The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2003, 05:29 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

"It is also unfortunate that harassment of various kinds (including shootings, beatings, stone throwing, robberies, vandalism, death threats and hate language) has occurred against innocent Muslims resident in the United States ? the elderly, women and children alike. In addition, Islamic places of worship and Muslim owned businesses have now become the targets of some peoples? anger and ignorance, just as the American people had become the targets of the anger and ignorance of the perpetrators of the World Trade Center attacks. Such bigotry and hatred is inhumane and unjustified."

It is also not the norm. You are making good points but taking them to the extreme. I rather doubt that any of the regular posters on this board that I know personally would act in such a manner. People thoughout this country in each and every city including those in authority and those within the churches went out of their way to stress kindness and understanding towards the people of Islam in their communities. I know in my city it was absolutely not tolerated. The acts of kindness are never measured in the media in the way those of ignorance are broadcast they go unseen for the most part. Maybe you should start looking at the glass as more than half full than half empty Sara. God Bless the good people of these United States.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2003, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Islam is billed as being a religion of peace but that seems to be an aspiration and not a reality. On any given Friday the Clerics in Saudi Arabia can be heard screaming for blood from the pulpit. As well, virtual oceans of blood have been spilled in the never-ending war of succession between the two main sects of Islam. My take is that Moslems will be at peace when there is no one left for them to hate. I?m jaded on this topic; I?ve spent too much time around that religion to be anything but suspicious, watchful and very cautious. So maybe I should just keep still.

Scamp
Old 06-03-2003, 09:03 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Been There Done That

When you have spent time among the Muslims in a Muslim country things are different. Muslims knew that the United States with its religious freedom would not accept Conservative Muslim Faith as Practiced by the Muslims in the rest of the world.

Fact, Muslims do not tolerate freedom of religion or speech in Muslim countries. If you are a Christian you must practice secretly in the confines of your home. If you are discovered to be a practicing Christian - persecution will come upon you. Beatings, killings, isolation, poisonings, etc wait those who proclaim to be Christian in a Muslim State. Now I know this first hand because I have been there and talked with those who suffered such persecution. The persecution that came upon Muslims after 9 -11 was mild - very mild compared to what Christians around the world suffer everyday under the name of the Muslim Religion. And, if you as an American Muslim want to have a pity party you should go to Iran, Algeria, Niger, Chad, Saudia Arabia, etc and see how the few Christians in these nations suffer. The ultimate hypocrisy is crying about the suffering from being Muslim in the United States if you weren't serious it would be a joke and provide a good laugh.

Muslim clerics around the world are crying hatred and destruction against the Jews and America. And they aren't violent! You need to be better informed about your faith Saraja.

Keith
Old 06-03-2003, 09:16 AM

It is always amazing to me that all "Religions Spokesman Know What Is On Gods Mind". I believe in God as well as I believe someone made the watch on my arm , God made the universe.
I also believe that God will explain how wrong we were here on earth when we die and then we will receive the "Truth and The Light." Free Will, is Gods gift to man and that means worship how you want to, do what you want to, but be prepared to answer for a period of time called eternity!
Old 06-03-2003, 09:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

True story Keith, you have that right. A Bible or religious tract can get a person in a world of hurt in any number of Islamic countries. Mostly, countries like Saudi Arabia will just boot ya out after a session of being bitched at, insulted and maybe switched by the Religious Police. In more primitive areas it?s the luck of the draw as to what can happen. Some of those Mullahs can get real nasty and violent if they feel like they can get away with it and no ones watching. My first criterion in judging the veracity of a Religion is to see how they treat members of their own faith. If that doesn?t pass muster then the rest is irrelevant as far as I?m concerned. Islam doesn?t even get out of the starting blocks on this issue, not even close. Though, I haven?t observed how American Moslems go about their deal and maybe they have a milder approach towards their brethren, I don?t know.

Scamp
Old 06-03-2003, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Question Milder Approach

Malcom X was killed by his own when he pulled out of the Nation of Islam. Elijah Muhammad the leader allegedly had him killed. Even among U.S. Muslims it is recognized that it was an internal fight for power. [I always got a kick out Elijah Muhammad, using a good Jewish and Christian Name for his first name.]

Of course in Christians haven't always treated each other very nice either, especially in the Middle Ages and during the Reformation.

Keith
Old 06-03-2003, 10:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well..

go online with Google and call up the Koran and do a few searches..not very "peaceful"...any "religion" that does not allow others to practice their religious faith in true peace is far from "peaceful".. The Muslim faith is based on death, destruction,
and paranoia..the Koran says so...and its followers prove it, every day...

Larry
Old 06-03-2003, 12:53 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

It?s a bit of a paradox, but during the middle ages when European Christians were busily chopping each other to bits it was the Arabs that were the gatekeepers of science and medicine and concepts like Al Gebra (the joining) came forth. One day I?ll get busy and try to figure out what force or forces stopped that once progressive culture in it?s tracks and seems to have them frozen and locked into in medieval times. I think I have a good idea but we?ll see what turns up.

Scamp
Old 06-03-2003, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp It?s a bit of a paradox, but during the middle ages when European Christians were busily chopping each other to bits it was the Arabs that were the gatekeepers of science and medicine and concepts like Al Gebra (the joining) came forth. One day I?ll get busy and try to figure out what force or forces stopped that once progressive culture in it?s tracks and seems to have them frozen and locked into in medieval times. I think I have a good idea but we?ll see what turns up.
Scamp
Oh, oh, oh.....Pick me, pick me!

I think the answer lies in Mohammad. Once he changed the Arabs pagan religion to Islam, that's when they took a giant squat in the sands of time, and refused to budge.
Just a guess on my part.
Old 06-03-2003, 04:20 PM

I never really cared who believed in what as long as it wasn't forced upon me. Religion is whatever you think is right and then t live by those rules. That's why there are so many religions. If it doesn't suit you - change the rules until its something you can live with. I've seen this too many times.

Believe in what you want - its your right - but don't preach it to those who for whatever reason may or may not want to walk on that path.

I'm one of those who believes all have the right to pray in their own way. To discuss or pratice your religion on a web site for whatever purpose can not really produce the results your are trying to impose.

Everyone of us has walked many miles in their own shoes. Each of us has the opportunity to walk one way or the other. How we interrupt or understand ourselves is really issue. Regrettably some use religion as a crutch and I'm sure the All Mighty doesn't want us to call on him for things that we have control over.

It's something I've thought about for along time. Each of us makes our own path in life and how we live it and we exchange or interact amongest ourselves decides on how others will interact or judge us.

I won't argue with anyone over religion. It's a personal thing and it means something different to almost everyone. It's like ten people watching a movie and once its over at two or three will have different opinions about what they just saw. It's nuts.

I wish all the sick and the poor did not have to suffer. I wish everyone good will. That's all I can do.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"