The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2016, 01:18 PM

Thumbs up Remembering 9/11:

Remembering 9/11:
RE: VFW Action Corps

As the 15th anniversary of the worst attack on American soil approaches, VFW National Commander Brian Duffy wants everyone to remember that America is still at war against those responsible for killing nearly 3,000 innocents in New York City, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania, as well as against radical Islamic terrorists who slaughter without mercy. “Just as generations before me remembered the Alamo, the Maine and Pearl Harbor, I will never forget Sept. 11, 2001,” he said, while commending the one percent who secure every freedom for every other American, who choose a harder path while others don’t, and who are still in the fight in Afghanistan, Iraq, and other hotspots around the world. The Chief said the nonstop conflict has produced a lot of hindsight, but perhaps none more reassuring than to know that America’s military was capable of fighting a two-front war for 15 years with just an All-Volunteer Force. “That they have, and continue to do so magnificently, is testament to the high-caliber of today’s military, to our youth, and to their leadership,” he said. “America was built on the service and sacrifice of many Americans, but our continued safety, security and freedoms fall squarely on the shoulders of those who wear the uniform — be they military or first responder — and on behalf of nearly 1.7 million VFW and VFW Auxiliary members, I salute all who have and continue to serve and sacrifice for our great nation, and their families, too.”

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2016, 12:15 PM

I can't understand how nobody had a response to 911 - it was awful and yet brave of those who went there to help others - less we forget?

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-13-2016, 09:03 AM

I'm a retired merchant seaman. A couple of Sundays after 911, our tanker was at the Hess Oil dock in Brooklyn discharging our load. It was about 1400 hrs when I heard what sounded like Bags & Pipes playing. I went on deck to see if I could distinguish where the sound was coming from. It was the NYPD Bags & Pipes Corp playing"Amazing Grace." It seemed like everything else in Brooklyn stopped when A.G was being played. It was beautiful.
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 09-13-2016, 06:01 PM

Pearl Harbor - 9/11 were both sneak attacks - Why didn't we know they were on the horizon?

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-13-2016, 06:04 PM

Boston Bombing - Oklahoma - Beruit - and I'm sure a few more - Why?

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-14-2016, 07:10 AM

Boats.........How do you expect anyone to know what some schizophrenic bomber has floating around in their mind when they don't know themself ?
"I Have Not Come To Bring Peace, I Have Come With The Sword". Jesus Christ.....Matthew 10:34
Old 09-14-2016, 11:05 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats,

I'll try to sort-of-answer your questions: "Why?" and "Why didn't we know they were on the horizon?".

The answer to both is truly quite simple, in that America's enemies rarely (If ever?) INSANELY telegraph or forewarn about Attacks or Attacking Anything (a stupid USA norm), and therefore why mass-murders commonly expected on Soft Civilian Targets (War Criminal Acts) are merely just referred to as; "Sneak attacks".

Hell. If Bush hadn't telegraphed or forewarned invading Iraq for about a year, does anyone think that Hussein's 100 truck convoys (no doubt chuck-full-of: "NON-Existant WMDs") would Now Currently be used against thousands of Civilian Syrians?

Hell again. If: "His Barackness" hadn't forewarned about EVERYTHING he would or would not do (even insanely while giving timetables), do you think ISIS (Russia, China, Iran & North Korea also) would be just as brazen and world threatening as they quite obviously are? Afghanistan is just biding its time.

Telegraphing or forewarning ANY Enemy about ANYTHING is just plain Criminally Stupid.

Neil