The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Military News > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2021, 11:04 AM

Arrow Crew members who perished aboard HMS Hood remembered in poignant assembly at Durness

Crew members who perished aboard HMS Hood remembered in poignant assembly at Durness Primary School - UK
By: Ali Morrison - The Northern Times - UK News - 05-24-21
Re: https://www.northern-times.co.uk/new...n-poig-239264/

Photo link: https://www.northern-times.co.uk/_me...S6CI71YKHE.jpg
Durness Primary School pupils with a picture of HMS Hood and the poster they created to honour the youngest crew member.

As part of their memorial tribute, pupils looked through the database of sailors who lost their lives aboard HMS Hood on May 24, 1941,
when the ship was sunk by the German battleship Bismark during the battle of the Denmark Strait in the North Atlantic.

Only three sailors out of the 1,418 strong crew survived.

The youngsters chose to pay a special tribute to the youngest crew member Arthur Hartley, both because of his age and because
one of the pupils has a brother with the same name.

They made a poster for the young sailor and offered up their thoughts and prayers.

Durness Primary School is planning to paint the Hood Stones in the autumn.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: These kids are alright by me. All around the world these kids - Great-Grand-Fathers - Grand-Fathers - Dads - Uncles
and Friends of the families - all know their history - and about the wars that have been fought by " by the many " all around the globe.
I made sure my Grand-Kids know what their freedom's cost - and so do all the kids around the globe - who also lost - friends - parents
- grand-parents and so many more. They are taught their Nation's history - both by living in it and the cost of their freedoms they
have and enjoy today.
-
Many kids in worn torn countries also know the cost of war! It's terrible to learn of these God awful things at such a young age -
but better to know your history now - then to be part of it!
-
I hope in the very near future all these kids (around the globe) will not have to suffer any military service. The world today has
become very unstable and waring amongst one another - only brings grief and loss.
-
So I say to you kids - know your countries history & your countries neighbors - be safe - learn all you can learn about everything
- and of course pray for those who are serving - so that they may come back to you and the others. Know your history and the
world's history as best you can - and find the good in it - and try to maintain a peaceful way of life - God Willing!
-
Your Friend - Da Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links