you bargin for my friends!

Also, Packo----Y'all "tip one" for me while you'un's ere solving all those problems old friend, I'll be a-thanking bout y'all whilest i'm-a down heanh in "tha land uv Fun & Sun" an kicking A$$ & raisin HELL tryin ta git thangs "fixed" frum this end, ya heanh!!

PS---Principi STILL "sucks"---even IF he IS a Vietnam Vet. He's "sold" his "soul" to the "company store"--if ya git mah drift!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2002, 09:54 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Cool An 18 month report card

Well personally Gimpy, I think you are right that medicare way and some other system probably would fatten some wallets.If given the "Proper funding" VA hospitals could work. Therein lies the problem. Neither Democrats or Republicans are funding them properly. How do we hold their feet to the fire? It may be working for you further South in Florida, but for us up here in the Panhandle who voted President Bush in, it isn't working...and in fact...it's working worse since he went in! How do you "splain "that? Boeing has lots of money and funding and other big business and corporations. Smell the rat? Follow the money and you'll see the truth.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote