The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2002, 11:24 AM

Default I went to Khe Sahn(please read)

I did the tour of Khe Sahn from Hue.

Saw the Viet tunnels(little bastards),saw the Rockpile also. The runway is gone as is everything else(the Vietnamese ripped up everything). There is nothing there.

I saw whole tops of mountains blow away by the US Airforce, huge rice paddies that are mass graves. Unbelievable. Went to the war Museum the propaganda was ridiculous. Pictures of yokel okels standing next to downed US Fighters(F4īS)---caption read things like "this man shot down this fighter of imperialist US with this rifle"(M1 carbine)---crazy---total shite.

I put straight a couple of Swedes who were crying and comiserating with the Viet guides---total bollocks. I asked tricky questions like "How many North Vietnamese soldiers were killed in the war?"---they didnt like that. I shrugged :-)

I asked why do all Vietnamese want US$ when they fought against American Imperialism---they really didnt like that, ha i shrugged again. We laughed and the Swedes stared at us. They realised we hated the little suckers.

We had a great time in Vietnam though. Its cheap and the beaches great, we had sex with their girls and were smashed drunk most of the time.

I served in Bosnia and Northern Ireland but by God i wished i had served in Vietnam. I would change all my military life for one year in the 1st Air Cav.

ciao

Sgt Wayne Kenneth Smith(ret)
3rd Parachute Battalion
Her Majesties 1st Parachute Regiment
United Kingdom(currently on excursion in Brazil)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links