Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2005, 11:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Coulter Admits She's 'Not a Big Fan of the First Amendment'

Coulter Admits She's 'Not a Big Fan of the First Amendment'

Editor and Publisher | October 25 2005

NEW YORK Newspaper columnist Ann Coulter confessed that she's "not a big fan of the First Amendment" during an Oct. 20 speech in Florida, according to a Oct. 21 story in the Independent Florida Alligator.

The article -- linked on BradBlog.com -- also noted that Coulter "criticized the media for being liberal and Democrats for whining about their rights under the First Amendment. 'They're always accusing us of repressing their speech,' she said. 'I say let's do it. Let's repress them.'"

Many of the more than 800 people in the audience applauded Coulter's remarks, according to the Alligator story. The article said attendees paid between $25 and $75 to hear the conservative pundit -- with the money going to the Alachua County Republican Party, which paid Coulter $30,000 to speak.

The Universal Press Syndicate columnist also called the Iraq War "a magnificent success," according to the story.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default The press

Larry,

I?ll bet you?ve never been the target of a newspaper. Yes, I agree we should have free speech but there is a difference between use and abuse. Being a conservative there are a lot of, ?I can say anything I want? people who have gone after her - some with good reason. Like most everything else it really isn?t a total black and white thing.

In my very limited small town experience, once many years ago I arrested a guy for making bomb threats to a local high school. He was/is the son of the owner for the local newspaper. It?s amazing how easy it is to put a slant on stories when the writer has pre-determined who the bad guy is. The amazing part is you can do a hell of a job of it without going over the line to slander.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

If she said this, it is disgusting.

Larry
Old 10-27-2005, 06:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What

Larry said!............with EMPHASIS added!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:11 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Ann

I love to eat Cow.
Sacred Cow is my favorite.
Free press is a Sacred Cow.
Ann Coulter is not.

Come on guys she has a sense of humor. What she said was mostly tongue in cheek. I was being more serious. And for a good reason.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 10-28-2005, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Ann

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy I love to eat Cow.
Sacred Cow is my favorite.
Free press is a Sacred Cow.
Ann Coulter is not.

Come on guys she has a sense of humor. What she said was mostly tongue in cheek. I was being more serious. And for a good reason.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Andy:
Head in ass is better metaphor than tongue in cheek.
I saw her on tv say: liberals are liars cowards and traitors. Every other thing she ever said was equally insulting--its her shtick:
How can you possibly be more insulting than that--every Democrat veteran you evr knew-and there was many-- was insulted by that and she MEANT it to insult them in the most vile maner she could. There's no humor in it, she does it because Faux media gives her a national soapbox and she has no worries about getting hit back. Thats nothing but chickenshit to slam people when they can't hit back and she made a fortune doing it!.
This woman has said that the best way to talk to a liberal is with a basball bat--think thats funny? think she wanted to chase fungoes with liberals? Guess what? The best way to talk to Ann Coulter is with a 9mm pressed up against what passes for her brain. Haha thats a funny joke too.
Basically do you want to stand with her or me Gimpy, frisco and every other Dem/lib veteran you know? You can't be our friend and let that stand. Anybody who stands with her is The Enemy. You can't say--or let be said--that kind of stuff and not be The Enemy, that goes so far beyond the bounds of decent discourse it's , like Larry says, disgusting. And Ive seen her sentiments repeated over and over.
If you want to point out anyone in public on our side who says that kind of stuff, I'll denounce them too. But you won't be able to, that kind of hate talk is pretty much the dominance of the other side.
Stay good
James
Old 10-28-2005, 01:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy :

In light of the fact that since 2000 we have lost the right to private property, habeas corpus, unlimted time in prison on no charges and numerous other rights which were limited or wiped out by the "Patriot Act" all in the name of the "War on Terror", when in fact both the northern and southern borders and all major seaports are as wide-open if not more so than pre-2000 ( and we are overrun with illegal aliens all over the U.S. ), yes, it infuriates the hell out of me for ANYONE to say anything negative about freedom of speech. You will remeber also that there is a large zone around any appearances by Bush where Freedom of Speech is non-existent and you will ARRESTED for waving any kind of sign critical of him. Enough for now.

Larry
Old 10-28-2005, 02:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Old 10-29-2005, 07:06 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default More on A (for Adolph) Coulter

"...During an interview with FAIR's radio show CounterSpin (8/9/02), Coulter challenged a story about her reported by Washington Post media reporter Howard Kurtz:
"Howard Kurtz made up a quote about a Vietnam vet, which he knows he made up, which has now run twice in the Washington Post, once in Talk magazine, once in People Magazine, once in the Washingtonian. It's something I allegedly said on TV. Why doesn't somebody produce a tape of that?"
Coulter was referring to Kurtz's account of a 1997 debate on MSNBC's NewsChat show (10/11/97), when Coulter was a paid MSNBC contributor. According to Kurtz (Washington Post, 10/16/98), "Coulter was debating a disabled Vietnam vet when she snapped: 'People like you caused us to lose that war.' (She says she didn't know the guest, appearing by satellite, was disabled.) That ended her MSNBC career."

That Post report, Coulter told CounterSpin, was "absolute lies.... It's absolutely out of character for me."

Extra! asked Kurtz about the charge that he'd fabricated the quote for his report. In an email, Kurtz responded: "The account of Ann Coulter's remarks to the veteran on MSNBC was provided to me by Coulter herself, who told me she liked the piece and never complained about the passage until she was trying to sell books."

Kurtz also told Extra! that MSNBC had confirmed that Coulter was let go after making such a comment to a disabled Vietnam veteran..."

Now here's ANOTHER noted conservative who likes to slam Vietnam Veterans who are Democrats. Telling a disabled Vietnam Veteran that it was people like him who lost the war is a little over the top for most people but for conservatiuves its just good business--just look at how they lined up to piss on Kerry and Gore's medals--both of whom volunteered for Vietnam.
Coulter pisses on every veterans record that disagrees with her,
That sound funny to you guys? here's another funny one: When conservatives start talking to liberals with baseball bats as she advocates FREQUENTLY there will be dead bodies laying around America--thats a promise. That is what people who joke about "talking to people" with baseball bats deserve.
Liberals like to joke too and I know a REALLY funny one about Ann Coulter, her folowers and Liberals with Homemade Claymores--it would make a true Coulterite just DIE laughing.
Just let me know when "batting practice" is about to start. There won't be a 2d warning.
Stay good
James
Old 10-29-2005, 07:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My

Deah frand James..................

I batted .435 in High School and .379 in American Legion baseball BEFORE I became one of 'those" disabled Vietnam Vets that Ann Coulter may have been refering to.

SIGN ME UP FOR BATTING PRACTICE
!................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.