The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2003, 08:21 AM

Default Wow! What happened over the weekend?!

I showed up a couple of times at the saloon - but wanted to save all of the 'meat' of the forums for while I would be at work today.

And today I see that the HATE bomb went off this weekend!

We even have one recently joined member trying to depart the site forever as a result! And maybe a few others following suit.

I hesititate to write anything as I want to keep my opinions mainly to myself as in my youth I lack the wisdom to form them properly through inexperience... I will TRY to keep this neutral and point out only a couple of thoughts:

First off - MOST all of the people who are active in this forum has joined out of interests rooted in the SAME set of goals... the issues that came up are not because people want different things - but that they want to take different routes to get there!

Second - those claiming freedom to say what they want: they have it! But must remember that everyone else here through the same freedoms to retaliate.

Third - What makes this forum the quality joint that it is rests in ONE major factor: Variety. I mention the similarity above... and now must mention the opposite: That we have advocates for turning the other cheek, advocates for an eye for an eye; Americans, Canadians, Australians, and I'm sure other countries represented; men, women; Coasties, Soldiers, Marines, Airmen and Seamen; Vets, Active Duty, Patriotic people not in service, and an occassional kid who dreams of Being All He Can Be.... and so many other dichotemies represented is what makes this place great. Except for the occassional obvious member that needs to be sent packing - sovietpiolate (liar)... don't chase anyone off! But don't walk on egg shells either.

Fourth - I DO have an opinion that is very one-sided on the debate that this is in reaction to. AND I desperately want to add it on... but it's been said a few times already any way....BUT the parties I disagree with happen to be a few people that I have a GREAT amount of respect for... and it will continue no matter what they say... an opinion represents only what a person thinks, not the actual person in character, personality, or any of the other intangible items that make up who we are.

Fifth - a general note to EVERYONE here: You are all great people... I don't just say that... I don't just say anything, and I NEVER kiss ass - I really mean what I've said here several times - I initially came here seeking a counter-example of all my aspirations as to what my military career could be... I expected to find broken souls, stories of missing limbs, lost brothers, lost minds, dead buddies, a life of nightmares after killing with bare hands.... and I found it all - over and over... but the way the stories were told, the messages behind the messages, the pride, the faith, the commitment, the love, the EVERYTHING ELSE - only reaffirmed that I was doing the right thing... the only appropriate maxims I can come up with is the final nail... but that damn well better be inappropriate to my life in the Army!

Seriously though - please try to see that EVERYONE here wants the same things... they just see different ways of getting there! Some times my best buddy in the world, my brother, REALLY pissed me off - but we ALWAYS can move beyond it - and even support each other in what we think and do, even if we disagree.

Blood is Thicker Than Water... but brotherhood beats the crap out of both, and has nothing to do with blood.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links