Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2003, 05:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What They Said Over the Weekend :

http://www.lucianne.com/

What They Said Over the Weekend:
"To think that we have come down dangerous alleys, that we have traveled through the backwoods of terror, that we have survived beatings, been shot down in cold blood doesn't give you the right to call your mama a whore." - Rev. Al Sharpton to rap artists who write and sing lyrics that denigrate women.

"Bush hasn't lifted a finger. I will move mountains." - John Kerry, in full Moses mode, speaking on unemployment.

``Arnold, I gathered, was by no means a dummy.'' - Freelancer Peter Manso, who wrote the now infamous Oui magazine interview with Schwarzenegger.

"This president respects one thing and only one thing above all else - wealth." - John Edwards, multimillionaire tort lawyer and Olsen twin look-alike, now in fifth place among dem candidates.

"He has precisely the right experience to be president." - Current Gov. Gray Davis speaking of former two-term governor of Vermont (now jobless) Howard Dean.

(Fun Facts from pro-Dean website: Dean's nickname is "Ho-Ho." His favorite movie is "Bullworth" and favorite book is Ken Kesey's "Sometimes a Great Notion.")

"Cruz Bustamante is on automatic transmission, the gears shift and you can't hear it, meaning he's done it smoothly and without a sudden jolt. He simply and quietly drops the 'no on recall' message." - Jack Pitney, a government professor at Claremont McKenna College on no recall - no Gov. Bustamante.

"I wish he'd say to my face what he says behind my back." - Howard Dean on how he felt about John Kerry not attacking him during the first debate.

"You shouldn't be governor unless you can pronounce the name of the state." - Gov. Gray Davis who refers to his opponent as "the actor."

"I think history will show that this field has taken presidential discourse to a new low," - Ed Gillespie, chairman of the Republican National Committee, on "Meet the Press."

"Have a great start to the week." - Your LComStaff.