The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Iraqi Freedom

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2008, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation "the war is over and we won:"

"THE WAR IS OVER AND WE WON:" Michael Yon just phoned from Baghdad, and reports that things are much better than he had expected, and he had expected things to be good. "There's nothing going on. I'm with the 10th Mountain Division, and about half of the guys I'm with haven't fired their weapons on this tour and they've been here eight months. And the place we're at, South Baghdad, used to be one of the worst places in Iraq. And now there's nothing going on. I've been walking my feet off and haven't seen anything. I've been asking Iraqis, 'do you think the violence will kick up again,' but even the Iraqi journalists are sounding optimistic now and they're usually dour." There's a little bit of violence here and there, but nothing that's a threat to the general situation. Plus, not only the Iraqi Army, but even the National Police are well thought of by the populace. Training from U.S. toops has paid off, he says, in building a rapport.

He says the big problem everybody is talking about now is corruption. But hey, we have that here, too. He'll be heading to Afghanistan next week. "Afghanistan is a bad situation, but on Iraq I can't believe things have turned out so well."

He thinks that Obama will be able to pull troops out, and send some to Afghanistan, without creating problems in Iraq. Michael will be reporting from Afghanistan soon, and sending back video, so stay tuned. Things aren't going swimmingly there.

http://www.pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2008, 04:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Outstanding Video Just Added! Michael Yon In Iraq: “We Won”

November 14th, 2008 Posted By drillanwr.

(Local Iraqi children pose for the camera while taking part in festivities during a ribbon cutting ceremony for a newly installed micro-power generator in Muhallah 137, Sheikh Umar, eastern Baghdad, Iraq, on Nov. 9, 2008. Photo by Staff Sgt. James Selesnick - MNFI)

Despite the democrats and RINOs in our own Congress … Despite the celebrity class of our society … Despite Hollywood’s failed attempts to depict this war and our brave troops as mindless, bloodthirsty thugs raping and pillaging innocent people in an innocent country … Despite the MSM that refused to report on the war and the troops in a professional and unbiased manner to actually get the facts out about the war to the deserving American people, and the deserving troops … Despite ALL these people who have the blood of over 4000 brave men and women on their hands, and the extremely altered lives of those wounded in this war on their shoulders, WE WON!

(Iraqi Police and U.S. Airmen from Detachment 3, 732nd Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, 716th Military Police Battalion, 18th MP Brigade conduct a walking patrol down Spruce Street handing out flags, leaflets and hanging signs in the Saydiyah community of southern Baghdad, Iraq, Nov. 8, 2008. The IP and Coalition forces Police Transition Team use the walking patrols to develop a common trust between the citizens in the neighborhood and the police force which have proven effective as security situations continue to improve in Baghdad. Photo by Petty Officer 2nd Class Todd Frantom. - MNFI)
Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit receives this word from Michael Yon:
“THE WAR IS OVER AND WE WON:” Michael Yon just phoned from Baghdad, and reports that things are much better than he had expected, and he had expected things to be good. “There’s nothing going on. I’m with the 10th Mountain Division, and about half of the guys I’m with haven’t fired their weapons on this tour and they’ve been here eight months. And the place we’re at, South Baghdad, used to be one of the worst places in Iraq. And now there’s nothing going on. I’ve been walking my feet off and haven’t seen anything. I’ve been asking Iraqis, ‘do you think the violence will kick up again,’ but even the Iraqi journalists are sounding optimistic now and they’re usually dour.” There’s a little bit of violence here and there, but nothing that’s a threat to the general situation. Plus, not only the Iraqi Army, but even the National Police are well thought of by the populace. Training from U.S. toops has paid off, he says, in building a rapport.
He says the big problem everybody is talking about now is corruption. But hey, we have that here, too. He’ll be heading to Afghanistan next week. “Afghanistan is a bad situation, but on Iraq I can’t believe things have turned out so well.”
He thinks that Obama will be able to pull troops out, and send some to Afghanistan, without creating problems in Iraq. Michael will be reporting from Afghanistan soon, and sending back video, so stay tuned. Things aren’t going swimmingly there.

(Marines of Company F, 2nd Bn., 9th Marines stand in formation during a celebration of the Marine Corps? 233rd birthday, Nov. 10. Marines of 2nd Bn., 9th Marines celebrated the birthday with Iraqi police aboard Camp Ramadi, Nov. 11. The Mayor Latif was the guest of honor at the ceremony. Photo by Lance Cpl. Jerry Murphy. - MNFI)
Me: No doubt Obama and the dems in Congress will take credit for this … probably in the form of “See! We knew we could pull the troops out without problems or an increase in violence … We weren’t needed here At all.”
Those of us who actually faithfully followed this war with open eyes and open hearts knew it would be tough, and some would pay all. And Iraq is far from perfect. They stand on a keystone to the rest of the Middle East. Hopefully, and prayerfully, they will be able to continue to build a functioning nation that can care for itself and its people, and join the rest of the civilized world. Who knows … Perhaps someday they will have their own “Hollywood” and MSM that is free to shit all over the country’s leaders and working class citizens.
Christ knows they have already had their unfair share of Bill Ayers running around the last several years blowing shit and people up in order to fight civility and peace.
Thank you, men and women of the United States military, and those in the militaries of our Coalition friends who made great sacrifices as well.
Thank you, Pres. Bush …

http://patdollard.com/2008/11/michae...n-iraq-we-won/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote