The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2004, 05:32 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Yup, and sometimes... you just have to live through it completely alone.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2004, 09:43 PM

Hang in there Hawk. Your as normal as about 99 % of us. Most have seen death and trauma through the same eyes you see through. And we all in some way wish or hoped there was something we could do or could have done. This to me is some of those "Choices in Life". We were where we were for a reason, and a choice. God puts those stumbling blocks in our way to make us better at what we are capable of doing and I have been told that God never puts too much on you that you can't handle. I sincerely think this is true. I try to see everyday as a new day and the past as experience that I can repeat or not. That is when I am in a situation that allows me a choice. I realize sometimes we have no choice, situations and incidents like yours and watching a fellow burn to death in a car after he was hit by a drunk are these types of incidents that our choice is not the answer. There just isn't anything a mortal can do in some situations.
Hang Tuff, cause your working on the problem. Prayer and true belief will get you through.
God Bless
Old 10-30-2008, 09:15 AM

Hey Sparrow, I know this is a REALLY old post but I just came across it by accident. I hope you are doing better since this was over 4 years ago. I think I've contacted you before regarding this. I was also on the Indy, on the flight deck, when this happened. Your memories are correct in every way, your description of the events that day are very accurate. It was a very traumatic thing for people our age to witness. I think about it all the time (as evidenced by me finding this post) although I don't thinK I'm considered having PTSD as you have. I have recurring dreams about being in the Navy (at my age now, 47 with a wife, kids, a good job, mortgage, etc.) and it's the first day of a new cruise and I have no idea why I'm doing what I'm doing. When I wake up I'm extremely depressed and it takes me about an hour or so get out of the funk.

Take care Sparrow, see you on the Indy Yahoo group!

Ed
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote