Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-23-2004, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Good Hackers?

Offers pour in to help family get access to slain Marine's Yahoo

LAST UPDATE: 12/22/2004 10:46:45 AM

WIXOM, Mich. (AP) - Computer hackers and lawyers from across the nation are offering to help a Michigan family access the e-mail of a Marine killed in Iraq.

The family of Justin Ellsworth says it wants to get into his Yahoo account so it can remember him in his own words. However, it hasn't persuaded the Internet company to abandon its policy to not give out anyone's password.

Now lawyers are offering to help fight Yahoo. And computer hackers say they'll try to crack his password for free.

Yahoo says it deletes any account that's been idle for 90 days. Ellsworth was killed in Iraq on November third, meaning at the latest his account would be erased February first.

-----------------------------------------------
GOOD HACKERS?

No one can dispute the fact that some hackers, although illegal in their activities, are absolutely brilliant! When, however, these hackers offer to do a good deed, albeit illegal, again the fine line between right and wrong becomes ever more blurred, even if I do agree (in my opinion) with the motivation of those offering to help (See Piece Above)!

I find it interesting that right and wrong, good or bad, has become a matter of opinion, power, connections and finance! Take for instance, the matter that I have covered redundantly in this forum, it being: ?When is perjury and willful misconduct within the bureaucracy and government (crimes that are in direct violation of our law), acceptable and even applauded by those who are suppose to know better??

And yet, there are those who would obey and/or champion the law, only when it suits their needs or personal agenda to do so! They then spit into the face of their peers, and the law as well, when their own, or their cronies, vested greed enters the picture! ?Is this not a double standard by any stretch of the imagination??

?And when this foul betrayal is undertaken by people in positions of power and trust, does not this (so-called) equal justice become nothing more than a convenient sham!??

And with the slings and arrows of certain powers that be, already being aimed at our current armed forces, as well as our veterans, will the VA (as it has done in the past), again become more of a big (and lying) business, than the true champion of the veteran!

And when a departed soldier?s father is forced to fight to attain that which should have been freely given to him without a hassle, and our government sits on it?s ass as usual, even in the face of injustice and it?s own systemic perjury, what then I say, is left of truth, justice and the American way?

Is this a pre-planned trend that is fast taking over our way of life, or is it merely the ?Governmentally Accepted Actions? of a few filthy louts? ?I guess that you will have to answer that for yourself!??

But what ever rationale you come up with or chose to follow, one thing remains ?An Axiom of Shame? - if these few rotten bums are allowed to continue to erode our national honor, we may soon become the very thing that we have fought against for over two centuries!! And what then will you leave as a legacy to generations of Americans yet unborn?

?It would seem that some human animals just have no shame, pride or integrity at all! And worse yet, these crums know who and what they really are!!?

?The genuine problem here is that they don?t give a damn!!?

VERITAS
Old 12-23-2004, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Before reading this, I would've assumed the term "Good Hackers", like military intelligence, to be an oxymoron. Good luck to them.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by revwardoc Before reading this, I would've assumed the term "Good Hackers", like military intelligence, to be an oxymoron. Good luck to them.
They will need it. No doubt Yahoo is increasing their security (at least on that email account) if they haven't deleted his account already.

On a side note, I have to wonder if Yahoo is right or wrong in this. Put yourself in the soldiers shoes for a minute. What if he had email messages in there that he didn't ever want his family to see, let alone the free world (could happen if the wrong hackers get into his email account). Would it be right for his father to read those emails? What about the privacy of those who emailed the soldier.

I understand the father wanting to read his sons final words. I also understand Yahoo's stand on personal privacy. It's a catch 22 if your yahoo.

You will only under estimate me once!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:53 PM

Yes, whatever yahoo decides will set a precedence for others to follow. With all the military overseas that email their families, yahoo and other sites will have to make a decision.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote