The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2010, 07:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Iranian Cleric: Promiscuous Women Cause Earthquakes

I'll save you the trouble of reading. He doesn't say where to meet these promiscuous women. Fred

Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes
By SCHEHEREZADE FARAMARZI (AP) – 1 hour ago
BEIRUT — A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric's unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.
"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.
Women in the Islamic Republic are required by law to cover from head to toe, but many, especially the young, ignore some of the more strict codes and wear tight coats and scarves pulled back that show much of the hair.
"What can we do to avoid being buried under the rubble?" Sedighi asked during a prayer sermon Friday. "There is no other solution but to take refuge in religion and to adapt our lives to Islam's moral codes."
Seismologists have warned for at least two decades that it is likely the sprawling capital will be struck by a catastrophic quake in the near future.
Some experts have even suggested Iran should move its capital to a less seismically active location. Tehran straddles scores of fault lines, including one more than 50 miles (80 kilometers) long, though it has not suffered a major quake since 1830.
In 2003, a powerful earthquake hit the southern city of Bam, killing 31,000 people — about a quarter of that city's population — and destroying its ancient mud-built citadel.
"A divine authority told me to tell the people to make a general repentance. Why? Because calamities threaten us," Sedighi said.
Referring to the violence that followed last June's disputed presidential election, he said, "The political earthquake that occurred was a reaction to some of the actions (that took place). And now, if a natural earthquake hits Tehran, no one will be able to confront such a calamity but God's power, only God's power. ... So let's not disappoint God."
The Iranian government and its security forces have been locked in a bloody battle with a large opposition movement that accuses Ahmadinejad of winning last year's vote by fraud.
Ahmadinejad made his quake prediction two weeks ago but said he could not give an exact date. He acknowledged that he could not order all of Tehran's 12 million people to evacuate. "But provisions have to be made. ... At least 5 million should leave Tehran so it is less crowded," the president said.
Minister of Welfare and Social Security Sadeq Mahsooli said prayers and pleas for forgiveness were the best "formulas to repel earthquakes."
"We cannot invent a system that prevents earthquakes, but God has created this system and that is to avoid sins, to pray, to seek forgiveness, pay alms and self-sacrifice," Mahsooli said.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Wink

I had one of those in Bangkok , was lucky to just hold on , must have registered a 8.2 , at least
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:08 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I've got room in my house for a couple of those promiscuous women. I'm willing to do my part to help the poor oppressed people of Iran!
Old 04-20-2010, 05:51 AM

Hey! Isn't it about time that an earthquake hit SoCal? Lots of promiscius women out there! Come to think of it, if that Iranian Cleric is right, Philadelphia is due to be flattened by tremors.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Red face The whole world would be gone by now!

Yes there are some overly zealous women in this world. I've crossed a few of their paths in my lifetime - some are really scary - I get a bit intiminated by aggressive women. It's like I lost control or something - if you know what I mean.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

We don't have earthquakes in East Tennessee. Up till now I have been glad of that fact. And no, the Bristol race does not qualify as an earthquake.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'm moving away from here.

Going to the Bible Belt, where promiscuous women are thrown in jail.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Smile He he, what jail is that?

As I recall, the infamous horndog "Elmer Gantry" didn't let the southern bible belt interupt his concept of what religous ferver was supposed to all about; that is according to Elmer, anyway. And no such thing as a free lunch; Eastern Tennessee is smack dab in the middle of tornado alley and those bad boy winds can pluck a big old oak tree out of the ground like a carrot. If the Ayatolla were to know about that, I'm sure the lovely lasses of Eastern Tenessee would be catching some serious scoldings, etc.

By the way, we are at the anneversary date of the 1906 SF earthquake, the real big one. I don't want to even know what was going on with the SF lasses at the time, but it must have been something to behold, I mean really behold. And of course these days SF is noted for it's inherrent piety and chaste ways. Ha, don't have to tell them folks twice, right.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Knock on coco plam log, no reports of earthquakes coming from Palalu Island, PI. I'm not into guilt trips, necessarly, but just in case, I'll fess up now. It was all my fault, I done it; me and just a taste of some fine Red Horse beer. Mind you, just a taste, no more than that.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM

Now you know why she said "I felt the earth move".