The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2005, 07:22 AM
Robert J Ryan

Default This might be chicken sh*t I don't know

Did you know the Army now calls MOS 11B a Land Warrior. 11B's where Light Weapons Infantryman. Are they trying to entice new recruits by calling them Warriors. I was a Grunt, and I liked that term. I know that we are considered Warriors who fought. But to change the term of an MOS just to intice recruits is something else. Just call me grunt that' fine with me.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2005, 07:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Maybe they won't have to do river crossings or anything that will get them wet? LOL!

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:42 AM

Here's what I pulled down -

Army Enlisted Job Descriptions and Qualification Factors
From Rod Powers,
Your Guide to U.S. Military.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!

11B--Infantryman
Major duties. Note: MOS 11H, and MOS 11M, have been merged into MOS 11B. In addition to the duties listed below, MOS 11B soldiers now also perform the duties of 11H and 11M.

The infantryman supervises, leads, or serves as a member of an infantry activity that employs individual or crew served weapons in support of offensive and defensive combat opera tions. Duties for MOS 11B at each level of skill are:

(1) Skill Level 1. Assists in the performance of reconnaissance operations. Employs, fires, and recovers anti-personnel and anti-tank mines. Locates and neutralizes mines. Operates, mounts/dismounts, zeros, and engages targets using night vision sight. Operates and maintains communications equipment and operates in a radio net. Operates in a NBC contaminated area. Constructs field expedient firing aids for infantry weapons. Performs as a member of a fire team during a movement to contact, reconnaissance, and security, an attack, defense, situational training exercises and all infantry dismounted battle drills. Processes prisoners of war and captured documents.

(2) Skill Level 2. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Leads an infantry team in combat operations, providing tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and professional support to both superiors and subordinates in the accomplishment of their duties. Leads, supervises, and trains subordinate personnel. Calls for and adjusts indirect fire. Evaluates terrain and selects weapon emplacement. Controls organic fires. Installs and recovers anti-handing devices on anti-tank mines and electrical and non-electrical demolition charges. Supervises construction of hasty fortifications and re ceipt, storage, and issue of ammunition. Records operational information on maps. Receives and implements combat orders, di rects deployment of personnel in offensive, defensive, and retro grade operations. Requests, observes, and adjusts direct supporting fire. Evaluates terrain and supervises the emplacement of sighting and firing all assigned weapons. Uses maps and map overlays, performs intersection and resection, and determines elevation and grid azimuths. Leads a fire team during a movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack, defense, situational training exercises, and all infantry dismounted battle drills.

(3) Skill Level 3. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Leads an infantry squad and/or a reconnaissance (scout) team during combat operations. Supervises tactical deployment of as signed element in offensive, defensive, and retrograde operations. Provides tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and profes sional support to both subordinates and superiors in the accomplish ment of their duties. Receives and issues orders. Coordinates action of the element with adjacent and support elements and organic and supporting fire power. Ensures collection and proper reporting of intelligence data to unit. Adjusts aerial fire support. Analyzes ter rain. Conducts tactical operations for a squad, operations of a patrol base, and NBC operations. Maintains operational security. Prepares, operates, and maintains secure communications equipment. Leads a squad during movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack, defense situational training exercises, and all infantry dis mounted battle drills.

(4) Skill Level 4. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Supervises an infantry or reconnaissance (scout) platoon in combat operations and intelligence information gathering. Leads a platoon during a movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack defense, situational training exercises, and all infantry dismounted battle drills. Provides tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and professional support to both subordinates and su periors in the accomplishmment of their duties. Supervises the occu- pation of an assembly area. Employs NBC defensive teams. Plans for, supervises preparation of, and conducts NBC operations. Per forms battle damage assessment. Develops a platoon training plan.

(5)Skill Level 5. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Supervises an infantry company in combat. Plans, coordinates, supervises, and participates in activities pertaining to organization, training, combat operations, and intelligence of units at battalion or higher. Provides tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and professional support to both subordinates and superiors in the ac complishment of their duties. Serves as the principal noncommissioned officer in an infantry company; supervising the processing of operations and intelligence information in an infantry battalion or higher level unit.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 11-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Well I guess we can do away with

All other MOS titles it seems the land warrior can do it all, Radio, Artillery FO, EOD. Was reading the level 5 and just wondering other than the SF anyone ever see an E8 or 9 in the field. I really like the part about giving support to subordinates and superiors. My Sgt gave me some good advice. OK Lt (2lt) sit down shut up and listen and maybe you will live until morning, otherwise just shoot yourself now and save me the trouble later. (1LT) Trung Wi You think we should bush em here or down further I think we should... (CPT) Shut up and listen to the Cpt asshole, I taught him everything he knows if he says shit you squat and ask how much.

35 years later. Hey Cpt you remember when you had the bodies moved out of the morgue so we could cool the pallet of Bud we acquired. The Morgue part is a true story, SMG James Farrell. Then MSG, Ban Me Thout CCS.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

RJ

I don't see what your refering to on any of the Army web sites.

11B MOS is Infantryman on the GoArmy site.

The term Light Weapons Infantryman is not a term for the 11B MOS. It's a TOE. On an company roster dated Aug. 1969 that I have from Vietnam there's a lot of TOE's associated with those of us with an 11B MOS. There's Light Weapons Infantryman,as you stated but also Grenadier, Ammo Bearer, Auto Rifleman (M-60 Gunner), Assistant Gunner and RTO.

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 11-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Robert J Ryan

I know that 11B is a light weapons infantrymna, on recruting posters, and pictures of infantryman, the caption "land warrior is showing up, didn't mean to say mos was being called land warrior now.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:12 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Boats :

Do you have a website link for that info ?

Thanks.

Larry
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE Boats :

Do you have a website link for that info ?

Thanks.

Larry
http://usmilitary.about.com/

Same site I go to for about any military info...