The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2002, 10:59 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Has Anyone?

Else seen the Saudi propaganda on AMERICAN television? Yes,folks,our friends in Saudi Arabia are buying time on OUR networks to tell us what great and loyal friends we have over in the desert.These are the same Saudis that produced 3/4 of the 9/11 terrorists who attacked our country.Yup,the very same Saudis that are cutting checks to the families of Palestinian homocide bombers.The same Saudis whose Crown Prince sat in OUR NATION`S CAPITAL and instructed OUR PRESIDENT to tighten the rien on Isreal,and that we could not utilize Saudi air strips to go after Saddam...What in hell is going on here? Is President Bush flagging in his resolve?I`m confused!

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2002, 11:02 AM

Thumbs down friend's are great are'nt they.hahaha

razz
Old 05-10-2002, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Has Anyone?

Quote:
Originally posted by phuloi
What in hell is going on here? Is President Bush flagging in his resolve?I`m confused!
Just bowing to political expediencies, same as the last president (and every other president) was accused of doing. Sometimes there's a difference between what ought to be done and what can be done

James

Happy just to be alive
Old 05-10-2002, 12:55 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Griz,
For decades the Saudi family has been growing their own hanging tree and now that the branches are strong enough and the time is at hand, we see the big PR effort. It is called playing both ends against the middle and what the Saudi family is trying to do is appease the factions looking for their demise; Osama bin Laden, the Wahabi Clerics and right wing fundamentalist Islam for example. And at the same time, shore up failing alliances and try to put on the face of a benevolent, wise monarchy that is supposedly necessary in this world. I vote for tolerated but not absolutely necessary.

So, as to the current administration and past administrations as well, we can expect that there will be efforts to accommodate the Saudi family and at the same time pursue our national interests and commitments in the area. And none of these are inclusively or exclusively compatable at any given time. So as usual, it will look, act and be like the Keystone Cops trying to keep up with the asylum escapees. How does that go? If ya argue with a madman, people wonder which one is actually crazier. That?s what is on the plate as I see it.

Another factor is that the Saudi family is not monolithic or particularly united in anything but holding on. So one Prince undermining the work of another is usual and they seem to speak in opposite voices that add to the confusion and disillusionment. In my opinion, this assures their mutual date with the hanging tree. The big secret concern, I?d bet, is who will succeed the Saudi family. Given the list of potential candidates, I?d think that chasing the asylum escapees is the least worst choice at this time. But any administration that gets in the chase will come under the eye of scrutiny and there will be thoughts and doubts about collective mental health. Same deal, different administration, repeat over and over again.

Fair seas, Bill
Old 05-10-2002, 01:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Nope..havent seen it on t.v. nor heard the radio spots..wish there as a way to get a transcript of this. Any particular program or time these are aired? I am very curious about what is really being said.
Old 05-10-2002, 01:17 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-10-2002, 01:34 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."