The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2004, 06:13 PM

Default Military Career

Col. Super Scout,

I thank you for the report on you and Lt. Bush . But most of all on your Nationa Guad career. There is a lot of difference in your's and the few months of Lt. Bush..

In your post you mentioned. quote: Lt. Bush did not go to Vietnam, blame Pres. Johnson and Sec. of Defense Robert S. McNamdra, not lowly Lt. Bush. They deliberately avoided use of the Guard and Reserves for domestic Political calculations.; unquote.
I think George H.W. Bush, congressman from Houston knew the situation that Pres. Johnson (himself from Texas) would not use the Guard in Vietnam. Therefore, George W. Bush could join the National Guard and be safe from any combat duty in 'Nam.
And I must say, many others avoided and did the same thing.

I will not take me long to recap my Navy career.
Entered. Aviation Cadet School De. 1949
Completed. Naval Flight Training. Sept. 1950.
Carrier & Gunnery School. 3 Months.
Multi-Engine Jet Fleet Aircraft School. One month.
Aircraft Check- Out Training. 3 weeks.
Completed all Training. Mar. 1951.
Duty Assignment.
April 1951 Sent to WestPac/Korea CVG-102
VC-61 Det. N. USS BonHomme Richard CV-31 Korea waters from
May 28, 1951-Oct.30, 1951.
Duty Assignment.
USS BonHomme Richard CV-31 CVG-7 WestPac/Korea.
VC-61 Det. N. Korea waters from Jun.21, 1952-Nov.8, 1952.

Duty Assignment.
CVG-15 WestPac/Korea. USS Princeton CV-37 VC-61 Det. D.
Mar. 14, 1952-Sept. 14, 1953

Total: 177 Missions Korea Flying F9F2 Panthers and F2H-2 Banshee jets.

Plus 11 years Stationed Guam, Bangkok, Thailand, Barbers Point, Hawaii, NAS. San Diego, NAS Atsugi, Japan.

WestPac/Vietnam.
May 5, 1964-Feb.1, 1965
USS Constellation CVA-64 CVW-14 VF-144 A-4C Aircraft.
WestPac/Vietnam.
Sept. 28, 1965-May 13, 1966
USS Ticonderga CVA-14 CVW-5 VF-144 A-4C Aircraft.

Total: 37 Missions. North Vietman.

1974 Retired as Captain U.S. Navy.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2004, 05:39 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Skeeter

Captain. Anyone that pilots an A-4 has to have some snap. You can't be as stupid as some of your post indicate.
A Honorable Discharge is all any service man or women has to show. And The NG is a very inportant part of our military, if it wasn't they wouldn't be there.
Step back, look at the picture again, your on the wrong side, Captain. SIR.

Ron
Old 02-17-2004, 06:07 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SS

There aren't a lot of people in this world that impress me, But what you just wrote (record) im impressed.
I met Hummphry one time in Dominican Republic, He came and pinned some metals on some of our unit guys, that day I made E-4 and was with our LT. as we met with Hummphry. My point, Hummphry is also impressive.
It's really to bad that some people have to defend themselfs way beyond what the acusere have to, ie. Honorable discharge, President Bush has one, that should be all any military person would require to see.
You keep defending the Republicans and I'll keep reading.

Ron
Old 02-17-2004, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

You keep reading alright. It's just that you only "see" what you want to.........NOT the TRUTH!

But, don't worry........I'll keep on sending it to you!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:52 AM

Default "Stupid" ?

39mto39g;

I take it you hold yourself at a higher standard than most people.
I, and many others have only listen, read, and understand there was only one person that could be classified as having a higher standard, and he was nailed to a cross. And I may be wrong, but you don't quite meet the level he performed.

I also find the vast majority of the people in this country show some degree of stupity, more so when it comes to logic.. Others perform well without a higher educated background, and some have the best education, yet still show they don't know what it's all about.

In my many years dealing with individuals, I have had to come down to their level to communicate. Some I reach, some never get it, and I suppose that be the case here the best way I can express it to you.
Old 02-17-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Skeeter

I didn't say you were stupid, On the contrary, I say You can't be that stupid. Kinda like your first paragraph of your last post. I guess you want me to agree with you that I and Jesus are on the same playing field, Well, Im gona have to dissagree.

And you last paragraph, you said

" In my many years dealing with individuals, I have had to come down to their level to communicate"

You had to come down to there level? Are you kidding?, You must think your Jesus father. I think not. But maybe you don't get it.

Ron
Old 02-17-2004, 03:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default NAW

He "gets it" alright!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 02-18-2004, 03:25 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Methinks you were a hair rough on Skeeter there Ron. I understand (maybe) though...

Skeeter's a good guy, like you.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:07 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue

Quite the contrary, I think that Ron was right on target! The banal and condescending attitude as evidenced by some deserve a well-placed shot-group of retort. And in case any squids don't understand that, kindly let me know, and I'll explain it.

And skeeter, for the record, my career spanned Army National Guard, seven + years on active duty, two tours in Vietnam as a infantry commander, psyops advisor and other cute titles, and 20+ years back in the Guard and Army Reserve. I will not bore you my awards and decorations.

To allude that Congressman Bush had any influence over the decisions of LBJ regarding the war in Vietnam is to exercise evidence of delusional mouth-foaming. George 41's son, like many others who enlisted in the reserve components, served honorably, and if any want to deny that fact, they are simply delusional. LBJ's decision not to use the reserve components very much are to his eternal damnation, an stunning epitath to his enduring stupidity.

And no, its no mystery why GWB stopped flying, if any one is capable of reading, understanding military training budgets, or terms of obligations of service.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-19-2004, 12:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Well, Ron's on target as usual, just a tad hard on a certain part of the delivery is all I was suggesting...I'm not referring to talking points.