The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default United States vs America

After much investigation on the subject, It would seem that I was wr;;g, I was wrrrrro. I wasn't exactly right, Yea thats it.
Seems the declaration of independence is where the name of the country would have originated, before that we were part of England. So the first sentence of the Declaration says
"The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America"
The Constitution says United States of America at the beguine and at the end, all threw the middle the United States is only used.
Soooooo. It would seem that the United States was a tern to describe how the States felt about each other and America was the name. BUUUUUUT, In putting the thirteen united States in front of America and with no punctuation and the use of the word OF, would indicate the the actual name may not have beehat they wanted it to be. The actually named it "the thirteen united States of America"
Although the Americas are contenants, America is a country.
All who said America, were right and I wasn't right.
Ron
Ron
Sponsored Links