The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Military Weapons

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2004, 02:30 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool thinking

Murph, Sparrow is right on. If there are lands and groves on the bullet it's pretty easy to determine which way it came out of the weapon. However, the beauty of a wad cutter is that often the round will come apart on entry, head shots in particular, thus there may not be enough of them left to make a match.

Sid, how many weapons are you going to let me shoot? Lt. told me not to take my own so it will be, "Can I try that?"

Always keep 200 rounds of 158 grain brass jacket hollow points for the .357 and the same number of rounds of 200 grain silver tip .44 hollow points. Just personal protection of course.

Hey, has anyone heard of the Street Sweeper? It's a 12 G. shot gun, semi, with a box mag that holds 8 rounds. Fired it once with 00 Buck, quite a weapon.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2004, 04:09 PM

Street sweeper is the only weapon I know that is illegal by State Law in Virginia. Sure there must be more but can't remember them right now.
Old 02-24-2004, 05:32 PM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Andy, all you can.

I think you would really like the model 29. I think I showed it to you when we were in Savannah. LT made me prommise that I wouild not start comparing bullet holes with you. You into long range rifles? I have a bolt action .223 that will shoot eggs at 500 yards and a 25-06 that will shoot beer cans at 800 yards. Any shooting needs to be done before the party, Alcohol + guns = bad JUJU.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:41 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default hey

Don't every even think about shooting after drinking. That's my line. Course I used to also say never drink till your done cleaning them, but I understand it will be "house rules" in Georgia.

Arty Sgt., Massachusetts in really up tight about weapons. However the street sweeper can be obtain by law enforcement. I tried to get an M-79, just for personal protection but the state said no. I can get a machinegun license but no thump gun, very sad.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 02-27-2004, 03:16 PM

I've got a class III for a silencer on a .22 pistol but even though I have the Federal Papers the Peoples Republic of New Jersey says it's ILLEGAL. So I've had to keep it in a Safe Deposit Box in a Bank in Pennsylvania.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:43 PM

Andy, too bad about the thump gun, you would have gotton a lot of attention from the bad guys if you'd been able to use it in your work. Had a sawed off 12 gage I used to carry in the patrol car, they see you real quick with one of these. Had to give it up to the Feds when I retired.