The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2004, 04:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Grab the Hammer

"... And I suppose the President has suffered enough for his influence on the American people..." This is an apology? Sounds like your continuing indictment to me. Letting the biting of tongues and the smashing of finger tips begin.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2004, 06:12 AM

Default Medical Journal IS Correct!

SS;

Remember I said, those that are narrow between the eyes, and has a small brain pan, are mostly unable to understand the pressures of life.. Why is it, you keep coming to the top of the list?

I notice is the late 60's and early 70's that some (few)of the military men had a difficult time dealing with disobedience. I contributed it to the fact they did not get the rigorous training.. This may be the case with you, since you started in the National Guard, and didn't get the regular Army(or what ever type) basic training.
However, giving the fact you did spend (and I will lighten the word..spend) those many years in there, maybe that in the reason the military is a lot better today after your retirement.

Now I'm going to wait till after I make this post to cut the snide remarks, so here I go with the best for you.. "some may say you are about as worthless as tits on a boar hog"
Old 02-21-2004, 10:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default skeeter

[With abject apologies to the more senior memebers of this forum.]

Since you are rather new around here, kindly let me formally introduce myself: after my initial enlistment, I successfully completed Basic Combat Training at Ft. Polk, undergoing the same lovely training, food, conditions, Drill Sergeants etc. as my regular Army, and draftee buddies. Because of my leadership skills, I was appointed an acting sergeant, and had the same field duties as the first sergeant. The next year, I successfully completed Officer Candidate School, conducted by [gasp!!] Regular Army officers and NCO's; very soon after that, I volunteered for active duty with the Army, yes, [gasp!!] the regular one. My "rigorous training," if you can call it that, included OCS, the Infantry Officers Basic Course, and Jungle Warfare School. all conducted by Regular Army officers and NCO's. I served over 7 years on active duty, including two tours in Vietnam as an infantry officer, being wounded twice officially, and was ultimately awarded the Combat Infantryman's Badge, the Distinguished Service Cross, 3 Bronze Star Medals with "V" device, 2 Air Medals, 2 Purple Hearts, 4 Army Commendation Medals with "V" device, and a bunch of other stuff. I successfuly completed the Armor Officers Advanced Course, the Command and General Staff College, the Tactical Commanders Development Course, and the Observer/Controller Combat Readiness Course. When I retired, I was also awarded the Legion of Merit, and a nice sterling silver tray, presented by a [gasp!!] Regular Army officer.

And golly gee, maybe the Army is a lot better off since my retirement. Having never understood, much less having been subjected to the pressures of life, I stand in humble learning posture to one who is so exalted. I just hope and pray that my service, and awards and decorations, as indicated above are sufficient for me to be in the same room with you.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-21-2004, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Scout,

No apology necessary. None at all. You "did good". You must not have any Irish in you. If someone spoke to me in like manner David would have had tobannish me to military.com for a year.

Mi Casa essu Casa

Arrow>>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 02-21-2004, 02:00 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Mr.Skeeter

I am not saying this in defence of SuperScout,because he has plenty of artillary to take care of that himself.I would warn you,however to be very careful with what you say around here regarding another`s military service,as this type of denigration will NOT be tolerated!

Peace,Griz
Old 02-21-2004, 02:48 PM

Default Well

WHOOP-DE-DO!
Old 02-21-2004, 03:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Oh well, fair warning was duly given... and will not be supplied again.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Darlin' Sis

Aye, lassie, not only do I possess a strain or three of good Irish blood, more importantly, I have the likes of Highlanders coursing through me veins. And you know that us kilt wearing lads know when to do a smart about-face, and "salute" the inferior types, as demonstrated amply in "Braveheart!"

Once upon atime, I was visiting Scotland, and participating in a Scottish festival of history, pagentry and customs, dressed in full regalia as befitting my clan. A lovelier slight in my kilt and paraphenalia was hard to behold! After one lengthy ceremony, we retired to a nearby establishment that served copious helpings of the nectar of the gods, single malt whiskey, and I was force to consume enough to drown several squids. Not wanting to drive to my inn in such mellow condition, I decided to take a snooze on the grass beside where my car was parked.

After a two-hour nap, I awakened to find a rather constricted feeling around my private parts, and upon lifting my kilt, saw that two nearby, giggling lassies had tied a blue ribbon around the most apparent member! I remarked to him, "I don't know where you've been, laddie, but it looks like we've won First Prize!"

Old 02-22-2004, 01:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Fer cryin' out loud Scout, DO NOT lift that damn kilt!
Old 02-23-2004, 04:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sir Blue or is it Bleu?

Too late!! The sea's been mooned!